Author Topic: Cant Believe I Stumbled Accross This on a Free Ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7944 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cant Believe I Stumbled Accross This on a Free Ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 14:31:06 PM »
Hope the update from Woodgreen is a great one, thank you FC  :hug: :hug:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 14:24:22 PM »
Thanks everyone, but its no more than anyone would have done   :shy: :shy:
I just wish it had been more local and i'd have just gone and got her straight away....but i'm so glad my calls/emails worked and she is now safe and getting the treatment she needs  :)  :hug:

I know Mittens the coldness of the whole thing was what made me even more scared for this girls future. There was no regrets, guilt ridden pleas, just hard faced and matter of fact  :'( sadly, she is probably not even that rare  :-[

Thanks Gill  :hug: I think its so much less noticable when their decline is so quick. I remember days before Tazi died he was still darting round my house like he was kitten (or as i'd affectionately say "running round with a flea up his  :censored: again"  :rofl:) but I know that when he has needed treatment he got it and I could never knowingly let my animals suffer. If I was ever in a dire situation (which could happen to anyone, with the best will in the world) I'd rather go cap in hand to help them than stand by and do nothing. You can always re-pay any help received when you can. I certainly wouldnt give them up - infact i've said to people before, dont ever make me choose, you will end up the most disappointed   :shify:

I will be requesting an update on this little lady  :) so thankful to Woodgreen! ;D
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Cant Believe I Stumbled Accross This on a Free Ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »
Just seeing this now and so happy this girl got taken in - well done :-)
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
Yes well done to you, and Woodgreen, for someone to know their cat is in need of treatment and do nothing (apart from trying to 'rehome' her is unforgivable.....

Glad the poor kitty is getting help  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 22:05:10 PM »
Well done FC on all your hard work.  So pleased Woodgreen have stepped in to help ... I hope the "owners" appreciate it.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 15:13:38 PM »
So pleased there is a happy ending to this and that Wood Green were able to help, good on you for your efforts FC  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 00:04:50 AM »
Its very hard FC with your own and you dont see the physical decline cos you are  seeing them every day. I look back at pictures of Kocka and I dont remember her looking so bad. So sad  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 22:49:27 PM »
Its hard to know what to say :( people are just ...wrong....
so glad that help has been found...i hope her life pans out better now :hug:
it seems to just be one story after another, you think that you cant hear worse..this just seemed particulary cold though. i could understand if it was a heartfelt guilt ridden ..i cant afford the cost of treatment etc but such a coldly written advert sends shivers up your spine.
i look forward to updates (fingers crossed) xx

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 22:10:34 PM »
I'm the same Gill  :hug: I cant believe how off hand some people are about their animals, especially when they want rid. I couldnt rest knowing any of mine needed treatment  :-[

You know my Tazi has been gone nearly a year and apart from him going deaf not a few months before he died he was doing good for an elderly fella. He had a full check at the vets about his deafness and dental check and as apart from a teeth clean the vet felt that he was best left alone as he wasnt a good candidate for anaesthetic. Yet he went off to die. I am racked with guilt thinking I could of done more and I look at photos taken the week he died and could see he was more bedraggled and looked so so old and why didnt i see it? why didnt i know he was ill? was it this or that? :'(  it will always haunt me :'( so people like this make me sick to the stomach that they can know and not do anything and then wait until the poor thing is infected and suffering and then cast them aside like a used tissue :'(  :-[

I'm just glad that shes now safe and will be getting the treatment she needs and hopefully soon a home where people care x
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 20:49:05 PM »
Oh thank you FC that was very kind and hope that Woodgreen can get her sorted.............I just hate to see the callous attitude to ones own cat  :(

