Author Topic: Lost Ginger cat, Rupert. NOW FOUND BUT VERY POORLY :(  (Read 6979 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Lost Ginger cat, Rupert. NOW FOUND BUT VERY POORLY :(
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 13:29:24 PM »
So glad that Rupert was found, how is he now James? I hope he's recovered  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 19:56:04 PM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Rupert  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 16:32:23 PM »
Sending lots of get well vibes for Rupert   :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 07:29:01 AM »

Sending every positive thought for Rupert.   :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 19:00:09 PM »
Poor boy, have everything crossed for him  :hug:

Offline cagsjames

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Rupert
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 15:50:44 PM »
Rupert has been found - the flyers worked.

However, he is very poorly. Massively dehydrated, refusing food, lethargic. Also blood test showed liver abnormalities which need to be sent to lab.

So worried he will not make it :(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Lost Ginger cat, Rupert. New Mills- High Peak, Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »
Just want to send every possible good wish that Rupert is found safe and sound very soon

My sentiments too, Keeping everything crossed that Little Rupert is back home very soon  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Lost Ginger cat, Rupert. New Mills- High Peak, Derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 22:45:34 PM »
Just want to send every possible good wish that Rupert is found safe and sound very soon  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Lost Ginger cat, Rupert. New Mills- High Peak, Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 20:46:22 PM »
Sorry to have to welcome you to Purrs at such a worrying time, I know how desperately worried you must be about him but it really is very early days yet :hug:

What was the weather like when he went missing? If it was fine and dry then there will have been lots of sheds/garages open so I would think the most logical explanation for his disappearance is that he has got stuck in a shed or garage somewhere, I know you said you have asked neighbours to check but the best thing is to get them to do it while you wait otherwise they might forget/not bother plus if he's scared he's more likely to show himself if you're there.

There's lots more hints/tips to work through here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Hope you have some good news soon :hug:

Offline cagsjames

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Rupert
Lost Ginger cat, Rupert. NOW FOUND BUT VERY POORLY :(
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:49:23 AM »
Hi all

Our beloved little cat Rupert has been missing since Friday afternoon. He is a one year old ginger tom. He is quite skinny, short ginger fur with a white chin. He has a red collar with silver paw prints on it but no name tag. He is neutered and microchipped.

It is completely out of character for him. Although he loves the outdoors, he always returns around 6pm for his tea then goes upstairs and gets on the bed to sleep and cuddle. He is always in and out of the house during the day and we keep him in at night and he has fallen in perfectly with our work routine!

We are absolutely distraught at the moment as he has never been out all night and now he has been gone all weekend. We have been round all the houses on our street and neighbouring streets but nobody has seen him. We also went out straight away on Friday evening searching all the roads and verges but did not find him. In short, there is absolutely no sign of him. We have sent out posters and flyers asking neighbours to check their sheds but we have not heard anything. We have patrolled the streets numerous times, calling him and shaking the biscuits.

It is even more unusual because we were off work on Friday and were in the garden. Normally when we are in the garden he does not go far at all as he likes to be around us. He disappeared off, which is normal, but sadly on this occasion didnt come back.

There are fields at the back of our house where we think he goes to catch mice but he always comes home. He does have to cross a fairly busy road to get there but as I said- we checked the roads carefully in the hours after he went missing.

He is a very very nosy and curious little cat so its conceivable he has got stuck somewhere but short of insisting on searching neighbours properties, I dont see what else we can do. We have not heard him call back to us or cry out.

We miss him so much and would do anything to have him home. We are just in tears all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is so out of character that I cannot help think something awful has happened. I know that if he was able to get home, he would have come home.

Where on earth can he be?
James
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 15:49:00 PM by cagsjames »

Link to CatChat