Author Topic: Association of Dogs & Cats Homes 2012 Annual Conference  (Read 6554 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Association of Dogs & Cats Homes 2012 Annual Conference
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 16:41:09 PM »
Nice to see next years annual conference is in Stratford so I guess we will all be attending. It is nice to get the opportunity to network face to face. Theres also a meeting in Leicsetershire coming up at Walthams

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 16:36:11 PM »
they offer discount prices on feliway and one of the generic frontline flea spot-on's aswell.
We sell the feliway at the shelter to make some money and offer it at cost price to fosterers. We also sell the small bottles to adopters at a reduced price to help with introductions and moving to a new home.
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 17:30:57 PM »
Just to say for all rescues - it might be worth joining if purely form some of the (few) discounts they have from suppliers. The main one I am keeping my eye on at the moment is Trigene as we are running low and cost to members is £86 for 20 litres of the stuff or £60 for 3x5L. One order a year of that well covers any membership fees....

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »
Sorry, i tried the link and it didn't work for me either.
Try here for the programme
http://www.adch.org.uk/adch-conference-programme.html

I'm just hoping that it will ultimately prove a worthwhile investment..and we are lucky to have someone who will step in to look after cats  :)

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »
when we joined we had to fill in an application form and get references and someone to vouch for us.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 12:36:00 PM »
Hmm - I don't know which organisations are still part of that 'Association' but in all honesty there was at least one a number of years ago that really should have been shut down due to the poor conditions and terrible management........I'm not living in that area anymore so don't know what the situation is but imagine it's not improved very much. I don't know how they were allowed to be part of it - I didn't think the national rescues would have wanted to be in any way associated with them.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 13:09:28 PM »
£60's not bad but we have declined due to cost (and cats to see to!)

Shame the link wouldnt even work for me, but would have liked to decline and give my reasons similar to yours Angie

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 12:24:44 PM »
£60's not bad but we have declined due to cost (and cats to see to!)

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
Association of Dogs & Cats Homes 2012 Annual Conference
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:45:50 AM »
Thought I'd pass this on as the talks look interesting. Registration is £60 which includes a night accomodation in the hotel that the conference takes place. hopefully some of you can make it

"I am pleased to announce that booking is now open for the ADCH 2012 Conference, being hosted by Cats Protection and held on 14th & 15th March 2012 and held at the Copthorne Hotel Effingham Gatwick. This is an event that is not to be missed for all of us involved in dog and cat rescue in the UK and Ireland. For full details and booking arrangements please visit http://www.adch.org.uk/pages/conference.html. " from ADCH

Link to CatChat