Author Topic: Pet Head Purrtastic Shampoo  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Re: Pet Head Purrtastic Shampoo
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 09:22:19 AM »
She only licks at the base of her tail and around her botty (no she doesn't have worms) her tum and inside her thigh. The only thing I can think of is that when her flea treatment is loosing its potency and perhaps a tiny one lands on her and bites her tum (I saw three minuscule red dots) she licks them makes them sore and licks them again.

She was on Frontline but I found this hopeless so she has been on Advantage 80 for the last couple of months. I have yet to see a flea on her (and being Siamese the adults are easy to spot)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:20:59 AM »
Not tried this Peardrop as I use Johnsons baby shampoo on bottlefeds and and am too cowardly to bathe an adult cat unless a desperate case. Always good to give feedback on something like Purrtastic as I am certain lots of people may need a future recommendation.
Havent come accross your other thread as rather occupied with other problems but wonder if your vet has thought about possibility of it being a hormone inbalance.
Good Luck with everything.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »
This is the first time I have done it also.

We put some warm water in the basin and some Johnson's baby bath and then just put her back end in. I washed her, my daughter held her front half and at the same time we were giving her hugs and kisses. She was purring all the time and didn't seem to be bothered. We dried her thoroughly and we turned the heating on so she could be warm.

We thought it stop her licking her tummy (see my licking thread).

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 20:23:11 PM »
I dont wash my cats  :tired:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
Pet Head Purrtastic Shampoo
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 07:39:03 AM »
Has anyone tried it?

Link to CatChat