Author Topic: Hello from me, Odin & Freya!  (Read 2523 times)

Offline odinandfreya

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Odin and Freya
Re: Hello from me, Odin & Freya!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 23:04:47 PM »

Flynn, my lost boy, used to like to sit and watch me in the bath too - until he fell in one day.   :-[  I'll never be a Bluebell Girl now, as i still bear the four inch long scar on my leg where he clawed his way up from the water and leapt out to sit shocked and indignant in a spreading puddle of water on the bathroom floor.......

Eeesh! how painful!

Odin has fallen in the bath twice and the toilet 3 times - he doesn't seem to have learnt. Freya likes to crawl down me if I'm in the bath so she can sit on my knee an paw the water.

I can't go to the toilet without constant mewoing and cat paws coming under the door - you're right, privacy does go out the window!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 06:58:35 AM »

Flynn, my lost boy, used to like to sit and watch me in the bath too - until he fell in one day.   :-[  I'll never be a Bluebell Girl now, as i still bear the four inch long scar on my leg where he clawed his way up from the water and leapt out to sit shocked and indignant in a spreading puddle of water on the bathroom floor.......

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 22:52:19 PM »
Thanks guys! You know when we bought them back the lady from the cats protection was like "they may be quite shy and hide under the wardrobe for a few day" we bought them home and they did nothing but run excitedly around for hours until they collapsed asleep on our laps.

They are certainly full of character. Apparently a lot of people were squeamish about Odin's eye (lord knows why!) but he is the most lovely cat. They follow us around and like to sit on the edge of the bath when I wash in the evenings!

I always have at least 2 cats sat at the end of the bath .... and if not there they will sit next to the radiator watching me.  Once you have cats privacy goes out the window! lol
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline odinandfreya

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 22:13:28 PM »
Thanks guys! You know when we bought them back the lady from the cats protection was like "they may be quite shy and hide under the wardrobe for a few day" we bought them home and they did nothing but run excitedly around for hours until they collapsed asleep on our laps.

They are certainly full of character. Apparently a lot of people were squeamish about Odin's eye (lord knows why!) but he is the most lovely cat. They follow us around and like to sit on the edge of the bath when I wash in the evenings!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.

Odin and Freya are adorable, they both look like real characters already. Love the pic of Freya asleep with her feet in the air!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 09:19:22 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  :) How could anyone not want those two?! :Luv2: :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 07:01:53 AM »
Hello - welcome to Purrs, to you and Odin and Freya.  Aren't they gorgeous?!!!   :welcome: ;D

I can't understand how no-one would want them either.  They're very cat-nappable  :Luv:

And erm - I think Freya does "unladylike" in a very ladylike fashion.  I mean in that top piccie, her tail preserves her modesty perfectly -not many can achieve that.  ;)  That's class, that is.   :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 22:22:11 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

OMG what gorgeous babies.  I can't imagine why no-one wanted them ... they are both beautiful  :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline odinandfreya

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 22:01:01 PM »
Hahaha that's a good point she doesn't does she! She's normally so refined and neat... and then occasionally she let's loose!

She fell asleep like this the other day...

I can see it might be addictive - I've been reading for quite a while! When I got my guinea pigs years ago I read so much and joined so many forums - my pigs live like kings! I don't want my kitties not to live the same standard :P

Seems like a very friendly forum already, thank you for the hello!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 21:45:36 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

What a gorgeous pair you have there  :Luv: Have to say Freya doesn't look very ladylike in that first pic with her leg up behind her head  :evillaugh:

Offline odinandfreya

• Kitten
Hello from me, Odin & Freya!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 21:35:17 PM »
Hello!

I've only just joined so that I can fill myself full of knowledge so that my new kittlings can have an awesome life!  ;D

At the end of August after years and years of wanting cats, I adopted two kittens, Odin & Freya.

They're about 6 months old now and are the cutest things you ever did see! I got them from the Cats protection, both had been abandoned and had cat flu, which has left Odin with only one eye. Nobody seemed to want him but of course, I did! We adopted him with his sister as they were very close, and they are now firm family members. Freya is very calm and ladylike and Odin is very naughty and clingy! (but loveable)

Here's both of them having a good clean on the sofa!

and a nice cuddle on my lap!

I have loads of questions all ready but will read all the stickies first. Excited to say hi to everyone too!

Link to CatChat