Author Topic: New rescue cat - so nervous!  (Read 2150 times)

Offline thenewarc

• Kitten
  • Slave to: all of them!
Re: New rescue cat - so nervous!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 17:20:35 PM »
Thanks all.  Gucci is a lovely tabby and white girl, with enorrrrrmous eyes haha.  She ate well last night, has had more today and drunk and is using her litter.  She's still hissing, but hey ho thats fine.

Liz, you are welcome to come and meet the micro pigs lol - we rehomed the "little" one Randall today, but the two recent girls are still with us, eating us out of house and home :)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 16:27:38 PM »
Thank goodness she is now with someone who understands her and will help her to blossom into the cat I'm sure she really wants to be  :hug:  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:09:31 AM »
hope she settles soon, she must have been really scared poor thing

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 22:48:37 PM »
Thats how Maddison came home with Annie and lennox Robin came with me and sais well we might as well take all 3 so we did

What colour is the little lady and can't wait for updates must try and get over to see you at some point would love to meet the Micro pigs lol ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline thenewarc

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 22:46:28 PM »
Awww good luck with the introductions Liz, its so sad when they "hate you" to start with, it makes you wonder what on earth they think is going to happen to them.   Keith has noticed this one lol - in fact he came with me to collect her.   We keep saying "NO MORE" but sometimes you just cant walk away, and this poor girl ... well I dont know what would have happened to her if we hadnt gone.

Will keep you updated xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 22:40:28 PM »
So much for having nor more, take it keith hasn't noticed her yet!!!

I am sure she will blossom under your care Pauline, I currently am sitting in the study with 2 who hate me - Maddison the three legged tabby and Annnie the white pawed tabby from Liz and a very curious Master lennox and tomoorw we open the door and let introduction begin in earnest nstead of just one or two of the Clan they will start with the indoor kids!!

Good luck with Gucci  :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline thenewarc

• Kitten
New rescue cat - so nervous!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 22:35:43 PM »
We have taken in a new cat!  She is 3 years old, and had only been living in her home for one week before CP asked for our help as they couldnt get anybody to deal with this in the time frame needed.

The owner took this little fur baby from a "free to a good home" advert last Saturday.  She said the cat hadnt eaten a thing or drunk anything since she had arrived (a week). She had spoken to the vet whose suggestion was grab her and take her in and they would put her on a drip, or grab her and take her in and they would put her to sleep.  The reason?  She was so nasty, they couldnt use their bathroom.   The cat had moved into the bathroom, behind the net curtain, and there she had stayed.  Every time the owner went into the room the cat hissed and spat, and they had been using a bucket for a toilet and the kitchen sink to wash for the whole time they had had her.

Well, I was a little anxious going into the bathroom, armed with gauntlets, towel and carrier.   Eventually we persuaded the owner to shut the door and leave.  She kept saying it was because the cat could smell the dogs and was scared and had liberally been spraying the bathroom with perfume to disguise the smell.   The fact that she had absolutely no idea how to approach a scared cat seemed irrelevant.  Her screeching "I only want to stroke and cuddle you CAT" really didnt seem to be helping!

After moving the net curtains, and a few hisses, little Gucci let me stroke her head and lift her quietly into the carrier.

Now she is home with us - still scared, but eating (after a couple more days of refusal - chicken became too much of a temptation), drinking and using her little tray.  Still the initial hiss on entering her area and she is trying really, REALLY hard not to enjoy being stroked.

It will take a little while yet until she is happy and settled, after all we dont know how many times she has been passed around or what her experiences have been.   I am trying to contact the original owner as she is still registered on her chip, but havent had any reply to my messages yet, but hopefully, given time, Gucci will settle in and have the happy life she deserves

Link to CatChat