Author Topic: Bit of a backward step in the intros...........  (Read 1420 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: Bit of a backward step in the intros...........
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 03:33:30 AM »
Sounds normal kitten/adult cat intro to me!

Nuggie was 5weeks when he arrived and Tazi was 4. It didnt start well (  :evillaugh: ) but as Nuggie got older Tazi became his Dad-brother.
However, Nuggie was a bit over-powering at times and Tazi often hissed etc and just put him in his place, taught him some manners, repeated the rules etc...and generally thumped him on the head when he saw fit  :rofl:
(i'll just add that right to Tazi passing away, Nuggie would try his luck and launch at poor Tazi. Often they had a good play, but there were times when Tazi would fight him off and dish out a punch on the head..or 2  :evillaugh:)

Nice to Jas is getting her own space though  :)

I read somewhere recently that although spats sound bad they really arent much of anything to worry about. If theres fur and blood then its hitting rocky ground  :Luv:  :Luv:

:hug:  :hug:
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 11:29:43 AM »
If you saw Lupin he dive bombs the top of the cat tree too, even when nobody there.........sigh

He literally bounce from one place to another and up and down the tree onto a table then up and downstairs but at least he didnt try it with big Misa yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,,he had respect!

I think Dawn is right and hopefully if Jas is feeling down she will be a bit more strong with her bops when she feels better.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:19:55 AM »
sounds like you are doing all you can - my bengal (a bit of a handful) still dive bombs people when she fancies it and she is 6!  you just need to give the other cats a place to get away if they need it, the cat tree is popular for this, on top of it no one can dive bomb!

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jasmine
Bit of a backward step in the intros...........
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 22:26:21 PM »
I've noticed in the last couple of weeks that we seem to have taken a bit of a backward step with the intros between Jasmine and Meg :(

They'd been getting on really well - playfighting, chasing about and all good really :) We'd usually get a couple of hisses a day from Jas when Meg got too much :)

I've noticed in the last couple of weeks that Jas is hissing more and even having a few growls :( The trouble is Meg constantly wants to dive bomb and will leap out on her from on the sofa/stairs/somewhere up high when Jas is unsuspectingly going about her business and she'll give a good hiss and screetch and try and bat Meg off. Meg will also jump on her when she's asleep on one of the beds and again there will be lots of hissing/screetching. The other day Meg even tried to get in the hooded litter tray with Jas when she was going to the toilet!!! Jas did give a very big growl at that point!!

The thing is Jasmine does want to play but just not all the time and I think perhaps the novelty of constantly being dive bombed is wearing a bit thin on her now? She does want to play when she wants to but isn't happy when she keeps getting disturbed/leapt out on when she's not expecting it :(

Also I posted recently that Jas has a lump on her neck since her vaccination so is possibly feeling a bit sore/under par which isn't helping I would imagine.

I'm sure things will improve when Meg is older/able to go outside as she won't have so much pent up energy and won't be constantly wanting to wrestle/chase but if there's anything I can do to help the situation at the moment I'd really appreciate some advice :)

I do still have a 'kitten room' set up so Meg sleeps in there and they're seperate when I go out so I'm making sure that Jas gets time during the day when she can be away from Meg in peace :) I also have a Feliway pluged in in the lounge :)

Link to CatChat