Author Topic: Meg kitten has developed a strange new habit!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jasmine
Re: Meg kitten has developed a strange new habit!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 14:02:55 PM »
Ooooh thanks for that linky that tray thingy looks fab :) Am going to make Jasmine's heavy ceramic feeding bowl the new water bowl for now and Jas can have Meg's water bowl as her food bowl temporary to see if that solves the problem but if not I'm definately ordering one of those!!!

Since I've posted she's also managed to tip over a drink other half left in the bedroom - yikes!! Thankfully it was water again :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 13:32:53 PM »
I have, or rather had, this problem with Riley - he is obsessed with water! He used to paw at and flip the bowl flooding my kitchen pretty much every day  :tired: I tried a heavy solid bowl but he still persisted.  Any glasses which are left unattended for more than 30 seconds are knocked over, he even chases the spray from the hose when I water the garden  :Crazy:

The bowl problem was solved with one of these: http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=804&pf_id=8597 The bowls sit on a rim meaning they can't be flicked or pulled around. If he does manage to spill any it's contained within the tray - genius! The glass problem is resolved by having a bottle of water by my bed rather than a glass.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 13:05:05 PM »
oh lord :rofl: miyagi does that with his food bowl, he pushes it till it hits a corner then eats his dinner :Luv:

maybe a water fountain could be the answer :shy:

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jasmine
Meg kitten has developed a strange new habit!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 11:17:46 AM »
In the last couple of weeks Meg kitten has decided that it is great fun to put her paw in the water bowls and drag them around the room ensuring that the kitchen floor is soaking wet, she is soaking wet and there is no water left in any of the bowls  :)

She seems to be getting more obsessed with doing it - this morning when making breakfast I noticed that yet again I had completely soaking wet socks and the water bowl was at the wrong end of the room  :o I mopped up the mess, refilled the bowl - 5 mins later - you've guessed it the water bowl is empty again lol!

Am just trying to figure out if there's something I can do to stop her? At the moment she has a water bowl in the kitchen and one in the spare room which is her 'kitten room' so she goes in there when we are out, when Jasmine wants some peace from kitten pestering and she sleeps there at night - both bowls are plastic heart shaped kitten bowls from Pets at Home but I'm wondering if I use something more sturdy if that would stop her? The spare room is carpeted rather than tiled and she's not quite so good at doing it on that surface as, although the bowl moves around, we don't seem to get water all over the floor (although having said that maybe the carpet just soaks it up so I don't notice)

Help! 

Literally whilst typing this I heard a crash downstairs and she's knocked a glass of water all over the floor!! I thought cats didn't like getting wet but Meg seems obsessed with it! As I've come back upstairs to finish the post on the PC in the spare room I heard a splosh noise and she's upturned the water bowl behind me and the carpet is soaking wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to CatChat