Author Topic: Neighbour Cat Giving Birth in our Garden?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Neighbour Cat Giving Birth in our Garden?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »
Are you sure the cat is pregnant? My cats have very round bellies when they've eaten. Another common cause of a distended tum is roundworm.

How can you tell whether the females are spayed? If they are more than 6 months old, they would already be mums: are they? Five cats sounds like a reasonable number, and you admit that your neighbour feeds them; are you sure they're not just cats who prefer to be out in the summer?

The reason I'm saying this is that you could be my neighbour: my cats are enjoying the relative summer warmth and I rarely see them except at meal times. They're all neutered - I have 6 - sometimes have large bellies, and like to find a variety of comfy places to sleep, including home.

Is there a chance that you might be jumping to conclusions?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
I would have a quiet word with your local cats protection branch and/or other local rescues depending on how helpful you local CP is.

If it were Coventry, it would result in a visit from CP and a neutering leaflet/vouchers issued - or at worse the riot act.

If that doesn't help and the kittens are born in the shed then you may have to go a bit further.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 02:05:58 AM »
These cats really need neutering or kittens will be appearing every few months.

Sam has it right

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 22:14:22 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

If this little one is using your shed then I would put a cardboard box with some newspaper and maybe an old towel so if she does want to give birth in there she has some comfy and dry.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tatum

• Kitten
Neighbour Cat Giving Birth in our Garden?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 20:47:17 PM »
Hello all ...
I thought I might seek some advice from experienced cat people.
Our neighbour has a few cats (5 I guess) but she seems not to care at all about them except for providing them with food. They are mainly outdoors (almost 24 hours) and use our garden for playing and so on. We have noticed that none of the cats are neutered and the younger one seems to be pregnant. She carries a very round belly. She is pregnant already for a couple of weeks (min a month).
Currently she frequently visits our garden shed and I am worried now that she might use it to give birth to her kittens. We cannot close the door as it is broken.
Is it possible that she will use this place to give birth and if yes, should I put some newspaper or other things in a corner for her?  :scared:
I am a bit worried about her state.

Thanks for your help  :)

Link to CatChat