Author Topic: RIP Smudge-Taken from me so cruelly...You were too beautiful to deserve this x  (Read 10980 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
oh I'm so pleased that Patch is sneaking his way into your heart  :Luv2: :Luv2: intros will go well too and once settled. i'm sure, Daisy may assert Top Cat, or even just be happy letting Patch take the lead...she'll do whatever she's comfortable with  :)

You will grieve in your own way and in your own time  :hug:

Like SueP & Gill i often cry for Tazi, from a tear to a full sobbing breakdown and I also have his photos on my pc, my profile pic and in the house with his statue & ashes (it sounds more of a shrine than it is!)
 :shify: which I do speak to or tell him i miss him so  :shify: I regularly post him messages on his Rainbow Bridge Post and he even has his own Facebook Page (from prior to loosing him) but i cant bring myself to delete anything. I cant bare to even change my profile pictures or anything like that.
I also do wonder what he'd make of Peanut and I know he'd have him whipped into shape and he's have been good friends with him - knowing his approval makes me know i did right :)

But theres no timescale or any pressure and you just have to deal with things when you're ready  :Luv2: :Luv2:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.

Gill's right - everyone grieves in their own way, and I don't think it's that you're pushing Smudge out of your mind.  What you're really rejecting is the manner of his death.   :hug: 

We lost Paddy in April last year.  I still get teary eyed thinking about him, but now it's in a good way, and I often think "wonder what Paddy would make of young Macbeenz?"  I expect he'd have had a fair old bit to say about "disrespeck'ful yoof" and "der yung wiffersnaffers" and other things but I think on the whole he'd approve.  Smudge will be pleased Daisy has some company, even if it's not quite up to the standard of her old playmate.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Its never too late to grieve and every person is different, I have always had Napoleon as the opening picture on my lap top and just love to see him everyday.

Kocka my first cat is the same on my old laptop but also her picture sits by the pc so I could see her every day too.

Dont worry everything will sort itself out in your head when your head and heart are ready  :hug: :hug:

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
  • May the angels carry you always xx
  • Slave to: rip smudge.... and daisy
 :thanks:

Im glad your finding good things too  regards to your fur babies xx

If im on my own smudge is always the first in my mind. I said to my husband i think im pushing him out as im probably frightened ill just totally break down? I still havnt been out to his grave and I pass his picture without looking at it. I do wonder what my mind is doing sometimes but Im hoping i will grieve properly before its too late. I do feel like the whole situation hasnt even sunk in yet? I dont know but I suppose im happy Patch is here as he is taking my mind of things if i need too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Wow I still get weepy over Napoleon and it will be a year in May, you are doing very well  :hug: :hug:

I am so pleased that you love Patch for being himself and must admit I love my norty one too and Lupin is just crazy lol.

Yes its best to let Daisy she is much loved and as much the top cat as she wants to be, the only cat that stops Lupin in his tracks is my one girl the tortie Sasa  :innocent:

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Hi and thanks for all your lovely best wishes!

Happy valentines by the way everyone! Im spreading the love today lol.

I have felt so much better about things this week. I still get weepy at night over smudge but I am slowly starting to smile to when i think of him.

Patch is being neautered next tues and I have to say im glad as I can then introduce him and Daisy to each other properly.....

He is so cute and I cant even begin to tell you how much I love his purr. It is so deep and very loud lol.

He is a fun cat and once properly settled in he will fit in perfect I know. I just hope Daisy settles with him as she is the origional cat of the two and I dont want to feel like im pushing her out but becasue she is so timmid and runs away when I even go near her (always done this) so I dont want her to be frightened of Patch .

Im going to get a crate to introduce them....Patch in the crate I think as this will give Daisy the freedom to come near when shes ready xxx

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
Patch is gorgeous...and he looks mighty settled in  ;D ;D  :Luv2: :Luv2:

I at call my 2 Tazi at least twice a day!! :doh: :doh: it just slips out! lol Peanut is oblivious - but Nuggie sometimes looks behind him etc. Still looks  :shy: but nice Nuggie hasnt forgotten him either

