Author Topic: Chloe has had her anal glands removed  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Chloe has had her anal glands removed
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 20:07:57 PM »
Glad the op went well, I've heard of blocked anal glands and knew they could cause problems but never knew they could be removed  :shy:

I have attached a picture of the operated area in case anybody is interested, and also a better picture of her face. (the second one is the operated area)

Cheeky, poor Chloe!  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 19:33:09 PM »
glad she is ok, I'm sure it was the right thing for her

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 14:54:10 PM »
So glad she is feeling better, we did it 2 of our Springers and they were so much happier and never having blocked anal glands again is a relief
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 13:55:56 PM »
Thank you for updating us as I have never heard of a cat having this done before.

It sounds like she must have been in pain prior to the op and as you can now stroke her she feels so much better  ;D ;D

She is very sweet and please let us know how she gets on. strokes to Chloe from me  :hug: :hug:

Offline st84741

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Chloe
Chloe has had her anal glands removed
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »
Hello. I introduced my cat Chloe on the newbie board recently. Thought I would update you regarding her blocked anal glands...

After much deliberation and consultation with the vet, I decided to proceed with the operation and have her anal glands removed. She gave the nurses hell - scratching and biting - while they tried to sedate her, she stayed on a drip overnight and I brought her home the next day.

I expected to get a very cool reception from her for a few days, but she was back to normal within minutes of getting home. She is now doing a very good impersonation of a baboon, having had all the fur from her nether region shaved off, but I think the op went very well. She is still scooting but I was reassured that this will be normal for a couple of weeks while her insides heal up.

I may be imagining it but I do believe her temperament has improved. She certainly does not mind being stroked in the tail area, which was always a sensitive spot before.

I have attached a picture of the operated area in case anybody is interested, and also a better picture of her face. (the second one is the operated area)

At this point in time she is doing well and I am now pleased I took the decision to have the glands removed.

Link to CatChat