Author Topic: What do these actions mean??  (Read 2888 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: What do these actions mean??
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 08:05:39 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

I was shocked Nuggie "no Mates" was there  :rofl:

I like the idea of a cat parliment  :) :)
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 00:38:32 AM »
I saw it in London where there were loads of cats but Kocka didnt take part  :rofl:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 23:49:05 PM »
I think your right Funkie C
Slinky's nose is definitely out of Joint and is peeved there is another Cat who looks like Him in His territory  >:(
I Still don't think that Stretchy Rob was being aggressive, But there was no way He was going to back down
to a Hissing Growling Cat  :shify:

After all............ You Don't get ears like Stretchy's from Running away  :sneaky: I still feel sorry for Slinky tho  :(
After all it is Him that is Being aggressive, and what I have seen ( Stretchy Rob is Pretty chilled out when other
cat's are in the Garden, I've seen 4 different ones so far  :shocked: ) and He ain't bothered  8)

I was shocked myself the other morning tho, I was in the Living room at 5:30am with Stretchy Rob sitting next to
me when all of a sudden He started Growling like Mad  >:( He was looking out of the window at the time
I looked out and saw this Big Labradoodle having a dump at the roadside ( The Owner NEVER cleans it up  >:( )
But I think it would be safe to say that He doesn't like Dogs  :evillaugh:

Seems like Stretchy is happy to share his Garden on the firm understanding that it is HIS garden, he is BOSS and if Twin Slinky wishes to pass through, he is to abide by the rules  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: I sense that Slinky will accept this and just take his down grade in social status on the shoulders  :)

Oh yes - sounds like Stretchy isnt best pleased with this Labradoodle who leaves poo all over his territory  :evillaugh:
its quite scary when they growl! Nuggie first did it when he was about one - i'd just moved and lived on my own...I had palpitations wondering what he could hear that i couldnt  :rofl: I'd never heard anything like it in my life! LOL

If all the cats are roughly sitting in a circle, its called a cats parliament and a very common thing. It roughly equates to the place where all their territories meet.  ;D

really?  ;D ;D never heard of it or seen that before and so fascinating!!....I think a few would do well in our Parliment  :evillaugh:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 15:53:13 PM »
If all the cats are roughly sitting in a circle, its called a cats parliament and a very common thing. It roughly equates to the place where all their territories meet.  ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 10:38:36 AM »
I think your right Funkie C
Slinky's nose is definitely out of Joint and is peeved there is another Cat who looks like Him in His territory  >:(
I Still don't think that Stretchy Rob was being aggressive, But there was no way He was going to back down
to a Hissing Growling Cat  :shify:

After all............ You Don't get ears like Stretchy's from Running away  :sneaky: I still feel sorry for Slinky tho  :(
After all it is Him that is Being aggressive, and what I have seen ( Stretchy Rob is Pretty chilled out when other
cat's are in the Garden, I've seen 4 different ones so far  :shocked: ) and He ain't bothered  8)

I was shocked myself the other morning tho, I was in the Living room at 5:30am with Stretchy Rob sitting next to
me when all of a sudden He started Growling like Mad  >:( He was looking out of the window at the time
I looked out and saw this Big Labradoodle having a dump at the roadside ( The Owner NEVER cleans it up  >:( )
But I think it would be safe to say that He doesn't like Dogs  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:40:29 AM by Stuart »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 22:28:09 PM »
Seems like Stretchy was standing his ground and declaring "this here gardens mine!" whilst Slinky (who, has thus far enjoyed your garden for himself) has been threatening to steal it back. Stretchy, clearly wasnt having this and probably knew that Slinky was just all stance and fluffed up fur and he had nothing to fear in getting his own way  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Nuggie, being all Black just has a complex against all other Cats and is carrying the Racist Victim on his shoulder, i think  :rofl: he has scared me a few times when he growls like a dog and flings himself at the patio doors, should any cat dare enter his garden! He then must be set free to chase this intruder - of which he fluffs up to 10x his body size, walks sideways like a crab, makes strange noises and kinks his tale  :rofl:
The strangest thing i ever saw was all resident cats in the Cul-de-sac sat in "circle" yowling and talking to each other last summer. I dont know whether this was a compromise in the sharing of the street or just a neighbourhood watch meeting....who knows  :evillaugh:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline SuzynCora

