Author Topic: Question on neutering and vaccination  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Question on neutering and vaccination
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 01:35:13 AM »
So pleased both of you had some sleep and hope the collar arrives tomorrow so at least you will be able to take an eye off her...........not that you will want to  :Luv2:

The wound heals from inside out so the internal part will heal first and the inside of the external part will be healing too so if you can get through a few days she will be healing unseen to you.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 20:52:39 PM »
Glad she's ok  :hug:

Gwynnie was totally hyperactive after her spey - like a whirlwind, I was worried about her stitches, with all that leaping about, but it was kind of funny watching her  :evillaugh:

Foster cat Coco, took her stiches out fairly early on, the wound never opened up and healed beautifully.  :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »
Thank you every one for your support and advice. :hug: :hug: I learn some thing new every time i am here on purrs :)
We stayed on sofa till 3 am and then she looked really sleepy so i moved her to bed with me , she has this little grey mouse that she picked amongst Mister toys a while back its tiny and carried to her bed and she suckles to it every night and then fell sleep  :Luv2: So i watched her doing that and once she was asleep then i closed my eyes and she woke up at 6 wanting breakfast so yes she is fine. I have been watching her all morning and while she is washing her self she tries pulling the stiches but then i move her head but it looks fine for now.
Gill you are right it was the med making her so hyper, she is much calmer now so am i :naughty:
Dawn , its so true how can you tell a cat not to jump specially a Bengal ;) Thanks for your support :hug:

Sue , Mister like Ross was very sleepy once i got him home  :Luv: I cant believe Felicity started re arranging all her toys as soon as i got her out of the carriear :evillaugh:
Yes i tried 3 Babygro last night cutting them to different shapes but she some how managed to get out of them still have 4 left though :rofl:
Carol Thankyou for the link its very helpful if the comfy collar is not here by tomorrow then i am aff to get the tube and try and make one with the help of the neighbour .

Sheila i saw Theo photo on Alison thread first and he looks so comfy in that :Luv2: :Luv2:
Oh god i love Black and white cats they are just so different i know its not relevant but i so wanted to offer moo moo a home but knew its not right with my health and having Felicity.

Well better get on with some cleaning while she is asleep, have 2 days off from work to watch her so better make the most of it .
 :hug: :hug: To every one.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 12:45:56 PM by pappilon »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 11:20:02 AM »
Hope you and Felicity got some sleep and that she is fine today  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 08:42:18 AM »
Popping on to say hope the night wasn't TOO stressful for you with Little Miss Torti, Pav. :hug: :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 08:28:53 AM »

How are you both this morning Pav?  :hug: :hug:

I remember when Mac was neutered, he came back from the vet absolutely hyper, whereas Ross was just very sleepy.    I agree that I doubt another vet would want to interfere with the stitches unless they were infected and posing a risk to her health. Hoping you won't need to worry about that though if she's calmed down. 

I was wondering if you could adapt the babygro by cutting it away to fit? 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 08:22:04 AM »
hope you both had a good night pav, honestly tilly pulled a little at her stitches but not enough to do damage and as a bengal there was no telling her not to jump about!  she was find and I'm sure little felicity (I LOVE that name by the way) will be too

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2012, 23:24:45 PM »
Try not to panic Pav, I am sure Sheila is right and hope she will just calm down.

She probably doesnt know she has stitches and just wants to do her normal things.

I dont think another vet will be willing to muscle in on another vets work unless its an emergency and you will have to go back to have stitches removed.

Afraid vets often have fleas around cos cats with fleas go in and dump them.

My vets is very clean but mine have caught an odd flea and Napoleon caught cat flu.

After Felicty is all settled then you can start looking for a better vet but it has to be one you can get too............do you have any work mates with cats who could give you a reconmendation? That is always the best. Another option is a petshop or a local cp cos they usually know of good vets.

When you find a potential one then you need to ask to vist and see behind the scenes and interview the vet .

I hope you and Felicity are fast asleep  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2012, 22:09:52 PM »
Theo loved his home-made collar, Pav. The comfy collars are quick but it won't come tomorrow, so think about your options if she does pull her stitches. I don't think you need to get her re-done, though. See how she fares overnight before asking for second opinions.

The cone collars disorient the cat because they can't hear what's going on behind them and all noises are funnelled in through the front so it makes them nervous.

My girl Sadie never had any issues with her spay, her stitches held fast and although she licked the area clean they didn't fail. Hopefully (and statistics are on your side here) she'll not have any issues.

Have a little faith and try not to stress out. I'm sure she will be fine.  :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 22:00:49 PM »
Please try not to panic Pav - difficult I know.    :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   Gill is right, they have probably used an anaesthetic containing ketamine which  can cause some cats to go hyperactive.  Its horrible and frightening while it lasts but when it wears off she will zonk out completely and you can get some rest.
 I suspect the collar is making her worse - I've never had a cat yet who found it easy to wear one and i have always ended up taking them off pretty quickly (i.e. first night).  The best you can hope for is that she doesn't manage to loosen the stitches and that she stops biting them when she calms down.  In that case you don't need to do anything (other than keep a close eye on her and hope the comfy collar arrives soon).
If she does manage to loosen the stitches and/or is bleeding then she needs to see a vet.  I wouldn't think a new vet would be willing to remove the stitches if they were intact but if they are damaged then they would have to and glue would seem like a sensible alternative.

A Purrs member had a problem with her foster cat removing stitches earlier this year and the vet ended up stapling and glueing the wound.  The cat managed to pull out the staples but the glue held. http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37098.msg657655.html#msg657655

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 20:58:53 PM »
Thanks every one, i tried the lamp shade again and she went crazy runing around and trying to get it off so i took it off . I moved all her toys so she stops but the she started runing and jumped on the sofa and then fall down :( I am so worried what if the stiches open from inside and she have internal bleeding is that possible i just dont know what else to do.
Thanks sheila but atm i am not sure if i am able to make the collar myself.I am going to place the order now but not sure if it comes by tomorrow.

Dawn i think its the med you are right i need to calm down. She hasnt stoped since 4 pm .
Gill not sure what they used, but i dont think i want to go back there i found a flea on her face half dead but still moving i managed to catch it. She didnt have fleas , oh gosh it gets better and better :'(
Kay the vet told me if she start pulling the stiches put the collar on and keep it for 10 days.
There is a vet in Elizabeth street (VIctoria) not local , do you think if i take her there tomorrow they can move the stiches and use the glue or is it too late.
I can stay up tonight and watch her but have to do some thing if the comfy collar dont get here tomorrow.
I am going to turn the light off and see if she settles a bit, going tio be a long night :tired:
Thanks every one

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 20:23:32 PM »
I think I am going to have to get a padded fabric cone for Trigger when he has his leg lump removed, as I suspect he would be able to access the wound with a comfy collar on, as his legs are long

I had a Siamese once who removed her stitches within three days of her spay, but the wound didn't open up or become infected - I do wonder sometimes if some cats know better than us how to get themselves healed up   
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 19:16:32 PM »
So pleased that Felicty is home and hope she doesnt get her stitches.

There is a horrible trend of using a drug call kerotine,,,,,think thats right.....now and was used on Lupin when he was neutered and it makes them come round quickly but be very hyper active.

As you vet seems to be very old fashioned this may not have been used.

Hope you are able to get a comfy collar quick.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 18:42:39 PM »
She needs the smallest collar, Pav. They all adjust to some extent as you fit it to an ordinary cat collar which is adjusted to her neck.

I think you might want to try your hand at making one of these stand-by's - here's my pics of Theo in his makeshift comfy collar that I made from a piece of faux sheepskin wrapped and stitched into a tube through which a stretchy bootlace has been placed.

Love the new name. Hope you get better soon too  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 18:18:39 PM »
tilly was devil straight after her spay as well, in the end I just couldn't stop her!  try and relax a bit pav, once her pain meds wear off a bit she will slow down naturally I'm sure, not sure about the collar, maybe pm Kay she just got one

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 18:12:20 PM »
I am about to order a comfy collar for her as she is pulling her stiches :( Does any one know what size i should order there are 3 different one but cant work out which is suitable for her she is 2.5 kilo.

