Author Topic: Millie 4 year Old Female House Cat - Leeds (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 3510 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Millie 4 year Old Female House Cat - Leeds
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 21:17:13 PM »
Oh dear you do have a quandary. Millie sounds a bit like my Sam, he has aggression issues that led me to adopt him from his previous owners, as he had started to attack, turned out to be a food allergy (intolerance actually) to grain and cereal.

If I gave Sam what Millie is eating, he would attack everything in view, so may I suggest a change of diet for Millie to grain free food before she destroys everyone's confidence? You may be surprised. Chuck the Whiskas and try Applaws or James Wellbeloved dry foods, see if there's a change in the next couple of weeks (it usually takes Sammy a few days for the carbs to leave his system) but once it has he's my loving puddy again.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »
I'd ring back, a lot of rescues are run by people who do it in spare time so have jobs, familes etc and so obviously things do slip - don't be put off by peoples attitude, you know if it is the right thing to do

Offline Julez

• Kitten
  • Slave to: millie & molly
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:56:21 AM »
I did ring a list that I was given, some never answered, some I left messages for and was never returned and one I was spoken down to which made me feel like I was doing the wrong thing. Got advice from vets, spent a fortune on calming sprays etc. And it just so happens that she attacked her again this morning. Its strange because she can go months of being best friends with my other cat, and like this morning out of the blue she jumped off my knee with her fur on end and attacked her.
Im wondering if it is harder to re-home her because she is a house cat that needs to go where there are no other cats or small children. If she was on her own she would be a complete loving lap cat.

Thanks
Jules

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
Did you get in touch with rescues and ask to go on a waiting list? there should have been a place by now, or a home found through direct rehoming.
Best of luck.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Julez

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 08:03:13 AM »
Still no luck with re-homing but she does need to go asap if their is anyone willing to take her.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:51:02 AM »
Any news please?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 22:47:15 PM »
Hi Julez the best thing to do would be to contact rescues in your area so that proper checks are done and the most suitable home is found for  Millie.  Here is a list:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/yorksw.html

If rescues are full ask to go on a waiting list or for a direct rehoming so you keep Millie and they find her a home whilst she's with you that can be a better option.

Best of luck, she is lovely!

Offline Julez

• Kitten
Millie 4 year Old Female House Cat - Leeds (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »
Im desperatly trying to find a foster or a permanent home for my house cat.
Her name is Millie and she is 4 year old in August and neutured.

I advertised her back in Febuary but things settled, unfortunately it has happened again and is aggressive once more to my other house cat. The situation is exactly the same as before.

The reason that I have decided to try to find her a new home is because she has become very territorial towards my other 4 year old cat. Each time she sees her she goes to attack and now my other cat has been hiding in my bedroom for a week now.

When she is on her own she is back to been the loving lap cat that she is, she has just decided that she doesn’t like her best friend.

I feel very sad to have to come to this decision but if she can be loved by another family the way that she has then my other cat can come out of hiding and rebuild her life as an only cat.

She needs to be an only cat with no small children as she hides away.
Preferably to be kept as a house cat unless there are no main roads and someone is willing to gradually show her the outside world.

If you can help please let me know.

Im in Leeds West Yorkshire.

Name: Millie
Breed: Short haired domestic cat
Colour/pattern: White/Ginger
Sex: Female
Neutered: Yes
Up to date with vaccinations: Vet recommended not to as a house cat
When was last flea treated? 3 months
When was last Wormed? 3 months
Are they microchipped: No
Details of any health problems: n/a
Details of any behavioural problems: Has become aggressive towards my other cat.
Any toileting problems (eg. messing away from tray or spraying): No
Used to children: Only older children, hides from young children.
If so what age: Is ok with 6 upwards
How do they get on with other cats: Aggressive towards others
How do they get on with dogs: Has never seen a dog
Are they an indoor or outdoor cat: Indoor Cat
How many hours are they used to be left alone for: 6/8hrs
Diet they are on: Whiskers cat biscuits but likes a little wet food plus water
Litter used: Antibacterial clumping litter
Whereabouts are you in UK: Leeds West Yorkshire
Reason for rehoming: Has turned aggressive to my other cat, they have been together perfectly since babies but now she keeps attacking her.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:39:03 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat