Author Topic: Rescue concerns  (Read 2078 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Rescue concerns
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 23:44:46 PM »
OMG Gill - you are clearly very upset about this place and you do need to contact the RSPCA.  I don't know allthe rules etc. about setting up a rescue but I presume there are guidlines and certain things that have to be put in place especially a dry warm and safe place for the cats.

Hope something gets sorted soon.

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 17:45:24 PM »
I agree with others, definitely contact RSPCA if you are concerned at all better to be safe than sorry  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 17:36:42 PM »
tbh if its as bad as you say (not doubting you btw) , then there is hope that the RSPCA may be able to help as even though you fear they will be pts by RSPCA that seems to be what is happening anyway at the rescue you are concerned about.
 :-[
although it is cats lives we are talking about taking action may not save some cats but if the rspca can sort the rescue out so that it is either shut down or sorted out then in the long term the future cats will hopefully have a better chance.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 17:07:12 PM »
Any news bunglycat? Have you decided what to do?

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 17:38:26 PM »
What a dreadful story  Please contact the RSPCA  These people need everything that can be thrown at them   The RSPCA won't PTS animals in cruelty cases unless they are suffering and cannot be helped

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 14:23:52 PM »
I know that some cats that were taken there was supposedly booked in to see a vet the next day , one had severe dental problems .
I know for a fact that the one with the bad teeth did not see a vet due to lack of funds  and he died, not sure if pts , another one died due to renal failure and no idea about the 3 rd cat.

I find this totally cruel and cannot for the life of me understand why she did not take him and worry about the bill afterwards , I would have done and my vet let's me pay weekly if it's a big bill which is often the case now they are nearly all in their teens.

Also there are problems with damp and water and cold at the rescue ,which is detrimental to any cats that are being kept down there if there are any !

I can't stop thinking about it .

I have contacted the nearest CPmbut they can't get involved .

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »
is there anyone on here nearby that could perhaps take a peek at the animals firsthand?
what is it that you know that concerns you (without naming rescue)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:21:38 AM »
Rspca do not PTS cruelty cases if a prosecution is on the cards the animal is kept alive.
 You really do need the big guns here.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
Sadly, the only legal avenue IS the RSPCA.  >:(

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 18:03:16 PM »
whos the local CP branch (unless its them of course!).
It might be having a chat with them, as they might know more anyway.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 17:55:08 PM »
That sounds very worrying but the only people that can do anything are the RSPCA, nobody else has the authority  :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Rescue concerns
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 17:25:49 PM »
What do you do if you have concerns about a rescue and the welfare of the cats there?
No- one on here , but it's somewhere I have concerns about.
I don't want to involve the RSPCA as cats will just be put to sleep, it's too far for me to go and would I be able to check things anyway ?
Any ideas please as I feel worried .
Thanks

Link to CatChat