Author Topic: Longhaired female - London area  (Read 9510 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Longhaired female - London area
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 10:00:56 AM »
Could you ask your local RSPCA to homecheck you on behalf of the other areas? I think this is often the stumbling block as the homecheckers can't travel too far off their own patch. Once you've been "cleared" they could issue you some kind of letter as proof of who you are and that you are good for certain kinds on aninmals (Celia Hammond's people home checked me for an older female cat, as that was what I'd applied for, and I passed no problems, but it would have been a different matter if I wanted an "only" cat character, as we already had seven !)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 23:57:37 PM »
have you tried contacting celia? I would think with the longterm cats that they may be more flexible ,sometimes arranging an informal chat etc can help as knowing you are a longterm cat lover that doesnt mind taking in a cat that may be a bit older or overlooked etc can sometimes sway rescues if they see how genuine you are.

jo x

Offline MsB

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 16:21:45 PM »
How about Martina, she's about half way down the page. http://www.celiahammond.org/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=9&MMN_position=16:16

There are also a couple at the Lewisham branch but they are to go together Tansy and Topsy and I don't suppose you want two. Have you phoned Celia Hammond they have other cats that aren't on their website?

I don't live in a Celia Hammond catchment area. This is the problem with every cat I have seen offered by RSPCA, Blue Cross et al - I don't live in area covered by where cat is.

Offline MsB

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 16:18:02 PM »
http://www.catchat.org/forum.html

Thanks! Is that the longhaired 'Siamese'? :-) Definitely like. Waiting on register email to respond. I already have a Seal point Birman X (has the look, but short hair!) and love that type of look. My second option to a tabby.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 15:12:27 PM »

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 14:12:21 PM »
How about Martina, she's about half way down the page. http://www.celiahammond.org/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=9&MMN_position=16:16

There are also a couple at the Lewisham branch but they are to go together Tansy and Topsy and I don't suppose you want two. Have you phoned Celia Hammond they have other cats that aren't on their website?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 13:07:34 PM »
She is beautiful and yet another stupid RSPCA thing but this time at branch level unless its a rehoming centre  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
Very sorry to hear about Meia  :hug:

When you spoke to the RSPCA did you offer a vet reference and/or for a local charity to do a homecheck on their behalf (you could make a donation to the local charity for their time). Worth a try  :shy:

Offline MsB

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 03:29:40 AM »
Thanks, Sheila, I might try that.

Absolutely heartbroken today to see this cat at RSPCA Milton Keynes branch - so like mine that died and so what I want. But because I don't live in area, they said no. Yet that branch has currently over 120 cats and kittens needing homes. I don't get it. Surely if one is prepared to travel a distance for a cat, that shows intent? I could go to Battersea's Windsor or Brands Hatch branches and pick a cat, no problem; same with Wood Green animal shelters at Godmanchester and Heydon. But RSPCA, no.

Am so distraught over losing Meia. Still crying for most of the day and this is all making it worse.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:35:51 AM by MsB »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 21:37:47 PM »
Do let me know if I can help -

I know my friend Anna who runs London Cat Rescue has a desperate need to re-home or foster some of her many cats this summer as she has terminal accommodation issues.

Have a look at her catchat page, or call her, she will almost certainly know of a long haired female (not necessarily listed on her cc page) in need of your special TLC which may free up a foster space for one of her other furbabies.

http://www.catchat.org/londoncr/cgibin/prtoc.cgi

I can help with transport if needed.  :hug:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 05:39:50 AM »
So sorry for your loss  :(  :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Meia, play hard at the Bridge
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 00:23:57 AM »
Give Mowlie lots of love cos he maybe grieving  :hug: :hug:

Offline MsB

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 23:33:08 PM »
Thanks, all! I am sure when the time is right, the right cat will cross my path.

I think my male cat Mowlie is missing her. They had been sparring partners for 14 years on a near daily basis. He was never aggressive, just liked a bit of a rumble, I think! He's been sitting quietly and staring around at times. When I brought the empty carrier home, he sat peering in it for ages, then sat back as if he was thinking 'I saw her leave in that, but she's not there now, so where is she?'

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 16:44:49 PM »
RIP Mesa  I hope you find your new friend soon

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 14:45:37 PM »
Yes I do remember and so sorry for your loss.  :hug: :hug:

RIP Meia, play hard on the Bridge.

I have two birmans, one still a kitten and boy is he a monster lol and a grandpappy blue point with 3 legs who will be 19 in Aug, lost his brother on 10 May last year.

I hope you find the right cat for you soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 14:42:38 PM »
so sorry to hear about Meia :hug:
My mom has a longhaired tabby called pansy so can see why you are besotted..they are beautifull looking girls :Luv2:
I will keep my ears open for any longhaired cats in your area...i love furry cats too :shy:

Offline MsB

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 14:33:31 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your cat, what was its name please?

RIP

Meia. You may remember I posted about her having masticatory myositis. Struggled hand feeding her, but she was obviously depressed not being able to open her mouth to eat, wash or groom, and I knew when I took her back to the vet last week what they were going to say. I got her 14 years ago as a Battersea rescue after my previous 18yo long haired tabby died - hence the reason for tabby and long hair now! Love cats with loads of hair :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 14:27:14 PM »
don't worry, one thing we are never short of sadly is cats needing homes  :hug:

Offline MsB

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 14:26:37 PM »
have you looked under the cats needing home section, anything posted by kelly joy is likely to be longhaired.  good luck!

Yes, I did. Nothing there. Last month Battersea had a beautiful Birman AND a tabby! Would have had either. Of course, at that time never expected I would be wanting another. How quickly things change...

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 14:21:03 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your cat, what was its name please?

RIP

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 14:20:39 PM »
have you looked under the cats needing home section, anything posted by kelly joy is likely to be longhaired.  good luck!

Offline MsB

• Kitten
Longhaired female - London area
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 14:19:16 PM »
Sadly had to have my 18yo cat PTS last week.

Desperately looking for long haired female domestic tabby - or breed such as Birman, Ragdoll, Maine Coon. Must be able to live with my other cats. Can be indoor or outdoor. Am approved by Battersea and Wood Green shelter, but neither have what I am looking for right now.

In London or within M25 area, or further afield if could be transported as I am a non-driver.

Link to CatChat