Author Topic: slow  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: slow
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 16:10:57 PM »
I hope things pick up for you on the  homing front soon.

I love the pyramid!  I have thought about making one before but I just know that Mosi will simply stand on it and flatten it  :innocent:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 14:36:33 PM »
we did well earlier in the year but have been really slow for a couple of weeks.

mind you, we have less cats in due to reduced fosterers and of course the 4 mums and babies block things for a couple of months.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 14:00:12 PM »
Amber tried that with her treat pyramid (that looks rather like yours only not so neat) and found herself wearing a toilet roll up to her shoulder  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
love
Tab
:evillaugh: :evillaugh: sorry Amber..but  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Thank you for  :hug:
I don't know why it is (maybe your right about holidays) but its saturday, usually our busiest day and STILL no-one has turned up. Especially worring as we have two emergency cases sitting at vets and two previous residents have had to come back because of a crisis wereby they had ended up left locked alone in a house for a week  >:(
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 16:46:11 PM »
Hope the homing picks up soon  :hug: Wonder if the half term has anything to do with it, people going away etc

I made the boys a toilet roll tower once, it didn't last long as Riley did an 'Oddball special' (what a great name by the way  :evillaugh:) and figured out all he had to do was knock it over then he simply hoovered up all the treats that had fallen out of it!  :innocent:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 16:33:05 PM »
Amber tried that with her treat pyramid (that looks rather like yours only not so neat) and found herself wearing a toilet roll up to her shoulder  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 16:25:53 PM »
Oddball (the black and white cat in the bottom photo) soon realised that knocking the whole thing over = lots of treats  :)

:evillaugh:  Clever Oddball  :Luv:  Do hope things pick up soon on the rehoming front for you  :hug:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 16:22:37 PM »
 ;D
yes VERY cheap cat toy!! cellotape and toilet rolls!!
..and it works. It keeps the cats amused. Although sometimes not for very long - Oddball (the black and white cat in the bottom photo) soon realised that knocking the whole thing over = lots of treats  :)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:12 PM »
Not seen that before. What a great idea!  :wow:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
slow
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 09:33:52 AM »
I know its a slow time of year but we havent homed any cats this week  :(
we have some lovely cats in as well.

At least the lull means we are looking tidy and we have had the time to get one of our work experience students making treat pyramids.

Link to CatChat