Author Topic: Please help rehome 9 year old Molly - Kent / London (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Please help rehome 9 year old Molly - Kent / London (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 19:40:47 PM »
As there have been no updates I'll move this to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Please help rehome 9 year old Molly - Kent / London
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 07:06:06 AM »
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline jayykayy

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 12:24:35 PM »
Yes, it is asthma related. I'll look into air purifiers.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:20:46 PM »
Is the allergy asthma related? If so the air purifier will be worth a try. You might want to go a step further and invest in a vacuum with HEPA filters. 

Offline jayykayy

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »
Thank you for the advice! I would love it if there is a way we can keep Molly...

I have ordered the petal cleanse. Do you think an air purifier is a good idea? I don't mind about the cost if it will help.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:06:42 PM »
Just wanted to say the advantage of going through the shelter is they will do home checks, which is something that it would be hard to insist on for someone that doesn't have an organisation behind them. Then you would know your cat was getting a good home. 

I adopted my cats last year and had to sign to agree to return them if I ever couldn't look after them.

Good luck hope you find Molly a good home.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
Hi Jayykayy and  :welcome:

Sorry you found us in this way. I think you could ask the rescue she came from anyway as they may well have a home lined up waiting for someone just like Molly. You can tell them she needs to stay with you until a home comes up, though? Then you effectively become her fostermum.

We got Sam this way - he was eight years old when we took him over, but his family had allowed him to stay with them until we came along, and he was advertised by the local rescue on the usual Catchat pages.

Please don't be too quick to reject this option, many cats are re-homed this way.

Meanwhile, try some pet allergy wipes on Molly and your baby (pets at Home do a very good one, on offer at the moment) , and around the home with Petalcleanse to minimise the allergens and make life more bearable for the humans involved.

Good luck - I wish you and Molly all success.  :hug:

Offline jayykayy

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:35:14 AM »
I don't think a 9 year old will be near the front of the queue for adoption - I'm not prepared to put her back in the shelter where she may have to spend months / years, without trying to find her a good home first.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 10:31:39 AM »
usually yes, its worth contacting them to check

Offline jayykayy

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
They prefer to take cats back than to have them successfully re-housed by owners??
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:29:33 AM by jayykayy »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Please help rehome our cat - Kent / London
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
have you contacted the shelter she came from, ususally they prefer cats to be returned to them

Offline jayykayy

• Kitten
Please help rehome 9 year old Molly - Kent / London (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:43 AM »
I hope someone can help us to find a new home for our cat, Molly.

She is nine years old and we have had her since she was one (we got her from a shelter after she was rescued from a house with 140 cats!)

We love having her but unfortunately our 15 month old son is allergic to her and we have been unable to manage his allergies, so we need to find her a new home. She is very loving and will always sit on our laps in the evening, but is happy to be independent during the day. She is good with children and has an excellent nature - an all-round fantastic cat! She's also healthy, neutered and up to date with vaccinations.

She has been an only cat since her sister went missing around five years ago and I think she would prefer to stay that way, but I'm sure she would get used to living with another cat as long as it wasn't a big bossy one (she is very small!) She was a house cat for many years but now will venture a few feet into the garden on warm days - she's definitely not an 'out all night' cat.

We live in Orpington so a Kent / London house would be ideal, but we would be happy to take her further to the right home.

Can anybody please help?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 19:40:12 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat