Author Topic: Nights of games  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Nights of games
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
Ah... night games - I remember them well!  It took Mosi 6 years to work out that it wasn't a bad idea to do a bit of sleeping at night!

Best thing is to ignore them, difficult though it is, so that they don't receive any reward for their behaviour and eventually get bored.  I don't have any other suggestions I'm afraid as I found nothing really worked with Mosi as he just wanted to run around all the time, even if he had play sessions in the evening.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 19:52:41 PM »
you could try playing games in the day with them.....mine play chasing all night too..then ask for early morning food..then play again. afraid its cats behaviour :shy:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »
I think you have been lucky to have so many peaceful nights til now! cats are nocturnal animals and my 2 have just turned 2 and still have crazy moments running around after each other  :Crazy:  always at night too.

I don't think feliway would do anything as its just their natural behaviour... I feel you might have review your sleeping arrangements if it is stopping you from sleeping.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 23:53:08 PM »
My nearly 2 yr old boy starts playing as I go to bed which is very late, about 0200-0300 and he becomes a real monster and has the run of the house.

I find playing with him makes him more hyper!

It comes right out of the blue and he annoys the other cats who are trying to sleep.

It may be thats its hotter at your end but not at this end as the house is fairly hot all the time

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 18:26:40 PM »
My cats are pretty lively at night and quite often wake me up running around at full speed. We haven't had much hot weather here this year but earlier on when we had a bit of a heat wave they lay around sleeping all day and then ran around playing all night. It's very annoying as I have to get up early with my work and they kept me awake.
So yes I would think it's because of the weather. Also when it gets lighter in the mornings they are up playing really early. 

Maybe you could try playing with them before you go to bed. Something like da bird from the purrs shop is really good as they use up a lot of energy playing with it. 

Offline Lily-

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Joy & Oliver Twist
Nights of games
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 13:28:19 PM »
Hi ^^
I'd like to know your opinion about something that is happenin to my two cats in the last nights.
During the night, they have to stay in my room cos the flat isnt big and my dog has epilepsy so in case of a crisis it's surely easier for my mother to manage it without the cats running around.
This has never been a problem for them, they are now both more than 1 year old (both male and neutered), they learnt it since they were kittens. They obviously have always water avaible, some dry food, they can go to their toilet and have some toys to play with.

Generally, once in room, one of them goes immediately to sleep, while the other one plays a little, eats a bit and after goes to sleep too.
Since 3-4 days though they are both not so relaxed: they go to sleep and after a couple of hours one of them wakes up and starts moving around till when the other wakes up too and there... the game starts  :( they run one after the other for hours, jump everywhere and so on.

As nothing at all changed in the room or in their food etc, I dont really understand what it could be due to. The only idea could be the it's warmer, but I dont really know if it can be the reason for their behaviour (during all the rest of the day they are like always).

Do you have any idea/suggestion?

I read something about the feliway, but as I never tried it before,  I am not sure it can be useful, as they dont have an "aggressive" behaviour... do you think it could help?

Thanks everyone and how always... I hope I didnt make huge mistakes with the language  :shy:

I miss you babe ♥

Link to CatChat