Author Topic: adopting cat from romania  (Read 5651 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: adopting cat from romania
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 21:33:15 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline angelinajolly

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: tom, tigger,catty, felix,megs, rose, Tyd
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 21:14:50 PM »
 :thanks: Sheila rose I really thought i'd have her why do us people have to have different belief systems I don't think any of us are wrong or right it's just the way we think! Daniela thought keeping a cat indoors would be safest I on the other hand want all my kitties safe but also want them to have a natural life. It was the hardest decision i ever made to let Angelina Jolly out knowing she only had 3 legs but i brought my girl up the same as the others she didn't think she had a disability. 8 years i worried about her going out & thinking of her being crippled with athritis because of the strain on the other back leg her little spine was curved but in the end it was cancer that killed her so 8 years i worried for nothing! God i'm really really feeling sorry for myself :Crazy:  :thanks:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 18:43:32 PM »
Aww I'm so sorry this has left you emotionally bruised, AJ  :care:

Maybe this failed adoption was for a reason, something is probably just around the corner that will make you realise why it didn't happen, and it will be bigger, better and possibly furrier  ;) :hug: :hug: Karma, AJ, Karma  :)

Offline angelinajolly

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 14:44:28 PM »
Thanks for your help, but things have fallen through all my cat's are allowed out if they want as long as all are in before i go to bed, i'm here at home 24 hrs a day every day , but the other side is insistent the little cat is kept in for safety & it wouldn't be fair for her to watch all the other's go out.  I wasn't even looking for a cat definately wasn't sticking to my golden rule of only taking what turn's up! But i made the mistake of looking through all her pics from when she was a tiny little kittie to when she was a year old & i fell in love & she was a little tortie, seemed totally different nature to my Angelina Jolly. I won't pretend i'm not gutted, & to make it worse i actually managed to raise most of the money needed for transport but have promised to donate towards future owner's transport cost's. I've locked myself away licking my wounds at moment but look on the bright side & i do have wonderful cat's of my own! :thanks:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 18:07:11 PM »
Don't know anything about it I'm afraid but was wondering, is there a particular cat you have in mind?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 18:08:02 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 16:02:20 PM »
DEFRA on quarantine relaxation

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/pet-owners/#a

The preparation, logistics and expense are quite considerable, not to mention the trauma a cat would potentially encounter coming over un-accompanied. There's a thousand things can go wrong if you're not there to oversee the process personally.

To be perfectly honest, and forgive me sticking my nose in here, but I'd adopt here in the UK as we have way too many cats and kittens already.

Offline angelinajolly

• Senior Cat
adopting cat from romania
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 08:59:02 AM »
Does anyone know anything about bringing a cat into this country I would like to adopt a cat from Romania, apparently their is no quarantine now, i'm waiting for someone to come back to me from pet transport service with a quote, but would then need to get cat from heathrow or gatwick to wales, any info would be helpful :thanks:

Link to CatChat