Author Topic: R.I.P Muffin (the lovebird)  (Read 3168 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: R.I.P Muffin (the lovebird)
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 01:06:00 AM »
Thxs again all :hug:
kids were crying at school this morning and willow stayed off college but since then they seem ok :scared:
all now fast asleep thankfully so hope tommorrow brings a better day :shy:
peaches seems ok, she was shaking yesterday at first but think she was in shock...lovebirds are very bright birds as they are a parrot trapped in a little body and are quite emotive but dont want to rush out to buy her a new friend in case its too much for her, she is in a cage with two others though so not totally alone :scared:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 23:01:48 PM »
Am so sorry for your loss Jo.  It's terrible when we lose a friend with no warning  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Muffin  :( :( :(   What a very beautiful bird you were  :Luv2:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 08:17:36 AM »
 :( :( :(
RIP Muffin.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 20:10:03 PM »
I am so sorry :(
RIP beautiful Muffin. x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 20:00:38 PM »
Sorry to hear this  :hug:

I know it must be terribly sad for you but at least take some comfort from that fact that it was quick and that she didn't linger or suffer  :hug:

RIP Muffin, safe and sound at the Bridge by now xx

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 18:30:05 PM »
thxs gill x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 17:51:25 PM »
I think Rainbow Bridge is more real and maybe if you read her the poem and show her our Roll of Honour with the music she may understand more.

This years Roll of Honour will include Muffin.

Another way of making it real is to read to her The Day Before Christmas, it will be Part 6 this year, its all about cats but I reckon she will understand that they are very happy on the Bridge.

If you do a search it will find all the parts that are currently written.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 17:14:27 PM »
thxs all.... yes this has been a shock, Muffin was such a strong bird , just still dont know what went on. They can suffer heart attacks and strokes but with a stroke id think there would have been some kind of rigidity in the limbs or something...muffin just looked perfect, honestly its just plain weird :-[
kids have settled down (fingers crossed) ive told them before about heaven and stuff, phoenix seems to think we all become stars and in fuerteventura announced baby jesus and michael jackson are stars in the sky together :Crazy: :rofl: i just love phoenix as he comes out with some mad stuff but to him its all perfect sense :shy:
. honey was so upset , i was shocked as shes not really been aware of the consequences of death before...this time though she was soo upset i just had to give them all hugs.
willow will have to keep a close eye on peaches as dont want her going into shock, ive been in cage once but cant go back in because of my cold as if they get it god  help us :-[

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 16:58:23 PM »
How very sad, I wonder if they can suddenly have a heart attack or a stroke.  I do hope all the others will be OK, what a very handsome bird  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Maybe its time to tell your children about Rainbow Bridge and how it was just Muffins time to fly there  :hug: :hug:

RIP Muffin, you were so loved

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 16:32:04 PM »
So sorry. RIP Muffin

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 16:23:45 PM »
so sorry to hear about poor little Muffin.     What a dreadful shock  Hope all the others will be ok :hug: :hug:.  x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

• Hero Cat
R.I.P Muffin (the lovebird)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 15:32:55 PM »
oh god :Crazy:
Willow took kids out to play in the fields and came back, then i heard hysterical screaming. Poor Muffin is laid flat on her back at bottom of cage with peaches, her mom trying to pick her back up :(
we have no clue as to whats happened, Muffin was perfectly healthy, even before willow went out the birds were all fine :Crazy: the girls are all heartbroken screaming for muffin and i dont know what to say or do. If Muffin had been ill i could have said she was ill..but this :Crazy:
I had to quickly bury poor muffin in the garden as the kids were hysterical. Muffin was one of the favourites as she was peaches and skys baby that we kept and she was a very lively bird. when sky flew away (for those that remember) peaches bonded up with Muffin her daughter despite introducing new friends, peaches and muffin just wouldnt be seperated. now willow is going mental as wondering how peaches is going to cope without muffin as she already lost sky. to see peaches trying to pick muffin up then laid down on her as to try to keep her warm was honestly the worst thing i think ive seen, It was heartbreaking :(
the other birds are all healthy as anything, but so was Muffin :Crazy:
I dont know what to do now, I know ive got a cold and they can catch that etc but ive dleiberately not been in the room with them so it cant be that, plus even though they mask symptoms well, you cannot go from a plump happy singing bird to a dead one in 30minutes, its impossible.
(muffin is the green , peach face at front...peaches is to the left)

RIP Muffin  :-[
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 15:52:54 PM by thekittensmittens »

Link to CatChat