Author Topic: Just noticed a strange lump on Jasmine............  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Re: Just noticed a strange lump on Jasmine............
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »
I have seen one of those after a booster it should go but keep an eye on it (that's what my vet said)

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jasmine
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 20:23:59 PM »
I think I'll keep an eye on it for a couple of days and if I'm not happy take her back to the vets :) She injected her between the shoulder blades rather than in the neck area (due to the frontline) and she did say she might feel it a bit more as it's less fleshy around there so don't know if that could explain it?

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 19:44:00 PM »
Both my girls have had that after their boosters (oddly, not at the same time - Drum got it last year, Bass the year before). I mentioned it to the vet who said it was probably a reaction and to bring them in if it got worse or didn't clear up but the lumps disappeared after two or three weeks, and the girsl weren't in any pain or discomfort.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 19:15:26 PM »
It can happen and would contact the vet  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tempest

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Jasmine
Just noticed a strange lump on Jasmine............
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 19:06:56 PM »
The OH was just stroking Jas and said he could feel a lump on her back  :shocked: I've just had a look and it feels more like a 'swelling' than a lump and weirdly enough it seems to be in exactly the spot that she had her booster vaccination last week  :(

As she was being frontlined as well the vet injected her slightly lower down than usual so it wouldn't be the same spot as the frontline  :shocked:

I've tried to have a look under the fur and can't see anything as I was thinking maybe she's been injured outside or Meg might have bitten her when they're playing and it's an abcess but I can't see a thing   :shocked:

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a lump developing after a booster as it does seem to be in roughly the same spot which seems an odd coincidence to me   :shocked:

Link to CatChat