Author Topic: Any advice please on sore wet noses??  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Any advice please on sore wet noses??
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 17:53:23 PM »
Pleased they are OK  ;D

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 16:20:07 PM »
Sorry i've only just found time to respond to this, Boots and Casper are now absolutely fine none of my others cats have caught whatever they had so i can only assume as hey go outside that someone has been spraying something and they have sniffed at it and had a bad reaction to it

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »
How are they now?  Did you get them to the vet, or did things suddenly improve?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 17:56:49 PM »
I too would recommend a vets visit  :hug:

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 16:26:28 PM »
yes looks like a trip to the vets just came home to check Boots his nose and mouth are very wet, his nose is starting to get sore probably from the wetness and his mouth discoloured

Offline Lotzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 14:24:48 PM »
I think I'd be tempted to get them both checked by the vet for virus, any other cause and perhaps something to ease the soreness.

Do they both have access outside, as there's the chance they have both come into contact with some kind of cleaning/garden chemical. with the nice weather I know I'm starting to do things outside more. If there's a chance it could be an outside contaminant and their exploring territory isn't that big, I'd have a word with the neighbours to see if anyone has put anything down in the last few days, so you have something to work on if it happens again.

Hope they are both better soon.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 14:22:05 PM »
Your description of Boots' nose doesn't say it looks sore, just wet.  Doesn't sound quite the same? :shy: Boots sounds like he has a bit of a runny nose?  I think I'm right in saying that an infection would present as more "gunky" so wouldn't be too alarmed just yet.

I do realise the constant worry viruses can be when you have so many furry monsters (I got myself worked up about poss ringworm last week) but wonder if you are jumping too quickly to the conclusion that Casper and Boots conditions are linked :hug:

Certainly our vet didn't suggest Groucho's red raw nose might be virus related.  It looked far more like a physical injury.

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 14:02:43 PM »
yes that sounds exactly the same symptoms but as BOOTS has now started with it i'm assuming it's a virus  :'(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 13:10:05 PM »
Sorry can't help  :hug: 

Our Groucho came home a few months back with a very sore nose, looked red raw and wet as if the skin had been sliced off  :scared:.  Is that what you mean? He went a bit off his food as it was obviously a bit uncomfortable to eat.  I imagine it stung quite a bit.  Brought him to vet but they couldn't figure out what had happened. He had an AB to try and prevent infection and it slowly healed over the next few weeks.  Never did find out what happened but touch wood no recurrence with the other 7................

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
Any advice please on sore wet noses??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »
My Casper came home last week with a very sore nose and top lip, i was convinced he had rubbed up a car exhaust pipe and had burnt his nose as it was so sore and weeping.I put lots of antiseptic cream and gave him lots of tlc and he now seems better his nose has dried up and has almost  healed up. But now one of my other cats Boots has got the same symptoms a wet runny nose the wetness starts half way down his nose and lips i'm not sure what it is he is eating well but a bit down in himself, i have 8 furbabies and really don't want what ever this is spreading to all of them which maybe too late now. Does anyone have any idea what it can be???

Link to CatChat