Author Topic: aloha from hawaii!  (Read 2149 times)

Offline meowneko

• Kitten
Re: aloha from hawaii!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 22:30:14 PM »
hey...funny thing, my cats just love the smell of bleach!  they roll around on things that have been washed with bleach as if it were catnip!  when we clean the bathroom and spray the shower with bleach, 3 of them come running and start rolling around on the rug and meowing like kittens!   :Crazy:  the smell of bleach makes them silly.

what is Simple Solution?  I don't know if it's available in the US let alone Hawaii.

thanks for the suggestions!   :thanks:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 06:58:48 AM »
Yep definately stop using bleach to wash comfortors etc......the cat will think that another cat has peed on his/her things  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 00:21:56 AM »
For washing stuff that he's peed on, most peeps reckon washing in biological washing powder should do the trick, on carpets etc wash, and then use Simple Solution.  Bleach will only encourage him more, there's something in it that will attract him to the same spot.  I've not read the whole thread but has he been checked for infection by the vet?  As Lynn has already mentioned, stress can also cause them to spray.......I hope you manage to get him sorted and nappies, a definite no no.

Offline meowneko

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 23:56:20 PM »
hey lynn...

the bleach is for washing all the comforters and pillows and blankets that's he's pee'd on.  i don't use bleach to clean the walls, floors or carpets.  i've just been mopping it up with a paper towel then spraying the nature's miracle.  i may try the rubbing alcohol next.  the feliway didn't do anything.  i sprayed the feliway on the bed, but it has a funny chemicallly oliy smell.

also tried cleaning with baking soda and club soda (for the bubbly action) that took too long to do and now the carpet is discolored from the solution i left on to dry.

still trying.... :-[

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 09:52:14 AM »
hi i replied to your post on another thread a wee bit but to say again not to use bleach based products when cleaning the areas, this will only attract him to wee there again.

have they got their own litter trays or do they have to share ?? some cats dont like to share.

Cats definately can have these problems when stressed or feel overcrowded so it could be possible that this is what his problem is.

search online to see if you can buy products such as simple solution for cleaning the area and also feliway spray which i'd highly recommend for spraying where he piddles and also i'd get a few of the feliway diffusers going in your house aswell which might help his stress levels greatly.  I dont know if you'll get these products but most things are quite accessable over the world these days with the internet so hopefully you'll find them.

ps it is 9.50am on wednesday morning here LOL

Offline meowneko

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 08:26:37 AM »
hi lynn...well it's 9:22 tuesday night here in hawaii, i guess the majority of you are in the UK (duh!!!)  anyway christine had helped me out when i first signed on and i posted...uh...i forgot.  it was some time ago.  anyway i just think my cat has some psychological problem, but i just don't know how to help him.  he started a year ago when i brought home a new kitten (another male), then my husband left me soon after that (i was miserable and crying all the time), then just recently my new boyfriend and his 16 year old son moved in with me.  my new housemates LOVE the kitties (5 total) and the kitties love them back, but i can't get my "pee boy" to stop peeing everywhere!

sorry...i still don't quite know how to use this site!  it's a little all too complicated for me...

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 08:11:57 AM »
Hiya.

People only in chat around 9pm at night.

Sounds like the nappies are actually preventing him doing the toilet which i think could cause you even more problems and be a hazzard to his health if he's holding it in till you take it off.

Sorry i cant remember what the original problem was but i am sure making him wear something will only exacerbate the problem tbh.

Refresh us of the situation and we'll see if we can suggest anything further for you .

Offline meowneko

• Kitten
aloha from hawaii!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 07:49:53 AM »
hi all!  haven't been here for awhile...computer was broken.  i'm the one with the peeing cat problem.  i finally relentedn and put diapers on my "pee boy" but he won't spray with the diapers on!  as soon as you take 'em off, he'll go and poop, then start spraying again!  don't know what to do anymore.  anyway...why is nobody in the chat room?  ever?!  :P

Link to CatChat