Author Topic: cats go in next doors garden  (Read 2368 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: cats go in next doors garden
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 01:32:52 AM »
could you replace these with the rubber type spikes for cat proofing? they are same idea but dont tear chunks out of your poor cats x

Offline wonkypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 19:04:16 PM »
Hi there

We had problems with kids years ago, and joked with the investigating officer about putting plastic versions of these on our fences so that they would discourage the kids. She laughed and then got all serious and said that if we did and a person of bad intent hurt themselves while pulling our fences down, we could be prosecuted. Seems to me your neighbours are in this position!I know the law is different for cats but if you put your hand on the fence you'll get hurt too! Have you got a community police officer you could have a chat with?

I think the RSPCA won't help but may be you could look at cat proofing that part of the garden so your puss doesn't think it's a good place to jump over?

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 19:26:52 PM »
Hi bjc  :welcome:  ;D

I had a problem like this many years ago when my neighbours hammored large nails all sticking up with round 5mm tops down the tops of their fences which ran along side our side boundry. I did notice them until one day my beautiful Arnie (blue Bermese) came in and blood was dripping from his underneath. Took him straight down the vet who found two holes in to his fur bleeding and had to keep him on over night for x rays to see if any inner damage was done. Thansk fully no inner damage so he came home next day with stitches & antibiotics.

We (the vet & I) tried to find why he had two very similar holes in his underside and he though it must be a bite but very unusal.  When i came home i looked all over the house and garden to try and think what could have made the holes in him and found the fences with nails and blood where he must of impacted the nails into his underneath jumping up on them as he usually does.

I went straight round to tell the neighbours and they said they only put them up a day ago to try and stop my cats going into their compost heap to poop. They were very good and did take them down straight away and offered to pay for the vet cost.

Are you on good terms with your neighbours? Even so if not, i would ask them to take the metal ones down which will cause awful injury that they would be responsible for and replace with plastic ones that can distract cats jumping on fences but wont cause harm.

Let us know how you get on

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 18:09:02 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

Don't forget to keep some parts of your garden regularly dug over to encourage them to use your garden as their toilet  :)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 15:33:00 PM »
Hi Welcome.

Not sure of the legality of this, it might be worth checking with your local council department.

If you have good fencing, perhaps you should consider some cat proofing? At least this way, you would keep relations with your neighbour civil and not have o worry about where you cats are going.

Offline bjc

• Kitten
  • Slave to: perkins
cats go in next doors garden
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 15:19:36 PM »
My cats some time go in to next doors garden
They have put carpet grips you know the type with lots of sharp nails in it
On the back of my fence
Do you think i should tell the  RSPCA as this could hurt the cats feet  >:(
Or do you think they have the right to do this

Link to CatChat