Author Topic: Male cats coming to visit  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Male cats coming to visit
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 23:55:17 PM »
Cat parties  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In London I had loads of visitors thro the flap and loved them all. Kocka however hated them.

I wanted to get a friend for Kocka. Ok for me LOL but I asked my vet and he said that Kocka liked being an only cat and would hate it and how right he was.

There arent any other cats a round here. occasionally one appears from nowhere but my cats dont like their house invaded and the last poor little black kitten was literally climbing the wall while Misa and Sasa gave a good ear bashing..............yelling that is.

Since then we had Pussy now Leonie and she gave tham an ear bashing if they dared to come into her room LOL

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 23:40:56 PM »
we have a few visitors although they are mainly Miyagis mates..he brings them home (welll used to as hes on a ban since he ran away for 6 long days

there is a huge tuxedo boy thats very skittish but looks like our georgia :Luv2: a big ginger boy who comes looking for food :innocent: a very pretty long hair tabbie girl..( must not steal her :shify: and a cat i did unwittingly steal and took to vets who my son calls angel :Crazy: i started feeding her as shes always on the streets an was starving but apparently acording to vets someone nearby owns her so we only get to say hello now :-[

once you open yourself up to rescuing kittys they appear from no where..i had a bloomin huge rabbit turn up at my door one day :Crazy: turned out he dug a whole under a new neghbours fence..my daughter had fed, named and housed him in a tempory cage by then :rofl: thankfully i got to return him!

my mom has it worse, her cat bear actually brings them through cat flap and they have cat partys :rofl:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 22:31:01 PM »
I always had entire toms coming round and trying to sniff at my spayed girl - she was spayed about 6 months old by our vet so I know she was definitely done.  She used to get very stressed and annoyed by them.  One kept visiting after she went missing and eventually got neutered and is now outdoor cat :)  Sky doesn't attract them but she isn't out very often so maybe doesn't get the chance.

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 22:02:59 PM »
Haha! Oh good! Phew! I'm just too nice for my own good then!  :innocent: My hubby told me off for 'encouraging' them, saying 'you know what happened last time!' (Mollie!) Soon shut up when I said, 'yeah, well you love her to bits you soppy git!'  :rofl:
Seriously though, Gandalf is ok, quite fussy but a bit funny lookin'  :evillaugh: but Sebastian! I'm smitten! He's so handsome! I'd snap him up in a heartbeat!  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 21:34:21 PM »
Once you name them you are sunk LOL

I dont think they are after your cat but more looking to see if there are any other suitable girls around and of course the snacks you feed  :innocent:

Cats are clever and they know if you have a cat, you love them and you feed them................its all about self interest LOL

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
Male cats coming to visit
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 20:14:00 PM »
Hi everyone, I was wondering, do male cats usually come sniffing around for spayed females? I ask because lately I have had visits from a couple of entire male cats that I haven't seen before, both of which have been calling outside my door and turned up while Mollie was outside. They first seemed interested in her but not to the extent that they were trying to mount her or anything but it just seems a little strange! I probably haven't helped keeping them away by giving them the odd dreamie  :innocent: ooops but Sebastian (gorgeous tabby & white boy) was calling like a looney tonight, so I went out to see him & he was definately more interested in the cat biscuits I had than Mollie who was standing right at the door. Gandalf (grey & white boy) has sat outside and shouted alot but he too seemed very hungry.

Mollie is quite uninterested in the boys & runs off whenever they are around. As I adopted her as a stray, when I found her owner, I asked if she had been spayed & she had had her from a young kitten & told me she had her spayed herself, I only have her word for it but she seemed genuine. I have no other reason to doubt it as she hasn't called at all or shown signs being in heat (I know how my sister's cat was when she was in heat!) I just think it's a bit strange that these two horny boys have turned up! (i've nicknamed the boys by the way, I don't know who owns them but neither have collars & are too wary of me to get close enough to attach a paper collar asking the owner to kindly neuter their boys!)

Link to CatChat