Author Topic: Cats with special needs  (Read 3445 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Cats with special needs
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 22:11:08 PM »
Thank you for the reply i didnt mean to be nosy about the cost its just few years back when i was thinking of going back home and take my cat Mister with me i got 2 quote and they were both between £4000-£5000. Including all the paper works and transport but if they come overland then of course it works out
more reasonable.
The little Ginger cat looks young, bless him am sure with time will be come a loving and friendly cat. I am thinking of getting a friend cat for my young cat which i found in London as a stray but am thinking of an older cat. I will be in touch if i decide its the right thing to do.

Pav

Offline waf

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lettice
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 21:39:44 PM »
Hello Papillon,
The cost of transport to UK varies depending on which company we use and where in the country the adopter lives.
As I mentioned we ask for £75 -£100 from the adopter for a cat that is vaccinated, microchipped and spayed.
 The animals travel overland from Eastern Europe and for a cat we can get transport for as little as £100. Cost of vaccs and neutering is cheaper in Romania so the process is not as expensive as you may think. The balance of the cost is met by us,that is  World Animal Friends/the rescuer in Romania and another fundraising group we work with.
The little ginger cat is looking for a home - he was found living on the streets of Romania and is still a bit timid but improving. He has part of a back leg missing as you can see in the photo. He is coming to me to be fostered in a couple of weeks.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 21:22:18 PM »
Aww i think its a wonderful way of helping less fortunate cats, but it must cost a fortune to bring them over to this country. May i ask who covers the transport cost?
It also must be very hard to rehome at the moment as there are so many unwanted cats here in this country , people losing their jobs and homes find it hard to look after thier pets :(

Love the little ginger cat in the pic, his sweet little face remind me of my cat in Iran :Luv2: Is he looking for home?
Best of luck with what you doing and thank you for helping these poor cats , even if you manage to save one .

Offline waf

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lettice
Cats with special needs
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:11 AM »
Hello
I run a small fundraisng group for animal rescue work abroad and also assist with finding homes for  "special needs cats" mostly from eastern Europe.
If anyone is able to offer a loving home to cat that is either blind or partially sighted, an amputee. has mobility problems or has been the victim of abuse I always know of some waiting for their chance to be adopted.
I understand adopting from abroad is not for everyone, but if you would consider it, it is not difficult  - we make all the arrangements and it only takes a few weeks.
All cats are vaccinated, microchipped and neutered. We ask for an adoption fee of £75 £100.
A few of the cats can be seen on our Facebook page or I am happy to send more info and photos by email
worldanimals@btinternet.com
http://www.facebook.com/WorldAnimalFriendsAdoptMe

Link to CatChat