Author Topic: What Is Cat Mojo?  (Read 16186 times)

Offline flexygist

• Kitten
    • Naija MP3 Download
  • Slave to: Simi
Re: What Is Cat Mojo?
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2019, 09:48:27 AM »
It’s a nice forum Blog here. Like it.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:50 AM »
Yes, it's a cracking little book.  :)

Let's hear it for Cat Mojo.   :briggin: 

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 20:49:47 PM »
Yes, I asked for - and got - this for Christmas 2015, it's very good   ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 20:07:17 PM »
Has anyone read The Silent Miaow? I can't remember who wrote it but it is a mother cat typing a guide for kittens, very amusing and awfully true on how to train  your human.

I think all of our cats on here have read it and have us very well trained  :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline A Cat Called Dog

• Kitten
  • Jem Vanston, Author of 'A Cat Called Dog'
  • Slave to: Honey and Bumble
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »
There are some really useful books about cat behaviour - Bruce Fogle - a qualified vet - has written many,  If Your Cat Could Talk, The Cat's Mind, etc.

There is also a great new one Cat Sense: The Feline Enigma Revealed by Dr John Bradshaw, an academic at a top UK university, who recently was on a BBC TV Horizon programme.

Personally, I get tired on TV, and never trust the presenters (maybe because I used to work in the medium and know how things work!)
After all, how qualified are the presenters on TV who tell people how to live and dispense advice like ancient oracles?
And even if these people call themselves doctors, are they 'real' doctors at all anyway, or have they just bought a certificate ('stiffy-cat!) from some fake university? There have been some bad cases of that in the UK.

For a more light-hearted approach, there are some fiction books that reveal cat behaviour - and movies too (watch Figaro in Disney's Pinocchio!). I tried to get under the fur of cats in my own funny novel A Cat Called Dog - though I took a lot of poetic licence too (after all, I wrote a novel not an academic paper!)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
Now to me, Mojo is what Smidgen employs to relocated other cats, dogs and myself from the comfy spot just by the fire ... :-:

Offline cat~mad

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Gorgeous George and Suzi Pusscat
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »
Neil and I WORSHIP this guy!!!!!  :Luv2:   

We are going to redecorate in the next few weeks and putting some shelves up everywhere so George & Suzi can get up high  ;D   So far Neil has already put three varying-heights shelves up across our south-facing window and they both love these  ;D    As far as we are concerned this is the cats' home and we are priviliged that THEY let us humans live with them  :hug: 

Didn't realise Jackson had a book.....off to google it now  ;D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 12:27:06 PM by cat~mad »
Gilly!

Offline Beth82

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Honey & Aurora
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 07:40:32 AM »
His program is fantastic, alot of basic info for new cat owners that long term cat owners should already know but always handy to see.  The cat shelves are fab, I never thought about this tbh but now as I have kids, it seems like the perfect idea and I am currently waiting for my lovely dad to pop over and put some shelves up for me.  I've not told him what they are for though, he wouldn't do it otherwise  :rofl:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 15:14:35 PM »
What a dude!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 01:46:36 AM »
I love this man!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I recently won a signed copy of his book woohoooo!!  ;D ;D
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
What Is Cat Mojo?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 14:11:26 PM »
Jackson Galaxy -- The Cat Daddy -- of Animal Planet's "My Cat From Hell" explains what he means when he says "Cat Mojo."

It's all about understanding your cat's natural instincts and a better understanding will help solve behaviour issues! :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ItEsRKSagn4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ItEsRKSagn4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0</a>

Link to CatChat