And Peanut has so many characteristics of Tazi, it makes me smile and at times it makes me just think about him alot. But also Peanut is very much his own quirky thing and i dont think i'd want him exactly the same. I purposely wanted a completely different colour too, but thats cos i didnt want to resent it for NOT being the same  :shy: :shy: but Peanut is a cheeky chappy and i'm pleased he's here, wouldnt change him for anything  ;D ;D
my nana calls me every person she knows before she finally gets to my name. I just object when she calls me Colin - cos thats not even close!!  :rofl:
Hope intros go well!!
 :hug: :hug:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
If he's on his own why not treat him to a yeoww cat nip toy from the shop  ;) ... he;ll be your friend forever after that. http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/best-cat-toys/cat-toys-catnip-etc
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Patch will never replace Smudge in your heart.   :hug:  However, what he will do, given space and time, is to knit his own way in to your love, and he will be as unique an individual as Smudge was.  And Smudge will not judge you - cats are better than that.   :hug:

He looks gorgeous by the way.   :Luv:  And hey - we lost Paddy in April last year, yet unfortunately at times we still forget and call MacBeenz MacSquee "Paddy" by mistake.  He doesn't care, and Paddy doesn't mind, and we're gradually learning to forgive our occasional lapses.  You will too.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
He's a lovely boy  :Luv2: I'm sure Smudge would be very proud that you had room left in your heart to take Patch in at such an upsetting time. Patch looks like the cat that got the cream and then some!  :)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Patch looks wonderful  ;D ;D

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thanks Gill,

Today really has been lovely and I think he will make a great addition, He actually has so many things similar to smudge too! I know I shouldnt compare especially so soon but I actually called him Smudge before as I just forgot who is was they were/are that similar.Is that wrong?

Thanks again for your advice this site has been the best!

xxx

Ive also posted my first picture ever of Patch........I kind of feel im ready and I think Smudge would approve xx

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Yes he will be fine, how about trying a radio on quietly in his room, classical probably best music or people talking.

As long as he has company on and off and play times he will be Ok.  :hug: :hug:

So pleased you had a good day with him and my late Napoleon had a lovely deep purr, gorgeous sound  ;D

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thanks hun xx

Today has been a lovely day with Patch, Ive had a good play with him and I have to say he made me giggle. He also has this amazing purr which is so deep and I love the sound already!!

I have to say I think Patch def will find a way in my heart but It will take take as my guilt for Smudge is also pushing him out.

Patch is booked in to be neutered on the 21st feb, but hes still locked in the rooms.

Is it ok for Patch to be locked away that long?

I am going in and giving him a stroke etc every so often xxx

Thanks xx

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
You will miss Smudge for a long time very deeply and even after that fades a bit you are likely to have bad days then bad times...........he will always be in your heart  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Patch will be fine once he is neutered and the household has time to settle......have seen your other thread and am sure he will worm his way into your heart..........just take things slowly and allow time to do its healing  :hug: :hug:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
 :hug: :hug: Little Smudge will be waiting for when you collect him on your way xx  :hug:

I dont think you ever get over the 'shoulda, coulda, woulda' and the guilt, even when theres none to bare...  :'( but with him brought good times and pride you had such a wonderful fur-babe  :)

Your new addition will work their way into heart.....mine did. It took a while and many many tears, but they have that knack of getting in there and for all the good reasons xx

:hug: :hug:

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
awwww thanks for that sam  :hug:

That has just brought tears to my eyes xxxx I hope he is resting peacefully in the arms of an Angel xxxxx

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :hug: :thanks: :thanks:

xxx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
RiP Smudge ... play hard at the bridge little man.  Watch over your Mummy as she misses you so much xxx

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thanks guys xxx

I miss him so much words cant describe and I hate how I cant turn back time. I also wished it was snowing last week as I know smudge wouldnt have even gone out on that day ;0(

Im feeling a little worse now as my new adopted cat and daisy have just had a fight. This wasnt meant to happen and I hate myself for not being careful.

I wish smudge was here as I would be cudding up to him and we would be keeping each other warm. Instead Im worrying what to do with Patch and Daisy? ive never had a problem like a cat fight before. Ive posted a thread in cat behaviour too.

