Author Topic: How to get over losing my kitten  (Read 4137 times)

Offline ricky

• Kitten
  • Slave to: twiglett, samanatha, charlie, cream, pixie
Re: How to get over losing my kitten
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »
thanks angie, they are just over 3 months old been done and had all there jabs, i dont let them out on there own only when im in the garden and ive made it so so cat safe i so i can decide when we will go out ,
they dont miss out on anything as i always take them out with me when i work in the garage or outside, happy new year all xxxxx :doh:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 11:51:39 AM »
how old are your kittens now?
I must admit to not letting mine out until they are at least 8 months old - in fact sometimes older if they are a bit mad, and at least until they have been neutered incase of accidental pregnancies or inappropriate wandering off to seek a mate.
I'm glad you found the forum and hope it has been of some comfort to you.

Offline ricky

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »
Hi all, thanks for all the lovely things you have said its helped me so much
 Christmas was very very hard but my son james and daughter laura came round and we sat in the garden next to josie and had lots to drink telling stories about all the things she had done , lots of laughing and tears, i still keep waking at night but i will get through it
 Little update on my two new kittens twiglett and samanatha, they are both doing great even if my house isint lol , sammy loves to go out in the garden and bring me in some lovely fat worms yummy, esp if you get up early to make a cuppa and tread on one with no shoes on!!
I will post some pics soon , thanks again im so glad i found you all love ricky xxxx

Offline SuzynCora

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Cora
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 22:51:40 PM »
Ricky, how awful!
I really feel for you, as all cat lovers will.
One cat rescue lady once said to me that when the special ones go, they take a little bit of you with them, and I think she was right, but in return they leave a little bit of themselves with you.
Many years ago, I had a similar, very beloved cat, he was my first ever cat, and we were inseperable, as you and Josie were.
I was lucky enough to have him for 3 years before a similar thing happened, it took ages to get over, but time does heal, and he still has a special place in my heart
You gave Josie a good life, albeit a short one, and I know she returned all the love you gave her.
I really hope that you will feel better in time.
Suzy x

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 22:40:13 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: Ricky sorry I have only just read this as I haven't been on here lately but I just wanted to offer my deepest sympathies to you, Josie sounded like a wonderful cat, you may have lost her in this life but her spirit will always be kept alive in the memories of your heart . as others have said Time truly is a great healer  :hug: :hug:

Josie not gone just an Angel now among Gods creatures play hard at the Bridge sweetie Xx

:candle:

Denise
Xxx
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 14:34:24 PM »
Oh Ricky, what a terribly sad way to lose a Furbabe  :(  :hug: :hug:
I can Only imagine how you must have felt at the time  :( but it was simply just a pure accident  :( I remember years ago one of my friends had
a Springer Spaniel, who for what ever reason, decided one day to sleep under their Car, the outcome of which was very similar
to yours  :(

As others have already said, the best healer is Time, You Will NEVER Forget Josie and she will always be with you in spirit

remember we are all here if you need to chat  :hug:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline ricky

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 13:46:17 PM »
Hi everybody, Thanks for al your lovely messages its been a great help
I still miss her , josie  like crazy but ive got to lean to live with it all my other cats and kittens are trying to help and ive been out in the garden playing with them this morning while cooking then there christmas diner , thank you all again please all just say a little prayer for such a little cat who brought so so so much happieness to so many people , love you my baby , sleep tight ,all my love dad xxxxxxxxx :'(

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 01:00:35 AM »
You are never alone when you share a love for animals. Remember Josie would not have wanted you to live a life of regret and sadness. She lived a lifetime of love in her short life and that special love shared made it all worthwhile. She is always there tucked in your heart so honour her memory as she would have wanted by giving your little new kittens a fantastic life. You never replace a lost loved one but your heart just grows bigger to accommodate the new ones who come to share your life.
Play well at the bridge Josie and twinkle your star to show your mum how much you love her.
Have a lovely Christmas Ricky and your new furbabes x
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 01:01:20 AM by souffle »
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline ricky

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 00:10:24 AM »
Thank you all so very very nuch for all the kind words you have sais, made me weep buckets,
I never thought i could love anybody as much as i love josie, i lost my mum and my dad, and god yes that hurt but this has just ripped the heart out of me, cant help it thats just me i suppose.
When i got divorced years ago i thought i would never love anyone again, how wrong i was, but ive got my two kids who have invited me for christmas dinner , think they only want me to do the cooking, lol i will be having my xmas dinner with my cats on boxing day
My two new kittens, twiglett and samantha are lying on the end of the bed fast asleep dreaming of i dont know what but i bet its  mischief
Many thanks again  im so glad i found you all and i will end with a little poem i wrote for Josie
                                                                               FOR YOU
                                                            Here........ this is me,
                                                       This is everything i have
                                                       This is all ive got
                                                       My heart
                                                      I  give it to you
                                                 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 22:41:28 PM »
I have just added Josie to our Roll of Honour 

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,35234.msg625119.html#msg625119

You can also light a candle for her in General Cat Chat, its one of the stickys at the top  :hug: :hug:

The candle is in [more] above the place you write.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 22:35:35 PM »
I am so sorry to hear your sad tale about Josie who was truely a little looker and one can see her character shining out.  :hug: :hug:

I can only echo what the others have said and the first Christmas is the hardest time, I lost my special boy this year and its just sooooooo hard.

We on Purrs understand the suffering that a loss like this causes and when you are ready the tears will gradually slow down but they do come back and hit you at the most unexpected times I find.