Sue thats what the nurse said she should sleep all night , she hasnt stoped walking since we got home  :Crazy: I am trying to move all her toys to a box but she just wants to play i dont understand as sson as i took her out of the carrier she took her mouse and started moving her toys around.
The baby gro doesnt fit right and the lamp shade collar she managed to get out by pressing against the skirting board and bending her head, i dont know to laugh or cry . She normaly is such a gentle and good cat but in last 2 hours she's turned to a little devil  :-:

can i put some bandage on her stiches just till the comfy collar arrives?
Well i guess i just have to watch her all night, the nurse said make sure she doesnt jump but if i go to bed tonight then she will jump on bed. Sorry for the rant :tired:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 17:45:44 PM »

Very pleased all has gone well Pav.   :hug: :hug:  Hope you have your little girl safely home again now.  :Luv:  She should sleep tonight, so hopefully you can too.  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 14:35:55 PM »
Thanks Carol i think so too, as i noticed a black cat hanging around in the back garden last week had a collar on but couldnt see if it was neutered or not and that worried me .

Thank you Rosella, i will keep her in for a while not sure how she manage with jumping on bed and sofa in first few days though.

Sue i guess the early waking sdyndrom is in young cats only i wonder if they get bored or want a play mate thats why they do it :) Mister used to just jump on me to get to his bed next to my pillow  :Luv2: It was too much hard work to go round and get to his bed and i didnt mind at all but this little monkey keep jumping up and pat you with her paws or just stand on your arms and cry and down and up again and she wont stop till you get up :tired: I do play with her before going to bed but i guess 4 or 5 hours sleep is enough for her but not for me , every morning i am exhausted leaving for work and she goes back to bed and sleep all day , cat life ha :)

Well i just called and they said the op went well and i can collect her later this afternoon , as for glue they just dont use it in this surgury the inside one is disolving one and i have to take her back in 10 days to remove the stiches outside and she can have her first vaccination the very old fashion way :-: I got some baby gro from M&S but am not sure how can she use the litter once i put it on her so Liz if you read this please i need your advice sorry  :-[
The vet said thry will give her a long lasting pain killer (Metacam) and since she is young she should bounce back by tomorrow!
Thank you for all the help. :hug: :hug:

Gill, am thinking of you and hope you managed to get Sasa to the vet. I will follow it on Alison tread. :hug:

Have a great day every one.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 07:47:11 AM »

Good luck with the vet visit tonight - I hope they can answer your questions Pav and make the whole thing a little more reassuring for you.   :hug: :hug:

Liz, I love the babygro idea.   :)  practical.

Pav, if you find a way to prevent the early waking syndrome, you could patent it - it would be a boon to cat owners everywhere.....  :evillaugh: :hug:  I have to say though, I do enjoy, in a peverse masochistic way, that thump and prrrp as Ross lands on my chest around 4 - 4.30 then he starts nudging at my earlobe and settles down for a snoozle.  I lie there thinking "Ow! OW! Aw, I do love you my little Foo Fighter. OWWW!!"
 :evillaugh: :shy:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 23:29:59 PM »
The girls were spayed on 30 April 2009 Pav and we allowed them out for 1st time about 10 days later.

Neither needed a buster collar as the vet nurses kept an eye on them and happily neither ever really interfered with their stitches  :) 

It doesn't have to be a trauma  :hug: :hug: :hug:

If she is going out, of course she must be spayed asap  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Blimey Carol ....... sometimes I wonder if you are looking over my shoulder as I type  :-: :evillaugh:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 23:27:14 PM »
As Felicity is already going out I think you do right to stick with getting the spay and microchip done first.  Not all cats bite stitches so even she does have them she might not need a collar.  Good luck to the pair of you.  :hug:  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 23:20:26 PM »
Thanks Gill, yes very noisy even with ear plugs.
I think me and the cats have been very unlucky with the vets :(

Oh def showing my age :rofl: :rofl:
Yes Phoebe used to have accidents too and that was so sad to see the fear in her eyes :(
Good luck with Wednesday Gill , i hope it goes well both with catching Sasa and the vet visit. I will check Alison tread for update :hug: :hug:

Off to bed now, have to start a new tread soon . HOW TO STOP HER WAKING ME UP @ 5.30 EVERY MORNING :tired:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 22:58:15 PM »
I hope the MRI was ok, I find them very scarey and so noisy  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Its so sad you dont seem to have a really good vet close Pav as my vet in London was lovely and my last two vets here have been great, the first one I had with Kocka I wasnt keen on and looked for a long time till I found Richard and then found Gareth and Co by accident.

