Author Topic: Our longest staying foster cat is Rehomed!  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Our longest staying foster cat is Rehomed!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 02:21:54 AM »
Fantastic news  :wow:

:1st place: Jingles  ;D

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 00:18:39 AM »
Mixed feelings really.  As Angie said to me the other day, it is bitter sweet, when you have known them all that time, although she wasn't one to come forward and make herself part of the crew, and really try to become part of our furniture, she still was if you know what I mean. 

Not long come out of the room from feeding them, and cleaning the trays for the last time today -  :'(

We still have 9 in there.  We need to find some more homes, determined to get my numbers down for the cat's sake, health risks, from actual illnesses and viruses, stress related stuff that affects their minds too.  Plus making it easier for visitors that come to adopt to be able to tell one cat apart from another, and for them to interact more naturally when we do have potential adopters.  Also need to make room for next kitten season.

Thanks for all your good wishes, she will be so much more chilled now. 
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 23:42:02 PM »
That "christmas tree" is looking emptier by the day, well done Judith.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 23:34:19 PM »
So pleased Jingles has a home cos she is just gorgeous  ;D ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 23:05:26 PM »
You must be over the moon Judith.

Very much hope all goes well for Jingles  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawnin8r

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 22:28:55 PM »
 :) Hooray!!!
Feline Cat Rescue--Internet Appeals

Offline madasacatter

• Senior Cat
Our longest staying foster cat is Rehomed!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 21:52:37 PM »
Jingles had been with us since April 2009!  She came into our care under threat of pts by her original owner.  He was going to take her to a national animal charity until I told him that they were full anyway and had no spaces for her.  Then he said if he had his gun he could shoot her and feed her to his snakes.  :censored:

Poor Jingles was not allowed in the home probably soon after they got the puppy.  He told me that he used to have a cat but put it on the noticeboard at work, and found a home that way.  He had come knocking my door in a very threatening way, asking "Do you want a cat?"  He told me that it had been up and toileted on their bed, and he was just going to get his wife out of work to come and sort it out. 

When I eventually said we would take her in, he told me that she had scratched and bitten his mother in law and that she was not to be trusted.

The same day some friends of ours were round here, and when I showed her to Margaret, she said that cat looks like Jingles.  I asked her the name of her neighbour, and it was the same as the one on the sign over form.  >:(

Jingles used to hate being indoors as she was not used to it, and she used to sit at the back of the cat lounge.  I purchased a cat tree so she could see out of the windows at least from where she used to like to peer from, and gradually brought the tree further into the body of the room although still on the outside edge.  She progressed to always being fed on the mantle piece, so at least she was further into the room when she was associating that position with feeding time.

She has gone to live with no other cats, no children, just one springer spaniel, who is well behaved and not a chaser.  Early introductions will be done on a lead until they are used to each other.  The lady has had cats previously and the two seem to like each other. 

Jingles was looking round the large lounge (where she will be for the first few days) and even thinking about looking down the garden from the back of the chaise lounge and nearly venturing onto the window ledge to do so.  She was purring and generally looking relaxed.  She was acting in a relaxed and happy demeanour as she did on her more comfortable and happy days with us.  But now she didn't have to worry about other cats around her which she clearly didn't feel happy with even though we permanently have a Feliway plugged in.  :briggin:

Coventry Cat Group

Link to CatChat