Author Topic: Anal secreations from one of my cats- eww!  (Read 1643 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: Anal secreations from one of my cats- eww!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 21:54:46 PM »
Mine are all on Orijen and Arden Grange - the Arden Grange can be bougt in large size sacks (I think they call them breeder packs and work out to be very reasonable)
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 20:23:11 PM »
Pity your vet  :-[

Check all the sites, Zooplus, Pets at Home, VetUK etc as they have offers at different times. My lot are currently addicted to Applaws dry Chicken which I supplement with whatever wet pouches are on offer. Seems to work well.  :hug:

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 15:12:33 PM »
Right, vet visit booked for tomorrow  :sick:

I can't quite afford Orijen i'm afriad but I used to feed James Wellbeloved and also the PAH Sensitive stuff which was better quality and so i'll have a look and see what's on offer in places to get the best deal!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 15:05:53 PM »
Definitely sounds like she needs her anal glands emptying, not a pleasant job!  :sick:

With regards food, if you're sticking with dry only then I can recommend James Wellbeloved - my boys love it. It's fairly good value, especially if yiu buy the larger 5kg sacks or order online when some places do a BOGOF offer - you can buy small 225g bags to try from most pet shops. The ultimate in dry food is grain free and high meat content such as Orijen but whether your cats will eat it is another matter  :innocent:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 13:52:27 PM »
She needes a vet visit for them to empty the anal sacks

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Anal secreations from one of my cats- eww!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 10:36:40 AM »
Hello all!

JUst wondering if this is something that needs to be sorted by a vet... ever since we got Layla (around 7 months ago), she sporadically leaves marks on blankets which smells horrific and has to be washed asap - I think that it must be anal sac secreations and I don't know whether this can be helped or not? I tend to clean her around that area with cotton wool and water but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I don't want to stress her out with a visit to the vets if it's not necessary, but obviously will do if there's something that can be done!

Is there a different food that I can give her to help? Both cats have just Whiskars dried at the moment which I know is not the best, but i'm just not sure which food to buy. My other cat can suffer from terrible wind as well so I think a change of food is definately in order! Any suggestions welcome lol!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat