Author Topic: Royal Canin sensitive  (Read 2208 times)

Offline mollycat

• Adult Cat
Re: Royal Canin sensitive
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 18:45:00 PM »
Thanks everyone  :thanks:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 13:48:55 PM »
Ditto Cazzer.  RC Sensitivity wet puches are the only thing that seems to work for my Biggles nd I also buty from Medicanimal.  As you say, often some good offers on in addition to the 10% of second box.  Delivery is free too.  I thgink my last order worked out at about £4.70 a box of 12 pouches which compares with things like Whiskas Simply (when not on offer) and is a heck of a lot cheaper thatn the £11.25 the vets were charging.  That said, I did have to spend quite a lot (forgotten how much) to get that deal and I appreciate that its not always possible to make such an outlay all at once.

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »
My Karlo has IBD and anything else sets off his tum with dire results.       I buy it from medicanimal as i find they are cheapest and often have money off codes [as well as buy 1 box get 10% off 2nd].    Also with medicnaimal if you refer anyone who then places an order you get given £5.       If you go via a site like quidco or topcash back you will also get another 5% off.     
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:35:06 PM »
I was in the same boat as you a year or so back, I managed to wean Riley back onto normal food and *touch wood* he's been fine but the best sensitive food I found as an alternative to the RC sensitivity was Kattovit sensitive (from Zooplus). It's a pate rather than chunks like RC but both my boys eat it very enthusiastically. I always keep some in the cat food cupboard now in case of dodgy tummies!

The 85g tins work out to 58p each when you buy them in the 12 pack. If he likes it then you can get the bigger 175g tins (two portions) which works out to 83p per 175g tin, equivalent to 40p per 85g tin.

12 pack of 85g tins: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/kattovit/158608

24 pack of 175g tins: http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/kattovit/61651

Offline mollycat

• Adult Cat
Royal Canin sensitive
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:38:44 AM »
Hi all
Despite trying many better alternatives, Bert would only eat Whiskas or Felix. However after a recent bout of the runs, the vet said that this probably wasn't suiting him with his nervy disposition. Along with antibiotics and worming check etc, the vet recommended he go on Royal Canin sensitive. Bert loves it and no more runs, however he is eating 3 pouches a day (and is still a skinny thing), so it's costing a fair bit. I've tried James Wellbeloved sensitive as it's a bit cheaper but he doesn't like it.
Does anyone know of any other good alternatives? I know I can order in bulk online and if this is the only option then I'll do this. It has to be wet food as he has no teeth.
Thanks  :shy:

Link to CatChat