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Cora
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 19:24:30 PM »
My previous furbabe, Charlie, used to do that.  He would walk up to other cats dead casual, all firendly, then when he got up to the he'd pounce and give them a hiding.  Then he'd stroll away all super-cool.  Charlie was racist too, hated all brown cats, torties and tabbies.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 16:25:29 PM »
Ears back is usually fear with agressive motive to defend themselves but usually dont attack unless attacked.

I was terrified one day  when Misa was first here aqs put on my hat to go out and he got back on his hounches flattenen his ears and growled showing his teeth...........I really thought he was going to attack me.

I took the hat off quick and he jsut relaxed................he had a very bad start in life and think he thought the hat was previous owner.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 13:02:20 PM »
Oooooooh, yes I re read! Maybe Slinky was scared and did defensive/aggressive to compensate. My tabby boy is always fighting with the fat tabby from up the street (twice the size of my boy) and always comes off worst but still hasn't learnt to steer clear. Usually ends up with both of them yowling at my back door, Ted "hiding" under the table yet becoming suddenly heroic when I appear!  The other fella scarpers quick enough then!   :rofl: I imagine if Slinky was gonna have a go, he'd have done it! They don't seem to be fans of restraint!
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »
Ahhhh but it seems to be Slinky that's coming across as the Aggressor  :sneaky:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »
 :rofl:  Sounds like Stretchy Rob may have been playing nice coz u were watching! In my house, I have a long hair calico and a short hair ginger/white. I'm convinced Marmalade (calico) is racist coz she grrs and 'goes big' at Crystal (the little ginger) and Crystal grrs and hisses back! Perhaps Stretchy Rob has an issue with other tabbies!
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
What do these actions mean??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 08:51:00 AM »
Ok Peeps, here's one for you
We have started letting Stretchy Rob supervised outings in the Garden
He has been pretty good and hasn't really wandered
Now Initially, Local Hoodlum " Slinky " another Tabby from two houses away ( almost get them mixed up as they are almost
Identical from first Glance ) Chased Stretchy Rob right out of the Garden  :shocked: but since He has been confined to house
arrest for over 2 week's He is Obviously now well settled and looks at the Garden as His Territory...
Funny thing is, He is Not Bothered by Ginger Bob or another new Furbabe Kitten that has just appeared for the First time
this morning, Think the Slaves Of Ginger Bob may have another new Furbabe as the have Cat's And Dogs.....

anyway, down to the nitty gritty, Slinky came round this morning and there was a slight confrontation ( in My Eye's, mainly
from Slinky who is slightly smaller ) who spent the whole time gurring and Hissing  :doh: Stretchy Rob on the other hand
Did not run away this time, and instead Kept advancing Towards Slinky  :-: not hissing or gurring

the bit I am confused about is .... Was Stretchy being aggressive with Slinky ?? Like I said Slinky was non stop Gurring and
Hissing, while Stretchy Rob was like being more Vocal, but not gutteral meows, sounded more like normal meows to me
Slinky was in a Defensive posture, while Stretchy Rob would just keep advancing, Grabbing a sneaky sniff now and then
But then every so Often He would Look away as tho to say, I'm not really bothered you are there :innocent:

I ended the confrontation by Taking Stretchy Rob back inside

Question is, do you think that Stretchy was trying to be friendly?? Yes sometimes his tail was Low and Wagging with Ears
right back when he was getting real close, but he was not taking a stand off defensive posture, whereas Slinky was

What do you folks think ???
Is Stretchy Rob a Talker and not a Fighter??
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:54:25 AM by Stuart »

Link to CatChat