Author Topic: Cats and Ticks  (Read 2251 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Cats and Ticks
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 19:12:15 PM »
 :thanks: ;D

Offline saddie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Theo
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »
Alisonandarchie glad you found it interesting.....

Our Tick Bite Prevention Week has now launched and we are running a competition on Monday till Friday...each day there will be two questions on our Facebook page and our Twitter page. You can only answer one set of questions...but you could win an O'Tom Tick Twister and Mosi Guard...or a money off voucher.....Terms and conditions are on our Facebook page....

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 18:51:49 PM »
Great, will have a look ;D

Offline saddie

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 13:13:58 PM »
That's Tick Bite Prevention Week started today.....if you keep an eye out on our Facebook and Twitter pages we are having a competition each day....you have to answer two questions, and the first two correct answers will win prizes.... ;D

Offline saddie

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
We use Programme injections on our cats and Program Plus tablets on our dogs and ahve no issue with ticks at all, we live in a rural location and have Deer in the garden and paddock and Sheep on 2 sides so they have access to ticks

The ticks turn grey after latching on and fall off, we have used this this treatment for overy 15 years and find it works for us

As a charity we can only recommend products licensed for the contol of ticks, and program isn't...but sounds like it works for you, sounds fab for fleas saves having to treat them more regularly... ;)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 15:45:50 PM »
We use Programme injections on our cats and Program Plus tablets on our dogs and ahve no issue with ticks at all, we live in a rural location and have Deer in the garden and paddock and Sheep on 2 sides so they have access to ticks

The ticks turn grey after latching on and fall off, we have used this this treatment for overy 15 years and find it works for us
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline saddie

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 15:20:31 PM »
Hi my name is Lisa and I am a volunteer for BADA-UK, for our Tick Bite Prevention Week we are trying to access as many forums as possible, and let people know more about ticks. We are all about awareness. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them as quicky as possible, but I am covering many sites. If there is something important you need to know you can either contact us on our website www.bada-uk.org or have a look on the site as we have loads of information on it. We are also on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for your time. :thanks:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 21:36:20 PM »
I found the info in the links very interesting.

Many thanks for posting ;D

Offline saddie

• Kitten
Cats and Ticks
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 09:25:24 AM »
Hi all,

Cats are equally at risk from ticks as humans and can be severely affected by Lyme disease and other tick-associated infections such as Bartonellosis.

Tick Bite Prevention Week, supported by Mosi-guard Naturalâ„¢, runs from 26 March-1 April 2012, is an annual programme that helps promote awareness of tick-borne diseases and effective tick-bite prevention for at-risk groups, including pet owners and their animals.

Several types of ticks are commonly found on dogs and cats in the UK. The sheep tick (also known as the deer tick or wood tick) and the hedgehog tick are the most common to attach to dogs and cats in the UK, and both commonly transmit Lyme disease to people and domestic animals. The British dog tick, kennel tick and marsh tick are also known to transmit Canine Lyme disease.

A dedicated pets section has been launched offering advice on what to do if bitten and how to stay protected in the warmer months at www.tickbitepreventionweek.org.

Link to CatChat