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 18:32:59 PM »
I felt sick when I saw it  >:( >:( I rang around and emailed places (due to time of night)
i received a reply from CP who told me they thought this woman had approached them that day to rehome her and I was over the moon, until I realised they had just presumed it was the same person so did not followed it up  :'( :doh: ......
Because....... yesterday I received a 2 replies from Woodgreen Animal Shelter who firstly told me that a member of staff was in the process of ringing the contact number to offer the owner help. The 2nd one was to inform me that the cat was arriving that day for treatment and rehoming  ;D ;D ;D ;D I nearly cried with joy!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
It was this that made me realise that CP cant have properly checked it was the same person in the ad as the person who had approached them. I felt very disappointed then as I would have abandoned my efforts thinking she was safe and all along it was someone else  :-[ :-[

Anyway - Thank you Woodgreen!!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
I wasnt going to give up on her and was prepared to actually go and get her myself - even if i got her vet treatment and given a temporary foster place with me, just to bide her the time she didnt have there!

It sad - like you said Jezebel & Gill, advertised like a little banger but like a car you cant claim on your insurance for any other car than the one registered..... Its scarey to think these people are probably breeding  :-: :-: :-:

But I wish this little girl all the very best in finding a forever home and people who truely appreciate her  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:33:43 AM »
Its amazing ads like this are allowed  >:(

Let us know if you find out if anything happens to the poor mite  :'(
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:40:51 AM »
This poor cat has been advertised in exactly the same way as a second hand car which needs attention.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:08:35 AM »
I despair  :( :( :( :(
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 00:43:37 AM »
Can only hope that a genuine cat lover in the area sees the ad and feels the same as you funkiechicken  :hug: Might be worth alerting her plight to the animal lifeline forum as they seem to work miracles in finding rescue spaces and transport runs for urgent cases.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 23:50:58 PM »
How do they think insurance works, the complete and utter  :censored: prats

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 20:13:47 PM »
Sorry Admins!!! I Posted the Link - but have now removed it as per rules on inadvertantly advertising sites that sell animals - here is a copy of the ad

FREE TO GOOD HOME, black & white cat, Female, 8+ years,... Peterborough £1

Back to search results Category: Pets
Section: British Shorthair
Posted: Tuesday 25th September
Views: 23
£1 Description
FREE TO GOOD HOME, black & white cat, Female, 8+ years, black & white, This cat is in need of some medical attention, rotten teeth need removing, causing infection. Otherwise very affectionate cat, NEUTERED. Aged 10 years. I am moving home and if I cannot rehome her she will have to be put down. Any cat lovers out there with pet insurance willing to take her on ?, £1.00, Peterborough, 07043518616.

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
Cant Believe I Stumbled Accross This on a Free Ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 19:06:36 PM »
Sooo, I'm randomly scouring the internet and come accross this!!

<Link Removed - See Above Post>

:'( :'( :'( :'(
I was so upset that not only are these people so off hand about the whole desparate situation they still tried to make it sound like an exciting offer, but that this poor girl is in need of urgent medical attention and that hey-ho if no one will take her they'll casually put her to sleep!!!!!!!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

After discovering this late last night I have been in contact with several rescues, cats protection and reported it as an urgent welfare issue with the RSPCA (I was advised by a rescue that as the ad said this girl needed medical attention that it was an RSPCA Case and they couldnt really help) I do not live in Peterborough or even anywhere near it or I would have gone and collected this cat myself  :'(

I have felt like a lunatic. I also worry that as it is not the owners contact number (see the Contact Seller Box top right of the page) that if the owner is made aware there are welfare concerns and that she may be prosecuted (even if she wont be) that she can just disappear into the unknown  :'( :'(

I did not know whether to put her in the urgent rescues section as I dont know if, like that rescue said, it is a RSPCA case. I just think her quick removal is needed  :'(

So heres my vent at the damn internet and the  :censored: throw away society that makes people like that just be so blasaie about there pets life and wellbeing  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
and if anyone out there is able to help - brilliant  ;D
If not I will just keep on at the RSPCA about the her  :) :) :) and push comes to shove i'll be taking a drive to Peterborough this weekend......
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 20:09:54 PM by funkiechicken, Reason: Removed Link »

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Link to CatChat