Author Topic: Loud sneezing!  (Read 1987 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Loud sneezing!
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 20:39:10 PM »
I did wonder if she'd inhaled something but, since the sneezing stopped, I don't think so.

Peggy C, that's exactly what I told her. But afterwards I wondered if it was something that I'd just never heard of, so I wanted to check.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 18:58:55 PM »
I agree, If it's occasional then it's like hunmas, some sneeze loudly, others don't.

My Beau has occasional very loud sneezes. His sound like a high pitched squeak (like Sweep from Sooty and Sweep) but is so loud it always makes us all jump.

In fact it was the lack of reaction to one of Beau's loud sneezes that alerted us to Pursley's deafness!

He's been doing this all his life, and now he's 13 things haven't changed at all, so we don't worry about him, it's just him  ;)

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 17:36:06 PM »
My darling Monty RIP  used to do this several times a year  It would happen once or twice then not agin for months  I eventually decideed that one of my neighbours had been spraying something in their garden  he never seemed ill and strangly none of my cats since have done it
I should tell her not to worry unless he shows other symptoms or keeps doing it reularly

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 16:54:10 PM »
Is there any chance that something foreign has got stuck?  A blade of grass perhaps that she is trying to dislodge?

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Loud sneezing!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 16:10:32 PM »
This is a bit of an odd one and I'm sure it's nothing weird but I thought I'd ask anyway.

A colleague asked me about this, she's a bit worried about her cat who started sneezing very loudly the other night. She's about a year old, and hasn't done it before (although she has sneezed "normally"). She (my colleague!) said it was so loud it sounded like a person sneezing!  :Crazy:

Kittie sneezed like this a few times and then was fine - I'm sure she just got some dust or something up her nose, which really irritated her. (Either that, or she's developed a skill which will one day make her famous on YouTube. :rofl:)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Link to CatChat