Author Topic: Sunny Harbour Update - Long Overdue - sorry folks!  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Sunny Harbour Update - Long Overdue - sorry folks!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 19:45:12 PM »
Hi Sarah & Paul

Hope you are all coping  :Luv: :Luv: I popped a donation over for Bruno & Oliie & Joey from the Buster fund. I so hope they are doin ok hun.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Sending all mu love over

Tan
xxxxxx

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »
hi guys thank you!

To be honest we have been amazed that we have kept going and still come out the other side... albeit a little, OK in fact a lot exhausted.. but we're piecing things back together slowlyl  Been a really rocky road... but the Harbour has probably been the one thing that has forced us to keep going as well as our little boy.

Onwards and upwards as they say.  Just have everything crossed that we can get this Animal Friends vote win this month though we struggling a bit just now :(
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 22:48:26 PM »
...and ditto what Dawn said! You guys do a brilliant job. Hope all is well and that your baby boy is doing well.
Hope also Bruno's spark is still alight :hug: Dougie and I have given his appeal a little top up.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 15:27:32 PM »
what they said!  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:02:05 PM »
Sorry to hear what a tough time you've all been having, I'm amazed that you managed to keep going  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline StreetKatzRescue

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 20:25:09 PM »
Really sorry to hear of all your troubles and hope that your wee lad is now doing very well.  Amazing that you have all kept going and still helping lots of cats into better lives.  :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Sunny Harbour Update - Long Overdue - sorry folks!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:56:25 AM »
Hi folks,

Firstly, we are sorry we haven't been around on the board very much these last couple of months.  We have had a really rough 9 months and its been hard to get everything back on track and keep up with all the updating...  but alas.. I'll do my best.

As some of you will know our little baby boy arrived last July though what many won't know is that he was critically ill for a number of months and there were a few occasions where we didn't think he would make it... including at his delivery where he was essentially dead for the first 7 minutes of life.  On top of that I (Sarah) was left paralysed down my left upper side and full lower body for several weeks and it has taken me until now really to regain 90% function.

Poor Paul (hubby) has had the very difficult job of looking after both me, our baby boy and keeping the rescue running and the cats happy and fed and with the help of our volunteers they have been amazing.

Despite all of the above going on we have continued to help those cats we can and have taken in cases such as Alice and Ali that we have posted about previously.

At the current time we have around 45 cats with us at Sunny Harbour and many wonderful characters and some heart breaking backgrounds.   They have all  received their various treatments from the vets and are now recovering and we have a number that have been and will be with us for several weeks to months yet.

1 case we took in just a few weeks ago is Bruno who was found wandering the streets with a prolapsed rectum, emaciated and in a filthy horrid state.  We took him in and after a rather hairy few weeks, veterinary care and lots of TLC he is finally picking up.  We created a special page on our website for Bruno which can be found here:  http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk/appeals/brunoappeal.html

In a moment of 'chill time' for Paul he also put together the wee video that you will see on Bruno's page to highlight our work and what we are trying to achieve.   It summarises some of the cases we have worked with over recent years and also let us see why we need to keep fighting on.

We are slowly but surely getting ourselves back on our feet properly but have tried to limit some of the cases we have taken in to those most needy simply due to limited resources and my ability to help Paul care for them.   

On an up note we were selected as a Charity of the Month with Animal Friends Insurance this month and this has meant that if we receive most votes we have a chance of winning £5000.... If you can help us by voting on Facebook or spreading the word, we would really, truly appreciate it as this boost we truly make a huge difference to the cats and kittens of Sunny Harbour, especially after what we can only describe as a horrid year.  You will find a link on our website home page here http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk   You just have to click on the image to be taken to the voting page.

So, that is where we are at the moment... looking forward and doing our best to help those we can whilst trying to make best use of limited funds and work our little bottoms hard to win this months vote.

We will do our very best to keep things updated more often and we have quite genuinely been trying to do so for some time, but I hope our update explains more fully why we haven't been around as much of late.    :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Link to CatChat