Author Topic: For those who read The Argus Appeal dated 15/08/12  (Read 3514 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: For those who read The Argus Appeal dated 15/08/12
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 12:15:35 PM »
It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. Ron, this has been a blessing in disguise. 14 eh? Fantastic news  ;D

I hope the clarification brings even more people forward.  :)

Like they say, any publicity is good publicity, even if it's wrong.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »
Well hopefully they will correct the error in the next edition and that will lead to more cats finding wonderful new homes.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 16:14:44 PM »
I know it's not factually correct but at least the headline makes people realise how tough things are for you and other rescues up and down the country at the moment  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 15:39:21 PM »
ron that is terrible, i hope they have a correction in next weeks paper

hope the publicity does have some good benefits for you

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
For those who read The Argus Appeal dated 15/08/12
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 15:28:57 PM »
We had a reporter and photographer come up last week to do an article on the rescue which was placed in the Argus issue dated 15/8/12.

It was arranged by our fundraising manager so we didnt have much input to the finished article.

We were surprised by the headline 'Brighton animal shelter may be forced to put down healthy lost cats' and have contacted the paper about it.

As you know we have a very strict policy which will never change and that is we would NEVER put a healthy cat to sleep!!

The headline although shocking and incorrect, has had a positive response and we have homed 14 cats just this week and more being homed as we write this post.

The paper wanted to help us as we have been inundated with cats being left in boxes on our doorstep, it's been really good as we have rehomed some of our longer staying cats that have been with us over a year.

For those of you who know us we would never mislead the public intentionally, we cant alter the headline that was published but we can clarify it was incorrect but has had a positive outcome for us.

But we still had two more kitties come into us this morning

Ron

Link to CatChat