Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 5207 times)

Offline wonkypaws

• Adult Cat
Re: Hello!
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 16:07:34 PM »
Ah. I see. We have beams at about 7 ft from the ground and the way down is to leap on to the bed. Which is fine for the cat but not so good for the person asleep in the bed below! And yours is only a kitten - you are going to have some fun with her later on. Has she seen that cat food advert about free running?  :evillaugh:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 16:02:55 PM »
Jumped from the beam onto the wardrobes and then from there onto the floor. We've got the same height and beams in another room and she's been up there too. Jumped onto the wardrobe onto the beam and got down by jumping on the bed underneath the beam.

Offline wonkypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 15:50:42 PM »
Um - how did she get down??!!

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 14:18:38 PM »
Couldn't agree more!

I've attached the piccy of Luna's big adventure. We've got a 12 ft high ceiling in our bedroom with beams across and she's managed to get herself up there. It's a bit grainy as it was taken at 5.15am on a phone but you can clearly see kitten on a beam and beam higher than the door. 

Offline wonkypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 13:35:49 PM »
I think using the sink is the sign of an intelligent cat - at least you can clean it easily!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2012, 10:44:52 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: Louise. Your girls are just lovely  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »
In general they are good girls, Luna looks like a cartoon kitten, all properly fluffy whilst Cleo has the most unusual silky coat with white roots which makes her look bald in parts which darkens to chocolate brown with black tabby markings but when they are naughty they really go for it!!
Luckily enough though they haven't caused any real damage, aren't fussy eaters and love a fuss.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 12:00:10 PM »
 :welcome: It sounds like your 2 might be joining Mosi's naughty club! We got two kittens at the same time, but since joining purrs I have realised how good they were!  :rofl:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »
Welcome from the Clan cats we have a Clio she is a tabby former feral and is our Alpha Queen and we also have a Luna she is an all ginger girl who is still a tad feral

They will keep you well busy if they are anything like our mob!!!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »
good to hear they are keeping you busy!!

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 08:03:19 AM »
 :thanks: :thanks:
We've had a few "adventures" over the last few weeks
1  - First day they were left for a few hours they managed to get under the kitchen cupboards (took leaving a trail of dreamies to get them out).
2 - Came home the following week in the nick of time as they had managed to get into the bathroom and turn the water on (tap is a lever). The overflow was just about coping.......
3 - Luna is a very girly cat who is obsessed with my shoes and bags and is always desperate to get into my wardrobe so when she liked the look of a shoe box with a pink lining I gave it to her to play with.....and then gave her the big box that came in with the tissue paper inside thinking she'd jump in and out of it and play with the rolled up tissue. Oh no, she decided to treat it as litter tray 2 (clearly couldn't tell her off as she was a good girl for going in the "right" place).
4 - One of them had a wee in the sink on Saturday morning.     :sneaky:
5 - Cleo has adopted a toy mouse which she carries everywhere with her.

And there was me thinking, oh give them a couple of weeks to settle in and maybe we'll thinking about giving another cat a home.......I just can't now - they follow me around all the time so after their bad start, I just don't think its fair at the moment.   

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 19:14:26 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Cometina

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Orangino, Keesha, Zukina, Dartagnian, Dante
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 22:43:14 PM »
Little Cleo looks just like my Keesha when she was a baby!  They're so lucky to have found you. ;) ;) ;) ;) :welcome:

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 18:26:40 PM »
  :welcome: what loverly pictures :welcome:Ron and cats

Offline wonkypaws

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »
Hello and welcome! Lucky girls to find such a lovely home, although they do look a bit mischievious to me. :evillaugh: I am sure they will keep you on your toes!

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 13:56:55 PM »
Most definitely  :hug:

They are adorable and I can't help but love them even though I miss Chelsea so much.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 13:43:27 PM »
as ever Sue nails it with words!!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 13:40:49 PM »

No, they won't be Chelsea, because she was unique.  You miss her.  What they will be, is completely unique and special individuals who you'll come to know and love for their own qualities, just as you did with Chelsea. 

She was a grand old lady, and she obviously had a very close bond with you.  Luna and Cleo will bond with you too, but in different ways.    :)

My little old Codger man Paddy was 20 (anna bit!) when we lost him last year.  He was very special to us - a proper little character who needed a lot of TLC and nursing in his last two years.  We got Mac 4 months after, for much the same reason.  He's not Paddy - he's got a very different personality, but he is a little cracker, and at almost a year old, he's grown into our lives to take his own place in our hearts.   