Grief is the last gift we have to give and I hope the two kittens that Josie has sent to you will worm their way into your heart just as Josie did  :hug: :hug:

RIP Josie you have left a purr in your humans heart.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 21:13:22 PM »
Hello Ricky and   :welcome:  to the forum, sorry that you have joined under sad circumstances but glad that you feel able to let another two furbabes into your life.  We all know the pain that you are suffering and as others have said this will heal over time

A soft full tail, exquisite eyes,
soft purring at the door,
playful swatting, frequent naps,
toys strewn across the floor.

With gentle rubs and playful purring
you made your presence known
and, knowing you were always there,
we never felt alone.

You loved it when we scratched your ears,
we swear it made you smile.
We could never stay angry with you,
we couldn’t if we tried.

The soft sweet purring now has ceased,
no gentle rubs to greet us,
just memories of a special friend
and good times are all we see.

Although we miss you dearly,
we’ll try not to feel so blue,
because we know that there’s a bridge
for special cats like you.

:RIP: :candle: :candle:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 19:46:54 PM »
Welcome to Purrs Ricky, I'm sorry it's under such sad circumstances  :(  :hug:

That must have been so traumatic for you to witness the accident  :hug: I can only echo what the others have said, it may sound cheesy but time really is a healer and although it may seem inconceivable now you will, one day, look back with fond memories of such a special cat instead of feeling sad that she is no longer with you :hug:

I hope your new little ones can help ease the pain of missing Josie, they will never replace her but let them try and take some of the pain away  :hug:

RIP Joise, safe and sound at Rainbow Bridge by now xx

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 19:43:40 PM »
It does sound like she was a special little kitty  :hug: :hug:
It will get easier over time, tho you will never forget her. It is always especially harder this time of year  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 19:13:27 PM »
Ricky that is a tragiv story and I really feel for you.   :hug:  :hug:  Its always painful to lose a furbabe, especially one so young , but when its one you have rescued from certain death and nursed to health it must be so much harder.  Words are not adequate at a time like this but here on Purrs you are among friends who understand.

I suspect you are feeling guilty because of the way it happened. Don't.  It wasn't your fault, it wasn't your son's fault. It was a horrible, accident - don't beat yourself up with if only's.

Your new kittens will never replace Josie - she has a special place in your heart where she will live forever.  But they need you and together you can take life one step at a time until you are all healed.  You will never forget, but learn to forgive yourself and in time you will remember Josie with smiles instead of tears.  She was special, very special and its often the special ones who are taken too soon.  :hug:

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 18:54:53 PM »
 :'(  :'( oh Ricky....I am so sorry for your loss of Josie and in such terrible circumstances   :'(  :'( such a sad story  :hug:  :hug:

I highly recommend adding Josie to the Rainbow Bridge
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,13.0.html

I lost my Tazi in October and (silly though it might be to non-pet lovers) I use his post to but on updates, tell him I love him and miss him and although its never the same, it does really help. It still breaks my heart and today I have cried buckets but if it wasnt for this group I know my state of affairs would be much bleaker. Wonderful support here and I only joined after I registered Tazi missing on the National Register and Sam (moderator) contacted me with advice. Unfortunately, I didnt get my happy ending but talking with people who understand really got me through and the weight didnt feel so heavy  :hug:

Josie sounds so much like Tazi, with her confident character and happy just to be with you, where ever that was - rather than being attached to a place.
I hope you find a little peace here x

Big hugs to you at this time  :hug:  :hug:

P.S I also did a lovely memorial for Tazi and organising that helped me through a very difficult time. It is now proudly displayed in my front room and I still look to it for a comforting look.
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 18:53:27 PM »
bless you Ricky what a cute little love you have lost.     It will get better and she'll be always in your heart.     Enjoy your new kittens and please post a picture of them when you feel able  :hug: x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 18:00:54 PM »
Oh Ricky Hun, I can feel your pain just by reading what you have written - all I can say is that time does heal, we never forget the furbabies that we have loved and lost but in time you will be able to think about Josie with a smile instead of tears.  I am sure that she is watching over you.
Enjoy and cherish your new furbabies as they may have been sent to you just when you needed each other the most. xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline ricky

• Kitten
How to get over losing my kitten
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 16:53:30 PM »
 :( Hi all, my kitten died about 10 weeks ago and i dont know how im going to get over it.
Josie was found abandonend in a ditch just down the road from me by a lady who knw i loved cats, she was just a few days old , tiny, and very cold, i took her to the vets who said i should put her to sleep but i took her home and fed her with a syringe and just held her 24 hours a day and she recovered to become a lovely black and white kitten
She used to follow me everywhere, to the shops, come to work with me , even walked to the golf course and followed me round, when my daughter moved to scotland she just jumped in the cab of the lorry and came with me
 She was not scared of anything loved chasing the hoover or any power tools i was using in the house or garage, she used to visit everybody on the estate esp all the pensioners who loved her,
early november my son came round and we were all talking on the driveway when he drove off and josie was sitting ontop off the wheel of his van and she was run over right in frount of me, we rushed to the vets but she died in my arms as we got there
I just dont know how i am going to cope , i cant be bothered with anything, keep crying all the time , we used to talk about everything and my life just does not seem worth anything anymore
 I have just taken two abandonded kittens from the rspca and they are great but cant get over josieand christmas seems horrid without her, pointless, we had such great plans together that seem to be useless now
 i truly belive she loved me as muchas i loved her , what do i do , happy christmas cat lovers , ricky xxxxx

Link to CatChat