Re: hi
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 17:37:38 PM »
I hope that maybe in the next cycle she improves  :hug: :hug:

Offline mrs P

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Smokey (desceased)
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 17:33:08 PM »
I believe its asthma that runs in 7 year cycles and at each anniversary on the 7th year things can change, sometimes it just vanishes but of course it can also get worse or stay static.

I wonder if two years ago was a 7th year?

well she was diagnosed at 3 and is now 11 so i do belive you are correct gill  :wow: ;D i was hoping it would go but it became very agressive to the point of her stopping breathing and collapsing outside in aug 2010 she had to be resucitated very scary, she's has to have loratadine in the summer months too for hayfever as that starts it off too  :( xxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 17:27:10 PM »
I believe its asthma that runs in 7 year cycles and at each anniversary on the 7th year things can change, sometimes it just vanishes but of course it can also get worse or stay static.

I wonder if two years ago was a 7th year?

Offline mrs P

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 15:57:19 PM »
:welcome: to Purrs and so sorry to hear about Smokey..........I will add him to the Roll of Honour for last year and give you the link  :hug: :hug: What a handsome boy .

If your daughter is asthmatic how could she manage to live with Smokey but not another cat.

I have a sister who is asthmatic and is very bad in a house with cats and she had to rushing out for her inhalwer after being only 5 mins in my house...............mind you she has problems with lots of stuff and all furry or feathered animals.

Thank you gill for adding him and thanks to everyone for your kind words
i asked the doctor the same thing about my daughters asthma he did a blood test to check for allergies and said it was off the page for cat dander  :( i dont get it i really dont, but her asthma has got worse the last 2 years she's been rushed to high dependancy 6 times  :( i've been searching the internet to see if there is anyway around it all but the only way we can see for my daughters health is no cats or dogs or furry friends at all  :(

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 15:15:46 PM »
 :welcome:  to Purrs x
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 13:51:15 PM »
Here is the link  :hug: :hug:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,35234.0.html

I forgot to say you are welcome here as Purrs is for all people who love cats  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 13:47:41 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and so sorry to hear about Smokey..........I will add him to the Roll of Honour for last year and give you the link  :hug: :hug: What a handsome boy .

If your daughter is asthmatic how could she manage to live with Smokey but not another cat.

I have a sister who is asthmatic and is very bad in a house with cats and she had to rushing out for her inhalwer after being only 5 mins in my house...............mind you she has problems with lots of stuff and all furry or feathered animals.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
A very warm  :welcome: to Purrs Jay.  Very glad you have joined us.

Smokey was a very handsome boy  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  So very sorry for your loss and can imagine how big a void he has left behind him  :(.  Must be very difficult for you not being able to have a cat around the house.  Some might think we have a tad too many with 8 (still can't believe it myself to be honest; not sure how it happened but we only had two before I came to Purrs  :innocent:  :evillaugh: )

Hope you hand around  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:19:27 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Jay

Sorry to hear about your loss, Smokey was a very handsome boy  :hug:

Have you ever considered volunteering at your local cat rescue? That way you could get your cat 'fix' without affecting your daughters health.

Offline mrs P

• Adult Cat
hi
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:56:48 AM »
hello my names jay, i dont own a cat anymore my boy smokey sadly past away last october he was 16 i'd had him for 8 years he was a rescue cat, he had a very angry tuma come up within a week  :( everything was very sudden, i cant have another cat my daughter is asthmatic and attacks are triggered by cat dander and all furry animals, smokey would never be replaced he couldnt be but i am very lonely without a friend, my husband and daughter are great but cant fill the void smokey left, i hope you all dont mind me joining it's nice to see pictures of other peoples cats and the love they bring to you all xxx thank you jay x

Link to CatChat