Author Topic: covcats -one of two pregnant strays (well this one isnt anymore)  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: covcats -one of two pregnant strays (well this one isnt anymore)
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 15:59:35 PM »
What little cuties  :Luv2: That last one on his own seems to be getting all the pies  :evillaugh:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 11:07:29 AM »
not to be outdone. Candy's babies now 5 weeks old.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
covcats -one of two pregnant strays (well this one isnt anymore)
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 00:17:00 AM »
What little cuties :Luv: Hope Mum and babies are doing well :care:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 17:49:07 PM »
And Snowflake this morning!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 17:51:13 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:49:27 AM »
full before its built! ain't that just the way!  :(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 01:27:29 AM »
that sanctuary will never be big enough  :hug:

Offline madasacatter

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 00:52:58 AM »
Not as far as we know, but we are told there are two other teenagers that need checking/neutering and perhaps homing.  They seem to have come from a nearby property who may well have had its occupants move on.  In any case at one point, an employee of a large animal welfare organisation was aware of the household. :(

We will try our best to sort this out so far, and then concentrate on the remaining cats.  :-:

Coventry Cat Group

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 23:21:54 PM »
At least she's safe and warm now  :) Hope she and her babies go on to thrive :hug: Did I read that right that there is a third pregnant Mum cat still missing, or is that Snowflake?

Offline madasacatter

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 22:37:53 PM »
I rang this morning to ask the 82 year old carer how things were going with the lady in waiting, as well as the one who has up until this morning, not been seen for her regular meals provided by the lady for a couple of days.

When I spoke with her this lunchtime, the lady thought she may be in labour as she was very quiet and wouldn't eat.  So I said I would go over.  But what would we do if she was as running scared as she was the last time I went over to assess the situation?  So I 'phoned Nicky asking for her assistance, popped over to collect her and off we went.  We were faced by a road closed sign, but we ignored that - we could be midwives or something!

Nicky went outside and thought she could see at least two kittens, but as the home made cat shelter had quite an overhang, she could not be sure.  Nicky provided a dog crate to house the Mum and possible kittens in if we could get her in the house.  We had a plan that we would block the small entrance, and Cynthia did a great job of keeping it blocked whilst Nicky and I carried the cat house into the kitchen.  Luckily it all came to plan, and no real problems.  Mum was scared and stood by the back door (closed), and once we had scooped her kittens up with some clean paper towel into a box lined with fleece and towels, I grabbed Mum and put her in with her babies.  Then we put them all in the large bathroom, where she met her pal from no doubt the same property down the road.

The kittens felt warm and were calm and quiet, she must have fed them well.  There were no signs of any of them looking premature.  We hope that all 5 survive and do well.  By the colours, Nicky thinks at least 3 are girls?  So the once seemingly feral cat has calmed down from the very nervous Mum to be I saw nearly two weeks ago.  I was convinced she would need trapping.  Phew!

We are hoping that Cat Action Trust will step in to lend a hand, as we are stuffed and so are Cats Protection.  It is not fair for the lady with some disabilities and without age on her side to have to cope with two Mums with litters in a few days time or less. 
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 22:22:17 PM »
Snowflake - mum in waiting...

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
covcats -one of two pregnant strays (well this one isnt anymore)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 22:18:25 PM »
Hopefully judith will be on to tell the tale but this one gave birth this morning and Judith and Nicky have managed to get them in a pen. Think theres another one as well.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 22:19:15 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Link to CatChat