Author Topic: Please Help im unsure of how to do this...Its gone all wrong?!  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Please Help im unsure of how to do this...Its gone all wrong?!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 23:43:08 PM »
Have also posted on the other thread and every time someone posts on it, if you press the View all unread posts at the top, and the thread will appear there.

You can also buy something from Pats at Home to get rid of the smell.

:hug: :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 21:50:08 PM »
Your welcome hun.  I posted this on your other thread as well.  It might be useful  ;)

Cleaning soiled areas

Whether a genuine accident or not, once the cat has urinated or defecated at a particular location its sensitive nose will encourage it to use that place as a regular toilet. The best way to break the habit is to keep the cat away from the area as long as possible, remove any smell that the cat can detect and change the geography of the location by using pieces of furniture to block access. Wash the area with a 10% solution of biological or enzymatic washing powder and then rinse with cold water and allow to dry. Spray the area (using a plant mister) with surgical spirit, scrub and leave to dry. You may want to try a small area first on delicate fabrics. Petfresh (Urine-off) Urine Stain and Odour Remover is a particularly effective product to remove residual odours; this can be purchased from your local veterinary surgery. Carpet is extremely absorbent and the urine often penetrates the full thickness of the carpet to the flooring underneath. If the area is badly soiled over a long period it may be necessary to cut out the section of carpet and underlay and treat the concrete or floorboards underneath before replacing.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
  • May the angels carry you always xx
  • Slave to: rip smudge.... and daisy
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 20:12:22 PM »
Thanks sam your a star xx

I think ive posted this on here somewhere else too  :Crazy: im not with it at the moment ...

Will def keep them apart.Ill also check out the links.

Thanks for taking the time to post them to me xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 20:06:29 PM »
Becky,

I would not try introducing Daisy and Patch again until Patch has been neutered .... and even then it'll probably be best to leave it a week or so.  He is full of hormones and all fired up and if Daisy is a timid girl she will naturally run away from from a stinky tom and this will trigger his chase reflex.

The following links may be of help:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,22273.0.html

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4789.0.html

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4916.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
  • May the angels carry you always xx
  • Slave to: rip smudge.... and daisy
Please Help im unsure of how to do this...Its gone all wrong?!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 19:14:18 PM »
Hi guys,

Last week my beautiful feline soul mate Smudge passed away (he was killed by a dog, my story smudge-taken so cruelly is in the catagory rainbow bridge)

Anyway my friend works for social housing and they had this abbandoned cat Patch. To cut a long story short I have taken him on in my home.

He came on friday and on friday I put him in my conservatory to be left alone and to relax/find his paws.

Over the last couple of days I have let him slowly roam the house but always left the conservatory open so he can always go back to his !"quiet space" to chill out etc. We dont go in this room.

He has seemed pretty confident but hes started to wee everywhere? Is this normal? He was left abandoned and even though he did have a litter tray I doubt it was cleaned? Also he hasnt been done yet (vet said I need to wait two weeks for him to be settled) could this be a reason?

He does have a litter tray and has been using it but then he is doing this??

Also I am just devestated with what happened too. I have another cat Daisy who is extremely timmid and I wanted to introduce them very very slowly. They have seen each other through glass doors and last night I let them have supervised meet and greet time which seemed ok.

Today though as I have let Daisy in im not sure whats happened but Patch has got out and chased her and they have just had a fight ;0( I could cry especially with the week I have just had with Smudge  :(

I never meant for this to happen....They both do seem ok after the scrap? I have put Patch back in the conservatory and shut the door but Daisy I have just left as she is just so timmid I wont even catch her.

Please,please can you give me any advice to help things run smoothly. This is so new to me as Smudge and Daisy were best friends and Im devestated my baby is gone but I would like to give Patch a place in our home.

Thanks xx

Link to CatChat