Author Topic: URGENT pregnant stray cat in Derbyshire (Now safe in rescue)  (Read 3969 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: URGENT pregnant stray cat in Derbyshire (Now safe in rescue)
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 10:44:11 AM »
I missed this! Wow, a rescue space was found quickly - that's great. :) What's the rescue called?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: URGENT pregnant stray cat in Derbyshire (Now safe in rescue)
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »
Great news! I'll move this to sorted now  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: URGENT pregnant stray cat in Derbyshire
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 23:54:54 PM »
Wonderful news and thank you for taking the time to help her  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 18:39:13 PM »
Very pleased to hear this and good on you for looking out for her despite not being a 'cat person'  :hug:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 18:14:39 PM »
Wow, that's really good news. So glad to hear you've managed to find her a place.

Offline Clematis

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 18:01:40 PM »
I would like to thank everyone for their help and I am pleased to say that the cat is now in the very safe hands of a lovely lady called Debbie at her cat rescue shelter. 

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 12:32:29 PM »
Have you managed to contact the previous tenants at all?
It does seem she is very at home at your house which makes me suspect she has either ran away from her new home or was left when they moved.
Do you have a shed?
If you do you could maybe put a litter tray in there along with a bed (old blankets?) and food and water. the poor girl is probably desperate to find a nesting place to have the kittens :-[

Im a bit dissapointed with your vet tbh, ours took in a stray kitten i found and adopted it . its luck of the draw i guess.
i know you were upset about her pooing in the bath but maybe a litter tray would solve that? its a shame as she needs help so much bless her but rescues at this time of year are just full all the time.
who ever had her before should have had her neutered >:(

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »
Poor little thing,i wonder if some one dumped her,or is just lost? Hope you find some where so she can have her kittens in peace.

Offline Clematis

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »
Thank you will join on there and see if anyone can help.

I have been putting food out for her. Didn't know what so just got some cat biscuits, we raw feed our dogs so I have been giving her the odd bit of that too. I couldn't just let her starve.

The dogs have gotten used to her now. I am assuming she must have lived with dogs as she isn't bothered by them. If they get too rough with her she clobbers them!! I did try leaving her in the kitchen during the bad weather we had the other week but she opened the door and came into the house and pooed in the bath! So keeping her like that just isn't an option but I feel so sorry for her.

Maybe I am being naive buyt I assumed if a cat needed help then they would be taken in by a rescue easily but I have found that this is not the case. It is very sad.

How long are cats pregnant for? Only I am getting in such a panic that I will be landed with kittens and then I will be in real trouble!! She didn't see a vet when we took her in, she was scanned by a nurse who thought she was pregnant, they wanted to charge us £30 for a vet to see her and confirm if she was!!! But she has been hanging around our house since we moved in and it is only this past 2 weeks or so that she has started looking a bit fatter than normal.

I will try and take a photo of her as she is a really pretty little thing. I have children who would love to keep her, but we just can't as I have a small baby and enough on my plate as it is with the dogs, and like I said I am not a cat person.

Thank you all for your help, I am so glad I stumbled across this forum on my googe searching yesterday.

I will admit I am not a cat person at all

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 23:42:13 PM »
Hi and welccome,

Poor puss, she's obviously looking for food and comfort from you.  Presumably you've asked round the neighbourhood whether she belongs to anyone?  It may be worthwhile following the Found cat advice in the lost and found section we have here and posting in there, and try a paper collar to see if anyone claims her.  But it may just be that she's a stray or just dumped.  I'd try all the rescues listed on Cat Chat, even post there on the forum in Lost and Found section.  If rescues are all full (which is likely as it's kitten season) you ought to get her on a waiting list, obviously if she's pregnant some rescues may prioritise her, hopefully but it's odd the vet didn't notice that, or ask for a direct homing where they source the home but you care for her just until then.  It would be kind if you could provide her some food until then though.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 23:44:30 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 21:34:54 PM »
She must be a plucky little thing if she is running the gauntlet with five dogs trying to get into your house!

There might be some local rescues that you haven't contacted on this link http://www.catchat.org/adoption/derbys.html

Also, f RACR are full then it might be worth posting on Animal Lifeline forum, they seem to work miracles in finding rescue spaces and organising transport runs.

http://www.animallifelineuk.org/forum/forum.php

Offline Clematis

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 21:21:44 PM »
I didn't know she was pregnant at the time, else I wouldn't have done it! But I thought cats didn't like water so thought it might make her stay away.

Thank you for the Racr info, I will get in touch via facebook if it will help her get a new home.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 21:00:47 PM »
Well, I wouldn't throw water all over her to start with , not marvellous if she is pregnant ,I am sure if you were pregnant you wouldn't appreciate someone throwing water all over you .

Have you tried Racr rescue in Nottingham ? If you have facebook she is on there and on Facebook a lot.
I don't know the phone number, but fairly certain she will be able to help.
Also try  07813 368242 it's a pedigree rescue but works with Racr .

Offline Clematis

• Kitten
URGENT pregnant stray cat in Derbyshire (Now safe in rescue)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 20:51:47 PM »
Hi

I have joined this forum as we are in desperate need of help. We have recently moved into a new house and it seems we have been adopted by a cat! She dashes in the house as soon as a door or window is open, which is making us think perhaps she lived here with the previous tenants? Anyway this is causing major problems as we have 5 dogs so we would like to be able to leave the door open for them but we can't. We have tried shooing her and even threw water over her but nothing will make her leave us alone. We don't want a cat but don't know what to do to get rid of her!

I am no cat expert at all, never had one, but she looks to me like she may be pregnant. She urgently needs a home as she cannot stay here. I have rung as many cat rescues as I could find and no one will help her. I even took her to my vets but because she wasn't injured they wouldn't take her, they did scan her and she isn't chipped.

I just don't know what to do, I am at my wits end. I cannot bear to see any harm come to her but on the other hand she is not mine and not my responsibility.

Please is there anyone who can help? She is a very friendly pretty little thing and I am sure someone must want her?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:28:48 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat