Author Topic: what is it?  (Read 2984 times)

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
Re: what is it?
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:37:58 AM »
 :rofl: gill

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 23:12:50 PM »
its sleep apparently, and the vet laughed at me  >:(   According to my vet this is just what the colour of it is in some cats, but after reading ur post funkie i think ile get second opinion.
Ha twix hasn't been to vet enough to assosiate the wrd with the place yet though im sure he's slowly catching on ...  :evillaugh:

I suspected thats what it was but I would have called it brown not red so kept me mug shut LOL

Offline paddypaws101

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Nellie, Paddy, Murphy ( Now all at the Bridge), Peggy and Mitzy and Milo, Millie and Monty, Woody and Wiggins
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 20:39:20 PM »
I believe that the discharge from a normal eye oxidises and therefore looks dark red/brown in colour. Depending on the colour of the cat this can be more, or less, noticeable.
I certainly spend a fair bit of time removing dark 'eye bogies' from my white cats. ;D

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »
its sleep apparently, and the vet laughed at me  >:(   According to my vet this is just what the colour of it is in some cats, but after reading ur post funkie i think ile get second opinion.
Ha twix hasn't been to vet enough to assosiate the wrd with the place yet though im sure he's slowly catching on ...  :evillaugh:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 01:08:24 AM »
my lad Tazi had this - but only in his right eye. It reoccurred often. I was told it was due to cold in the eye, as he did like sleeping in the garden/near windows etc. It wasnt blood or anything an bit like the stains you usually see around dogs etc i cleaned regularly but every now and then it flared up.
If the white of the eyeball is pink/red or their 3rd eyelid is pink etc then there is an infection of somesort apparently (according to a check up he had)...but it is always best to get it checked out. It might be ok but then it could be something irritating the eye??

:evillaugh: if the vets were mentioned Tazi would disppear!! i made 6 appointments in one week and the little houdini foiled me everytime!!  :rofl:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 12:00:41 PM »
thinking about it he has always had a bit of stuff from that eye but i always just thought it was sleep muck, was only the other day when i wiped it off (he normally wont let me) and saw it was red and that there was flecks of it on his lower lid i thought hmmmm that might not be okay but like is ay he is acting fine although i now thats not always an indictor with cats. No doubt he is fine and just fancied gettin extra attention over the fosters so though ha! ile get her lol im going to tell him he is going to the vets and see if it clears up  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 10:38:48 AM »
my old cat bluto had this, he was born on a feral colony and had deformed tear ducts and we had to clean his eyes every day of his life. 

as this is a new thing then you are right to see the vet but hopefully it is nothing

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 10:24:05 AM »
will book him in for tomoz and let you no what it is get a photo aswell if i can xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 01:40:24 AM »
I think best have him checked out by the vet cos eyes are precious.

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 17:44:01 PM »
hi no theres no swelling no squinting nothing just the crusty red stuff lol

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 12:55:29 PM »
Hi,do you think he might have scratched it on something?

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
what is it?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 12:45:13 PM »
hey peeps, twix has had this dried red discharge from his left eye now for a few days, its not a huge amount no bigger than the sleep crust we get from our eyes on a morning, it doesn't seem to be bothering him his eyes are wide etc but its red and its persistently there.
Any ideas on what it could be a friend suggested an allergy but that seems extreme since it really is only a small amount but its there all the time, i no sooner wipe it away and a hour later its there again..... if its not gone by tuesday (when i get paid) he is going to vet.

Link to CatChat