I know its early and it will take take but im not sure if Iwas ready anyway to take on a new cat? I miss smudge too much and I keep looking at patch wishing it was him and I then feel guilty for doing that! xx

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
oh my  :'( i am so sorry for your loss Becky xx I cant even imagine how that must have felt and it is my worst nightmare  :'( i am pleased that the police are taking it seriously and hopefully it will give Smudge a little bit of justice xx

Here is probably not the best place to express my feelings about "Status Dogs" who's behaviour, unfortunately, is at the hands of their dimwitt owners.
An old neighbours staffie ran in my house some years ago and had my cat cornered jumping around the bathroom. They even had the brass neck to knock on my door sometime later and ask for the telephone number of the vets because my cat had (quite badly actually) lacerated his legs. At this point I didnt even know the condition of Nuggie as he had ran off and i couldnt find him. Sadly this dog was a stupid puppy, who was confined to a garden and was over excited and boisterous because they actually gave it attention. Its the owners that should be put to sleep!!

Anyway, I am sending you hugs and I hope they prosecute the dog owner - like you said it could so easily have been a child xx  :hug: :hug:

Goodnight, God Bless Smudge xx xx The babies at the Bridge will look after you till Mammy gets there xx xx

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

Becky, here's sending you lots of hugs for your kindness in taking on Patch, and because you're hurting so much about Smudge.    :hug: :hug:  :hug: :hug:   Sending a snoozle to Daisy too, and hoping she adores her new friend.   :)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
That is wonderful you taking Patch and really hopes it works very well, Smudge will be watching all the high jinks  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sad about his little friend though.

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Hello Becky and   :welcome:  to Purrs

I have just read your thread from start to finish and I really feel for you, your children and the dreadful way that Smudge was taken from you.  This happened to one of our forum members a few years ago, when a dog ran into the house (the door was open) and attacked the cat (Jasmine).  Jasmine was not killed but severely injured -  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4384.300.html
there are similarities with what happened to Smudge although I appreciate that you may not want to read about Jasmine at this point.

Really pleased that you have found it in your heart to welcome Patch into the family - well done you - Patch will be forever grateful for the better life that you can provide for him.

I believe you are on Facebook - have you joined Purrs on Facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/groups/91388455703/
Would be really great to see you there    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
I think you have all our blessings, Becky.
I hope you feel this is with Smudge's blessing also.  :'(  :hug: :)

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Hi Mymblesdaughter,

Thank you so much for the link Ill check that out xxx

Very much appreciated xxx

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thasnks so much for your replies. xxxx Tonight has been a very eventful and extremely emotional evening.....

The beautiful cat is called patch and I have to say he is adorable. He came this afternoon and I went in a few times and he was purring away the whole time.

My friend texted me tonight too to say that his upbringing was just terrible (she didnt want to say today as her colleage was with her). He lived in a house full of drug dealers/takers who had constant parties and he was swung about and nearly thrown out of a second storey flat window. This abuse was given to him and his other feline friend (who sadly will have to put up with much more of this torture as they took her with them)..........

I have done the sensible thing and I took him to the vet to get him checked out. I was in floods of tears while I was there as it brought so much back to me about smudge and the guilt was unbearable to deal with. Everyone was so kind though. It didnt help that a woman was holding her dog saying oh look a kitty, look at that kitty. It wasnt that womens fault but under the circumstances regarding smudge it was too raw and painful ;0(.

The vet checked out patch and he is perfect and the sweet thing is the whole time he kept cuddling into me :0). He is older being 8 months rather than 6 but the fact that he seems so sweet and kind and in good health after all he has been through....................... I have decided to keep him. It may seem to soon but for some reason I feel its right xxx

Cats protection are over the moon too as they say I have done an extremely kind thing? ( I was in contact with them just in case it was too much)I just think thats what aminal lovers do?

I really feel smudge has sent him to me because I feel smudge always knew he was loved unconditionally no matter what (smudge was taken too young and supposingly he had a bad start too)

I promise you now, him and daisy will have the best lives I can give them , I just wish smudge was here too, but I know he'll be guideing me through their upbringing pointing me in the right direction ;0( xxx

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
We took Sylvester (Sly da sly) as a 6 month old - he came as a foster (we think he'd been rejected because of his heart murmur  >:( ) but so quickly bonded with us and the other cats it was almost immediately obvious he was here to stay.  :Luv:

Of course, you can never, ever replace Smudge  :hug: but I DO believe in fate  :innocent: and the healing power of unconditional love  :Luv:

Can you take this cat on a trial basis? I have found this makes everyone concerned more relaxed, which does include the cat. This takes away the transferred stress when I've signed on the dotted line  :Crazy: or maybe not. All I know for sure is this house of cats works better on foster terms, whatever the reason.