The young girl was she a qualified vet?  or are you showing your age  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes I remember Phoebe and it is heartbreaking catching cats like that and Sasa cries pityfully and usually has an accident too. Still have no plan for Wed  :scared:

Hope the vet is a good people communicator tomorrow Pav and you get all the answers you need  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 22:29:44 PM »
Sorry for not replying earlier had to go for MRI and 25 min inside the machine  :Crazy:

Gill, i so understand how you feel about Sasa , its so hard to deal with cats like her if you remember my Phoebe was the same though shewasnt semi feral but was mistreated by privious people >:( I couldnt pick her, medicate her and she didnt like to be brushed and didnt know how to play  :( Taking her to the vet was heart breaking.
Yes i will right every thing down and will ask about hidden stiches.
When i took Felicity the first time there was a young girl on duty and she was fine with her.

Rosella, yes she does go out, i know its wrong as she is not vaccinated and its no excuse but the flat gets so hot its like a sauna and once the window got opened there she was. I know after losing Mister i thought i need to put nets on windows and front if i was to get another cat but she was just here and i didnt get to do any thing the only thing is she goes out with me in the morning for a while before i leave for work and once i bring her in she is fine she doesnt cry or make a fuss to go out and i know i could just keep her in for another month or so and do the vaccs first but i dont like to see her coming to season cats on heat is not nice and it wont be fair on her , also i wont be able to arrange for any more days off till New year.
I love Milly modeling :Luv2: her scar dont look too bad, how long after the op did you keep them in for?
As for geting to know the vet, after what i witnessed while visiting Mister on his first day in my vet i dont know who to trust any more  as far as i am concerned they can be really nice to your pet while you are there and once they take them behind the doors all can change , and am sure there are lots of good vets out there . I better stop this is not the right place to bring this up.

Yes thanks Carol for the link.

Liz, dif i will have her chipped the same day , i like the baby gro idea but it has to be really tight then. I dont think i go with the lamp collar though .
I am ok about the op its after op which worries me if she start running around and infection.

Thanks Michelle :hug:
I am going to stop by the surgery and speak to the vet tomorrow eve and if he think vaccs before spaying then i will have to change the plans :tired:

Thank you every one from both of us, still have to insure her ;)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 17:46:29 PM »
Welcome to Miss T  :hug: :hug:

Personally I would have her vaccinations done first and then get her spayed in a months time. You never know what she could pick up at the vets being un-vac'ed !

And deff get her mirco-chipped while being spayed

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 15:09:05 PM »
Pav loving your little girls name ;D

I would have her ID Chipped whilst she is speyed, that way you both are unaware of the big needle :hug:

Gluing is something we get on our girls as it saves the head collar of shame and another good thing is a babygro to cover the stitches if you are worried about it

A lot of Vets practices do charge for the internal stitches and gluing about £5.00 per cat here, it makes life so much easier and will be thinking of you both on Wednesday :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 15:04:02 PM »
Just skipped through that link Carol.  Really informative.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 14:56:36 PM »
Is Miss T going outside Pav? 

I only ask as (whilst not ideal), if she isn't, might it be possible to postpone spay for a month or so whilst she has her vaccinations?  You will then have an opportunity to get better acquainted with vet and staff at new practice before going ahead with the op.  Just a thought.

I think Carol is right about the stitching. I asked our vets ages back about the gluing and was told they don't normally.  Millie and Ruby both had intra dermal stitches with one (or was it two?) outside stitches.  I'll see if I can get one of them to model what it looked like  :innocent:  Ooo look here's Milly Monster from Spring 2009  :)  Wot a tart!  :naughty:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 14:38:20 PM »
I am not well up on stitches Pav but last week I was at my vets and discussing Sasa with him.

As you know she is a semi feral so just getting her to the vets is very hard.

