Author Topic: Beautiful, Sweet Poppy needs a home - Homed  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Beautiful, Sweet Poppy needs a home - Homed
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 15:16:31 PM »
As Poppy has now been  'homed' will move this now  :)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 15:22:18 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Best of luck homing Poppy, everything crossed for her, she is a sweetie  :Luv:

(Sorry I would have posted the direct homing link here or even on CC had I known you didn't have it - which is what I usually do, but presumed you'd already had the info as I know you been posting about your Poppy on CC for a while now and that's usually the general advice given over there too   :hug: )

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maxinecat

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Star, Layla, Maxine, Nicholas and Poppy
Oh, okay ... sorry for being a bit slow with that one!

I would be happy to donate as well though. Finding the right home for Poppy means everything to me ....

Thanks for the link!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
It depends on the individual rescue concerned but I think it works along the lines of they introduce the potential home to you (perhaps if someone was looking for a particular age/sex/colour/temperament cat that they didn't have and Poppy fitted the bill) so you would have the final say in whether she was rehomed to the new owner after a homecheck.

With regards the donation, I was thinking more along the lines of the new owners making a donation the rescue who helped rehome her.

This link explains how it would normally work: http://www.catchat.org/direct.html

Offline maxinecat

• Kitten
Thank you for your advice and I will approach local rescues for direct homing as I do not want her to go in to a cattery situation; only thing is though will I have any say then in to who she is re-homed to? I was hoping to be able to check out a possible new home myself and if possible keep in touch with her new owner/s?

She is a beautiful cat and I want to do the very best for her that I can.

I would be more than happy to make a donation to any rescue that could help though.

Thank you for updating my title as well. Much appreciated.

Kate and Poppy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
 :welcome: to Purrs Maxinecat, sorry it's not under happier circumstances  :hug:

Really hope Poppy can find that perfect home ASAP, she's very beautiful  :Luv2: It might be worth approaching your local rescues to see if they would consider a 'direct rehoming', this is basically where they 'advertise' Poppy on their website as needing a home but she would be homed directly from your home to the new owners (after homecheck). You could specify that a donation went to the rescue concerned.

P.S I've edited the title for you to show the area where she is looking for a home.

Offline maxinecat

• Kitten
Beautiful, Sweet Poppy needs a home - Homed
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 14:46:22 PM »
After posting on Cat Health and Behaviour today I am writing this through tears as I have come to the heartbreaking decision to try and re-home Poppy, the most sweet natured, beautiful, loving, grateful little cat I have had ever had the fortune to come across.

After taking her in as a stray 3 months ago and after trying to integrate her with some degree of success I'm afraid the tables have turned and she is now being 'chased out' effectively by one of my older female cats. I feel like she is being bullied now and she has also started to become scared of my other 3 cats who up to now have not had any issues.

This was the last thing I wanted to do and was very willing to try all the advice given today but after arriving home from work and seeing how unhappy Poppy is in the spare room and how stressed my cats are I feel it is unfair to continue.

So here goes, I promised Poppy I would do my best to find her the home she needs and deserves;

She is approximately 20 months old, white and ginger shorthair. She was spayed 3 months ago after being trapped - previously to this she had given birth to some kittens on some of my land - and has not had the best start in life.

She has not yet been microchipped or vaccinated as she has not been outside but has had some access to a cat proof garden which she enjoys.

She is now fully wormed (it has taken me 3 months to finally get rid of them all) and is flea treated.

She is kind, gentle, trusting and likes people but is nervous in new surroundings and doesn't like noise. She is very playful and energetic and I have bought her a play cube, play tunnel, Catit Rollercoaster Track and a wand toy all of which she loves and will go with her to a new home.

She has Classic tinned food and dry food but has a sensitive tummy sometimes so the sensitive dry foods are best suited to her.

She loves company and attention but as of yet is not a lap cat so somone who is home most of the day would be ideal. She would like a quiet environment with lots of love and she likes to be played with too.

She has been sleeping on my bed at night and likes to be warm but unfortunately that has to end because of the agression shown by my other female cat.

As a result of this she would be better, I feel as an only cat or with a kitten for company. She does not like dogs.

I live in West Yorkshire but will travel a reasonable distance if it is the right home for Poppy. Will also home check etc.

I will try to upload a photo but if anyone would like to know anything more then please email me kate_75@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you and please help her if you can, she deserves so much more than spending her days in a spare room. Thank you xx
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 18:14:49 PM by maxinecat »

Link to CatChat