Author Topic: hello from Italy!  (Read 2954 times)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
Re: hello from Italy!
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2012, 22:42:18 PM »
 Hi Andrea  :welcome: from us all at lotcatsbrighton  :welcome: :welcome:

Offline landreads

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kaori & Manila
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 22:10:40 PM »
hi, and thank you again for the welcome :)
Yes oriental cat have strong personality, but not Kaori, she lives with the obsession to do something wrong, she's very very sensible.  Whit the other cat I go crazy becaouse she does what she want, with Kaori it is enought to say: -no darling don't do it!- that she understands and stops!
 She has some problems of hiperestesia and some intestinal problem too, all related to her fragile character...but when she's in mood, trought out all her oriental part, and she play and play and play and call loud :)
has someone of your cats behavioral problem like her?

Manila instead has understood all about life, she lives peaceful, and she knows how to hypnotize me with her purrs and make me do whatever she wants :D

ps: Denise your are killing me with envy (i don't know it right in english) coz i LOOOVE the bengals, and the colour of your oriental too!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 21:45:41 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Your girls are beautiful ... i have a soft spot for "foreigns/orientals" they have such strong personalities  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 21:14:01 PM »
Hi Andrea  :welcome: to Purrs
Your cats are gorgeous, as you can see from my sig picture I also have an Oriental called Fudge who also likes being carried around like a baby also very dog like, my other cat is a Bengal who is very vocal.
Enjoy the forum lots of friendly peeps here and good advice.

Denise
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 13:53:09 PM »
Wow what beautiful cats and bet the siamese is the loud one LOL

I am a sucker for seal points with blue eyes  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Your English is very good and I would guess that your English is 100% better than our Italian!

That's two very beautiful girls you have there  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 08:57:47 AM »
Hello Andrea and  :welcome:  Purrs. Your cats are gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 08:34:08 AM »

Well Andrea, if you have a Mac too, you clearly have excellent taste!  ;D

Gosh - your girls are beautiful!!   They are Divas - you must be so proud of them.   :wow:

Offline landreads

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »
Sue P, also Manila love cuddles when we go to sleep! And I've got a Mac too, but he's not a cat,  he is my boyfriend eheheh :evillaugh:

Now i'll try to attach some photos :doh:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:31:25 AM by landreads »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 08:07:14 AM »
hi and welcome - my oh is half italian, his mums family are from Umbria, near Assisi

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 07:39:52 AM »

Oh Andrea - they sound adorable!   My Mac is very like Manila - we got him last year as a kitten and he was very cuddley too - loved affection and being babied, whereas now he hides in sneaky places and leaps out at me when I'm not expecting it  :evillaugh:  It's great fun.  He still likes his cuddles at night though  :Luv:

Kaori must love it with you after having to share her house with so many other cats.  And having you to herself to play with her mice - cat heaven!  :)

I know what you mean about posting photos - am still not good at that, but there is a section under "Welcome to Purrs" at the top of the boards.  Click on "Forum Guide" and it will open a new section which has a guide to posting photos.    Alternatively, am sure someone who's good at that sort of thing will be happy to post some photos for you if they can be emailed to them.      :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 07:25:54 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline landreads

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 07:21:03 AM »
manila is been with me since she was 2 months old, infact she completely trust in me. When she was yung she really enjoied the caresses (?) and stay in my arms, now she prefers spend her time to trick me and jump around the house and on my shoulder :)
Kaori was came here when she was 10 years old, she lived in a big house with about 15 other cats...and  she is very submissive, maby for this reason. She's look like a lion with the heart of a rabbi!. scared of all type of news!  She spents all her time to play with her fake mice...and in the evening, when I finish the supper, she gather her army of mice all around me and starts to call me with her loud voice coz I must play with her, she's very cute :D
She is VERY VERY vocal, I think the my neighbors belive that I've a little baby coz she cry like an infant if I don't stay with her :)
I'll put some pictures when I understand how do it! :doh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 07:01:05 AM »
Hello Andrea - hello and welcome to you and your beautiful girls, Kaori and Manila.   :welcome:

It's lovely to have you join us - and your English is very good!   Nothing to be ashamed of there.   ;D  :hug:  We love talking about cats - our own and everyone else's cats too, so jump in and tell us more about you and your girls.  How old are they, and have you had them since they were babies?

There are a few members on here with Italian connections so there should be more along to say Hi later.  Have fun exploring the forum  :)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 22:29:04 PM »
Hi Andrea and a big  :welcome: to Purrs - Tanti Salutti

My Dad is Italian and originally from near Pavia so not too far from you - I hope you enjoy the forum and your cats sound lovley x

Ciao for now

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 21:36:48 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Andrea  ;D

I dont know any other language except English apart from odd words, and your English puts most of us to shame  ;D ;D

We would love to hear and see your cats and also about cats in Italy  ;D ;D

I dont type very well either  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline landreads

• Kitten
hello from Italy!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 21:33:08 PM »
Hi all, I'm Andrea and I'm writing from Italy (the most boring part of its, Milan)!
I've decided to subscribe here for two reason:
at first i would like to know how the cats are loved out of Italy, and learn many other things for guarentee the best for my cats. At second because I've been trying to learn english (with a lot of falls) and i hope that chatting with you can help me...so I apologize for my bad bad english and for all the mistakes I'll do...I'm pretty ashame for this, but sure that you'll understand (I'll often ask an help of my best friend..google translater  :-[ )

Well what can I say?  I'm 28 and I live with 2 princess, or better 2 little monsters, Kaori & Manila.
Kaori is an oriental cat, for me is more a dog than a cat, she's very nervous and paranoid but sweety and always in search of hugs...Manila is  a Thai Siamese, she is the queen, scared of nothing, proud and dominant...I love them..

Good night everyone!  ;D

Link to CatChat