I am worried that she may need surgery on her tummy and a collar is a no no. Gareth underestood completely and said if she needed surgery he would do internal stitching and hidden stitches on top, so that could be an option. I mentioned gluing and staples to him but that was his answer.

Sasa cant be medicated at home and will be impossible to catch again within a short time unless she gets so ill she cant bloomin move.

Were you happy with the vet and how he handled Felicity?

Try and write all the options down before you speak to him and write down the answers cos its always such a panic time.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 14:25:01 PM »
Thank you Gillian, i will leave the vaccination for now . I am going to stop by there tomorrow and speak to the vet .I think Carol is right they may not do the outerlayer and thats what the nurse meant.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 14:21:13 PM »
Thank you Carol, i am afraid i left it too long i should have had her vaccinated sooner but havent been well myself having a disc on my neck and not being able to use my left hand i kept postponing  :tired:
I dont want to leave the neutering for any longer as i am afraid she comes to season so i will have her done and then will go back for vaccination in a month.
Yes i think you are right when i asked the nurse about pulling her stiches she suggested the collar so it may be that they dont glue the outside.
Thank you for advice :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 14:15:40 PM »
Pav, at the rescue we typically do the vaccinations first (first vac at any time from 8 weeks onwards with the second 3 weeks later) and then spay at 6 months.  I woud think doing vaccs and spay at the same time might be too much but that's my opinion and I don't have any facts to back it up.  However, were she to get an infection in the spay wound (very unlikely but not absolutely unknown) then the abs she would need for that would complicate matters nd you might have to start the vacs all over again when she was better.  Come to think of it some vets routinely give an AB injection when they're doing surgery but I suspect that is not the case for routine spays and neuters.
Regarding intradermal stitches, most vets do those now so I would at least want to know why yours doesn't.  They don't all glue the outer layer though, some staple or stitch it so maybe that is what your vet means when he says she can have the collar. http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2116&aid=3025

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 14:11:25 PM »
No don't have the vacs at the same time as spaying - you are right, too much for the body to take in one go, wait till she's fully recovered from the spay. Like Gill said, I would try and talk to the vet himself about the stiching, rather than the nurse - I think it would be perfectly in order for you to request gluing, unless they have a good reason for doing stitches instead  :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 14:10:50 PM »
Thanks Gill, you are right i think i should go in tomorrow and speak to the vet before taking her.I just cant think straight atm and i know there are many treads re neutering but cant go through them .

My neighbour used this vet when she had her cat , i dont know much about him . I took Felicity in when i found her to be checked and thats all i know of them. :-[ I have been to other 3 local vets and not happy with any of them one gave the wrong med to Boy the other wanted to op on Phoebe and remove her thyroid and quote £2500  so i got second opinion and was told they are hidden so not possible to remove :Crazy: and the last one is where i lost Mister :( I guess i dont have much choice.

Do you think i should have her vaccinated at the same time?

Thanks

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 13:46:42 PM »
I would ask to speak to the vet ref the stitches before she goes incos cant believe they dont do internal stitching and glue and if they dont there are some types of injuries that would need these so its very worrying.

It may not be what they do normally for a spay but they definately should be able to do this.................afraid I would consider looking for a different vet if they still refuse.

If you have to go down the collar route then maybe one of the comfy collars would be a good idea.

What do you know about these vets Pav?

Felicity.........just love the name  ;D ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Question on neutering and vaccination
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 13:23:53 PM »
 I have booked Felicity(Miss T) for this Wednesday to be neutered and chiped , its been a while since i had a female cat neutered and am not sure what to expect/do? Am taking two days off to stay with her and asked the nurse if they do intradermal sutures withh glue which i read about it here but she said no :-: she said i can get the collar though! Iam taking her to a new vet and thats a bit worring. I dont want to go back to my vet after losing Mister it just bring back painful memory and i dont trust the nurses he takes on too many students.
Ok i need to know if i should have her first vaccination at the same time or its too much for her body to cope with she is still very small well in my eyes anyhow :innocent: In last 20 years all my cats came from rescue well except Mister and i never had to worry about neutering/vaccination . Well i guess it has to be done , sorry thinking outloud :scared:
Thanks for any advice.

Link to CatChat