Cleo may be timid, but I bet she still wants to belong somewhere, to feel secure and safe, every bit as much as Luna. 

The good thing is that you're laughing.  Chelsea isn't forgotten or "replaced".  She's just left a legacy behind her for a different kind of happiness to blossom in her wake.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 13:22:18 PM »
That's part of the trouble. It wasn't too soon as the house was so empty but they just aren't her. They both have bits and pieces of Chelsea's personality (the noseiness, the playfulness) but I'm looking for her in both of them and she's not there. :'( :'(
Luna's had stuff out of my handbag, chewed my creditcard and, like Chelsea, sits watching me put my slap on in the morning.
Cleo has already been up on the wardrobe which was one of Chelsea's favourite places when she was younger but whilst she is timid like Chelsea was at the same age, Cleo is timid with everyone.
They are putting the smile back on my face though and their antics are making me laugh.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 13:05:56 PM »
 :evillaugh:  We're all impatient about something or other. 

I also just wanted to say I see that you lost Chelsea last month.  :hug: :hug:  It's always so hard when you lose a companion, but well done to you for taking on two new cuties.  I'm sure Chelsea would approve.   :)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 13:02:09 PM »
I know you're right - I'm impatient and she is awesomely affectionate when she wants to be I'd just like her to be like that during normal waking hours  :tired: :Luv:
Feliway purchased!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 12:57:59 PM »
yes give her time, she probably hasn't had time to settle anywhere yet being so young, once she realises she is staying put she will chill out

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »

Of course you want her to be happy.  And she will be.  She just needs a little more time by the sounds of it.  :hug:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »
 :thanks: :hug:
Not had to use Feliway so thanks for the advice. I shall give it a go.

They are generally relaxed but whilst Luna (named as short for Lunatic which was our first impression) is very much at home, up on the bed, follows me around, first in the queue for food / Dreamies Cleo can be hard work (or maybe I am for her as I want her to be happy),

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »

Aha!   I sympathise - I have a young chappie who likes what I call "a snoozle" in the wee small hours of the morning, snuggling into my shoulder, kneading my arm and nudging my hand - he likes you to put your hand over his face and then he falls asleep - but this can take place 3 or 4 times of a night.   I love it although I do agree - it plays havoc with yer beauty sleep!   :Luv2:

Helen's young chappies are a testament to what good loving does for cats.  They're adorable!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »
they are lovely!  love the sofa shot, they look pretty relaxed to me!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 11:44:35 AM »
So pleased for you Louise!  :) Gorgeous girls and you can almost hear them sighing with relief as they relax on their plush looking sofa together - 'we've found our forever home'  :Luv:

I can highly recommend a Feliway plug in to help increase Cleo's confidence, I have two brothers (from kittens, raised exactly the same), they are both very loving and affectionate but while one is bombproof the other is easily spooked - the feliway really brings him out of his shell and he becomes the cheeky, confident little boy that I know and love!  :Luv:

You can get it from the vets but it's much cheaper online, think this is about the cheapest at the mo with free delivery... http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/cats/healthcare/anxiety/feliway-diffuser.html

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »
 :thanks:
All of a sudden Cleo will go into soppy mode which consists of making little mewing noises and wanting to sit on a lap and head butt but the trouble is that this mainly comes on about 2am!! Not discouraging her at all at the moment though as its nice that she wants a fuss whatever time it is.....I just need a good supply of matchsticks. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

They look it.   :Luv:   Time and patience are the two things you can give them in abundance - Cleo will become more confident in time, and as long as you can be patient with her more nervous episodes, she'll learn to trust more and more.  They both look very relaxed in that bottom piccie, which is a credit to you, considering they're just new to their surroundings.   :hug:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »
Hi Sue

They are absolutely adorable. Luna settled in within about five minutes but its still early days for Cleo who gets more easily spooked and whilst she gets a little better every day it feels like every time we wake up or get home from work we have to win her trust all over again.

Any tips / advice from Purrs members would be much appreciated!

x   

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 11:20:49 AM »

Hi Louise - a big Hello to you and Luna and Cleo - welcome to Purrs  :welcome:

I must say, you're very beautiful ladies - and it looks as if you've landed well and truly on your paws after such a shaky start - a lovely home you have there.   :)  Hope you have fun on Purrs and end up feeling as much at home on here as you do on your very comfy looking sofa.   ;D

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »
Hello, we are Cleo (chocolate brown & black tabby) and Luna (black & white) in our new home.
We are six month old sisters and were rehomed last week after some nasty person dumped us in a cardboard box.

Link to CatChat