Author Topic: frontline or similar  (Read 9229 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: frontline or similar
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 19:56:36 PM »
How odd.  I was sure it was Effipro  :-:  It was a while ago  :shify: 

Aha; just googled and I ain't alone.  They say it goes after 24 to 48 hours and can be brushed off but it lasted much longer with Billy coz he knew I wanted to brush it off  :innocent:

Am wondering if they have changed the formula recently if you are not getting that residue Sheila.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 19:05:44 PM »
I've not tried Effipro but had similar white residue from Fipronil/Fiprospot.  Really shows on my lovely black furries.   Should have been ok on my white girl - but the day after I used it I notice bald red patch on her neck where I'd put it - so definately won't be using it on her again :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 14:21:25 PM »
I tried Effipro once Sheila.  Seemed effective alright but didn't like the powdery mark it left behind which stands out on blacks cats and we have 4 black uns.  Easily combed away after a day or so but Billy wouldn't play ball of course and it stayed for a week or so which I wasn't keen on.  Have you had same thing?

Actually no, I've not seen any white residue with effipro, and my "control" team are all black backed (Sly, Sam, Theo and Polly). The only product I've had residue from is wormer. Strange.  :shify:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 13:50:05 PM »
I tried Effipro once Sheila.  Seemed effective alright but didn't like the powdery mark it left behind which stands out on blacks cats and we have 4 black uns.  Easily combed away after a day or so but Billy wouldn't play ball of course and it stayed for a week or so which I wasn't keen on.  Have you had same thing?

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 12:10:23 PM »
I'm trialling Effipro against tried and trusted Advantage in my household of eight cats. So far we're two months in and the Effipro testers are flea free. I'll be using this one again.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 15:47:18 PM »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:29:08 AM »
glad I found this!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 17:18:26 PM »
Animed Direct have very good prices at the moment, plus free delivery on everything with no minimum order. On the front page of the website there's an advert for a new product by Pfizer which is an exact equivalent of Frontline with the same active ingredient - 6 pack for £13.95 and free delivery looks pretty good!

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/cats/flea-and-tick/eliminall-spot-on-flea-treatment-for-cats-pack-of-6.html

Or even cheaper a 4 pack of Effipro (same active ingredient as Frontline) for £8.70

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/cats/flea-and-tick/effipro-spot-on-cat-flea-treatment-pack-of-4.html

I've recently switched to Advantage as noticed the boys scratching more lately not long after they were Frontlined (no sign of any fleas when combing though  :shify: ) - a 4 pack is £9.20

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/cats/flea-and-tick/advantage-40-for-small-cats-small-dogs-and-pet-rabbits-under-4kg.html

P.S Contrary to how it may appear I'm not on commision to Animed Direct  :evillaugh:

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
frontline or similar
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 13:12:14 PM »
Anyone know where the best deals are for frontline or similar at the moment?  Need to stock up again.

Link to CatChat