Author Topic: Any suggestions re alternative wet food?  (Read 4449 times)

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
Re: Any suggestions re alternative wet food?
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 15:23:14 PM »
Have you tried Encore, as far as I know it's only available at Sainsburys, it comes in tuna and whitebait or chicken and rice flavours.

Encore isnt complete though, only complementary. Its actually made by the same company that make Applaws.  :)

They use to like this one http://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/ but now Coco is alone she is not too fond of it.

Have you tried Toplife Chicken Dinner? Mine seem to like it. Available only in Asda at the moment as far as I know - its exactly the same as Bozita - not as many varieties as Bozita though.

Yes you're right it's not complete but the dry food she eats is a complete food, I guess it would depend on the dry food as to wether Encore is suitable or not.   ;D

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 13:37:29 PM »
Have you tried Encore, as far as I know it's only available at Sainsburys, it comes in tuna and whitebait or chicken and rice flavours.

Encore isnt complete though, only complementary. Its actually made by the same company that make Applaws.  :)

They use to like this one http://www.naturesmenu.co.uk/ but now Coco is alone she is not too fond of it.

Have you tried Toplife Chicken Dinner? Mine seem to like it. Available only in Asda at the moment as far as I know - its exactly the same as Bozita - not as many varieties as Bozita though.

I think Top Life is made by this company

http://www.delameredairy.co.uk/default.aspx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 13:08:05 PM »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »
after much searching for the perfect diet (and a huge amount of wasted money!) I like Gill have come to the conclusion that if they will eat it they have it, in my house that means felix as good as it looks for three one on whiskas and royal canin dry food

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 07:53:15 AM »
Any complete cat food is good grub

Coco and Ping were always on chicken based foods and not cheapo ones either. I am afraid of the contents in some of these mass produced supermarket types.

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 07:23:50 AM »

Maizie, also known as the worlds pickiest cat won't eat any other wet food. I think it's similar to Applaws and has a high meat content!

HTH

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 23:11:49 PM »
Any complete cat food is good grub

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 17:40:18 PM »
Yes, I agree. If she goes through a 'Turkey Twizler' phase, so what. I'm sure she'll rediscover the good grub at some stage.

What could be counted as 'good grub'?

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 15:27:17 PM »
Yes, I agree. If she goes through a 'Turkey Twizler' phase, so what. I'm sure she'll rediscover the good grub at some stage.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 13:56:12 PM »
As long as she eats, thats the main thing  :hug:

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 13:33:37 PM »
I am having a problem with my Siamese. When Ping was here Coco would eat anything (I only bought good quality food including Hills I/D that the vet recommended for Coco) now all of a sudden all the things she ate she doesn't like any more so I have been forced to buy Gourmet Solitaire (chicken). I only buy poultry based food Natures Menu was once a favourite.

I am afraid she will end up eating rubbish cat food.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 17:01:59 PM »
There are many different ones from pate to chunks and one called morsels which Lupin likes and then the terraines and just so many..............prices are different too so watcg out LOL

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 15:51:44 PM »
 :rofl:

Actually, no I haven't Gill, and will give it a go. May as well continue our journey through every potential cat food known to man I suppose..

Thank goodness he seems happy with his Iams at present (and I never thought I would hear myself say that!)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 15:18:10 PM »
Another one is gourmet but bet you tried them too LOL

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 08:20:24 AM »
Thanks Liz, but no- he won't eat Hills wet either unfortunately. He's a right little prima donna when it comes to his wet grub.

Currently he seems to have settled on Iams so will go with it until (hopefully) he decides he likes Natures Menu again (especially as I had just had 8 boxes delivered when he decided to go off it  :shify:)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 22:59:52 PM »
Have you tried the Hills wet food comes in tins and pouches, we tend to use it for the faddy ones when they aren't tucking in with gusto and for Smudger feral who had a stroke in November he is eating 3 pouches a day he didn't like the tinned one though we get it from our vets who sell the wet stuff

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 17:34:06 PM »
Thanks all  :Luv:

I've tried the Royal Canin wet but it went down like  :sick: unfortunately. He doesn't like Sheba ( :P was his reaction to that).

Looks like Iams or nowt so have just ordered a further 6 boxes and will off-load the 'failures' on workmate whose rescue cat will thankfully eat and relish just about everything...

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 16:27:27 PM »
They're such a problem sometimes,aren't they? I have this trouble multiplied by 3! After i have put the third type of food down,i give up...grrr

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 16:23:20 PM »
Such a bloomin nightmare have you tried sheba?

I saw a purely chicken yesterday in PAH, think it maybe a new one cos in past they were all fish.

I think Royal Canin do a wet food too but dont know where you can get it.

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 15:51:20 PM »
I shall try both suggestions!

He is a little so-and-so. I just know he'll change his mind at some point soon and decide green Nature Cat is his favorite again but in the short term its keeping me awake at nights. OH has pointed out that in view of The Munchkin's enormous tummy and the fact that he's demolising at least a bowl and a half of dry every day, he's hardly going to starve but, but, but... :rofl:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 15:45:52 PM »
I had to resort to Iams for Sky once as it was the only food she could tolerate.  There is always Bozita which you can get from Zooplus. None of mine really liked it though as was too rich for them.

I've got wise to mine though - if they don't eat the meat first time round I put biscuits on top of it. They eat it fine then :)

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
Any suggestions re alternative wet food?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 13:25:26 PM »
After 18 months of only eating Natures Menu (green variety) wet food, The Munchkin has suddenly gone off it completely (the current batch is slightly different to the previous few batches and he's taken umbridge). I'm frantically trying to find something else he will eat. He's turned his nose up at Applaws, Purina, Science Plan wet, Royal Canin wet and James Welbelove. The only wet he will give time of day to is Iams meat pouches in gravy (he won't do fish in any form) which I will go with if I have to, but I always feel a bit furtive about Iams with their reputation. He's still eating his dry (Royal Canin) but I do like him to have some wet as well. He doesn't like any of the 'supermarket' brands. Can anyone suggest anything else I could experiment with?

Link to CatChat