Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hi!
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 20:43:00 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 18:41:43 PM »
hi
welcome to Purrs
I have just been looking at all those beautifull cats on your site!

I think England has  many problems too, so many cats on the streets and as soon as they are caught some more replace them :scared:

education is the key i think...If the adults wont listen then go to the schools and hopefully eucate the next generation into helping our animals :shy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »
Feline Leukemia is something cats are vaccinated against in the UK and am not sure many would take on a cat with this.

Here is an article which may be too complicated for you too read. The last two sections near the bottom are most relevant to you I think. The testing info is based on a cat being in the UK so may not be available to you in Spain sadly.

A lot of research work is being done at Glasgow University

http://www.catchat.org/leukaemia.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »

Hello and welcome to Purrs.   :welcome:   Your English is very good.   ;D  Well done and good luck with your rescue work.  I think the position in many countries is bleak with regard to cat welfare, but it's great that people like you are doing their utmost to help and to try and educate people in order that cats can be looked after and cared for respectfully.

People do adopt cats here with leukemia - with all sorts of illness and disability.  Even if they only have a few weeks or days of care, it makes a difference to that cat, but as you say, many people don't understand what it means to take on the care of a cat with such an illness.  Many don't want to.   :( 

Melchor looks lovely.   :)  Good luck with finding him a new home.   :hug:

Offline esperanzafelina

• Kitten
  • Slave to: IRIS AND FRY
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 06:46:29 AM »
Could that be Leukemia in English?

yes, leukemia  :'(

in spain the leukemia cats have a dark future...or any future...
Very few people adopt them...

in england...the people want the leukemis cats? do they have any future?  :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 01:56:07 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Very pleased to have you here, it sounds like you do a great job of looking after the cats in your country. I hope you can find a home for Melchor  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 23:13:42 PM »
Could that be Leukemia in English?

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 23:03:56 PM »
Hiya Esperanza and  :welcome: to Purr's

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline esperanzafelina

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 20:49:58 PM »
thanks for the welcome!!! ( i used a translator to help me a little.... :innocent:)
We are a little cats shelter, we have around 20 cats, as we are few people we do as we can.. we would like to obtain more... by the moment in spain doesn´t exist any help to shelters...
we have people who help us to pay the shelter, the veterinary invoice ( as all shelter in spain... ) in our country only have thieves.. and the best is that they steal the money and doesn´t go to cell.. a pooey of country...
Still in Spain Help cat is seen badly.. a pity

by the moment, the black and white cat, is called Melchor becouse he arrived at my home 7 th january
He cames of a group of street cats, that we have caught and find homes to some cats and the other we have found villages ( to the cats that can´t be touch ) I feel frustrated because I cannot speak well  :Crazy:

He has in spanish, leucemia, i don´t know say it in english... is a contagious disease to cats if there is blod or bite.. ( in english???? ) so i have it separated of my cats , is very  very difficult to find a definitive home.. people doesn´t want to adopt cats with diseases.... ( Spain is diferent... >:(  )
Usually if a cat has this disease and is a street cat... is condemned to be sacrificed.. I want to find him a good home...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 19:53:44 PM »
Hola and  :welcome: to Purrs

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 19:38:05 PM »
Big  :welcome: to you and the cats. You're doing great work for the street cats!
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 19:00:52 PM »
hi and welcome - your english is very good! 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 18:57:49 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

That cat looks gorgeous and like a shorthaired version of my Misa when he first arrived and was terrified of everything.

I am sure loads have been to Spain and seen all the roaming cats and wish you all the best with your rescue.

Its really good to exchange ideas and information and hope you are able to post on Purrs regularily.

Your english is brilliant compared to my Spanish which is just si  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline esperanzafelina

• Kitten
Hi!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 18:24:15 PM »
Hi from Spain!! :nice meet:

I´m new here  ;D

My english is a little bad , sorry.. i´m writting from spain, we are a cat shelter , esperanza felina in north Spain.

Our web for if you want to know us www.esperanzafelina.com
You will be able to know our cats   :puppy:
I have visited this forum some times and have made some buys in zooplus from your site.

We admire other countries as yours, for the treatment towards the animals, Spain still has much to learn , we fight to get it. Here, the cats are the big unknow ... and we see big barbarities, for example, the  Madrid´s mayor, is killing all the street cats... a lot of people that are keeping of them are seeing how the are dying , they can´t do nothing.. we are fighting to finish it.....  :(

I hope be able to write often if my english let me do it

This cat I have caught it from the street,  he is very afraid of all...now i´m trying to educate him, I have two own cats , Iris and Fray.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Link to CatChat