Author Topic: Rescue cat came with WORMS!!!!  (Read 1704 times)

Offline mrs P

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Smokey (desceased)
Re: Rescue cat came with WORMS!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 18:25:28 PM »
 :thanks:

he seems better no more sicking  ;D xxx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Rescue cat came with WORMS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 21:44:18 PM »
Hi Mrs P.

Yes dead worms will come out one way or another - looks like the rescue did a good job.

Cats need to be wormed every 3-4 months if they go out at all, less if they remain indoors.

People may occasionally pick up worms from animals, but transferrence directly from cats to humans is uncommon but not impossible. Your pharmacist can advise you on medication if you suspect you have a parasitic infection.

Pinworm is common in children. Tapeworm is transferred by the accidental digestion of fleas.

Those wiley Australians have done a good article - scroll down to the bottom, there's the information you want at the bottom.

http://www.cat-world.com.au/internal-parasites-in-cats

Don't worry, treatment for fleas and worms becomes routine after a while.  ;)

Offline mrs P

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Smokey (desceased)
Rescue cat came with WORMS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 21:19:15 PM »
hi eveyone, so we got our new cat smithy (short haired burmese) he came from a rescue centre on saturday this morning he threw up his breakfast and also quite a few worms after to be fair they were not moving so i asume are dead, i spoke to the lady who we got him from and she said he was wormed on saturday before we got there, does anyone know answers to these questions please as im a lot worried

can we get worms? (smithy is a loving 1 year old and has been sleeping next to us on our bed)

also if we can what on earth do i do?

thanks everyone xxxx

Link to CatChat