I say give it a shot !  :wow:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

We know that you're not seeking to "replace" Smudge.  I think we all understand the need to assuage the pain that drives us in these situations, so don't judge yourself harshly - none of us will.  :hug: :hug:   Any cat you get won't be a replacement, but you will grow to love them just the same, and I'm sure Smudge would be watching with interest.   :hug:   Put some feelers out about the cat which has been abandoned and wait and see what response you get. 

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
You never replace a cat but just get a new friend and I agree its like Smudge has sent you a sign and this little fella needs a home so I would go and meet him and see how you get on  :hug: :hug:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Hi Becky

I've just read this article on The League Against Cruel Sports website It's about hunting dogs being out of control on private property and I think the laws they list would be of interest to you as they all sound like they apply in your situation.

http://www.league.org.uk/blogs_entry.aspx?id=702

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
If this little guy needs a home and if you feel happy why not go for it. The reason I eventually decided to get another cat was when I realised how many were desperate for homes. Of course he won't replace Smudge but he will give you something else to concentrate on and maybe help to take your mind off things. A six month old will certainly keep you on your toes. Maybe you can feel like something good has come out of a horrible situation.  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
if you can provide for him and you want to go for it  :hug:

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thanks guys I really appreciate everything. The police and the neighbours are still pressing charges for criminal damage but im not sure what will happen about smudge ;0(

I cried so much for him last night and I scramed out about how angry i am towards this guy xx

Now Please,please do not think I am replacing smudge. To me no cat will ever in this world replace him and I would give anything to still have him with me.But my friend works in social care and a B&W male cat has been left abbandoned with no food and water. It is now looking for a new home. He is 6 months. What do you think? Do you think this could be a sign? Do you think im crazy for thinking its a sign? or do you think I really should get a kitten due to having very young children and a very timmid female cat.
I know I can provide an amazing home for this poor cat who has had a terrible start in life. I never wanted to be in this position...ever. Thanks guys xxx

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Oh Becky I am so so sorry - To loose a babe is heartbreaking  - but like this  :'(.

Sending hugs  - xxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss it makes me soooo  :censored: >:( because this is not the first and unfortunately won't be the last time this happens this is becoming such a big problem in this country and nothing is being done about it  >:( >:( sending you lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Safe at the Bridge now Smudge run free and play hard Xxx

Denise
Xxx
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
Becky, just adding my heartfelt sorrow, pity and disgust at this. Poor Smudge was the most loved cat and he's safe now at the Bridge. RIP Smudge.  :hug:

I hope they get the owner of the dog and throw the book at him, ban him from keeping pets forever and destroy the dog. Harsh I know, but when dogs have been trained to attack cats, not one is safe, especially not the gentle souls like Smudge.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Becky, amd just reading this and my heart is in my throat.  I so feel for you.   :hug: :hug:

This is a horrific incident, and that scuzzbutt with the dog needs to be stopped and fast.  Apart from criminal damage it's cruelty and it can - and should - be acted on.  Who's to say the next time this dog won't attack a child?  I've lived in an area where dogs like these were used by the local drugs dealers, not just for protection but for "sport" and it's hideous.  I've been bitten by a dog that was so crazed with the desire to get at my own cat it had a red mist came down - it's a dog that's usually very placid and soft with people and other dogs, but it hates cats.  When dogs get a taste for this, they become unpredictable.

As to getting another cat, it won't be a direct replacement.   :hug: Nothing could replace your beautiful Smudge, but it may help to ease the pain.  Although I would recommend if you can, perhaps keeping Daisy and any new cat as indoor only cats, given this nutter in your neighbourhood. 

I do hope you get justice for Smudge, and that the Po :hug:lice do indeed take the matter seriously.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
I am so very sorry :( Smudge will know how much loved he was and will watch over you x
I hope that justice is done for you. If the dog is a dangerous breed it should have been muzzled in a public place so there will be cause for prosecution.
Play well at the bridge Smudge x
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
I've only just seen this. I'm so sorry for your loss  :'( and to lose Smudge in such a cruel way. I really feel for you.
There are some downright scumbags out there, I tell you, If anything like that happened to my cat I would hunt the person responsible down and wouldn't be held accountable for my actions!

I really hope you get justice for Smudge. You should start a facebook page for him like Justice for Ferdinand, that got the owner alot of publicity so may make it more likely the guy & his dog will be tracked down.  :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
So pleased that Daisy needs you and you will be as much comfort to her as she is to you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat