Author Topic: Fleas, Frontline not stopping them!  (Read 10451 times)

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
Fleas, Frontline not stopping them!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 14:38:31 PM »
Hi,

I noticed my cats having a few fleas about 6 weeks ago and treated them with frontline. From regular combing, the problem seemed to lessen and I hadn't noticed any more flea dirt or new live fleas in their fur until my brother in law again brought his dog down (seem to think it co incided with the first lot of fleas I noticed) a couple of weeks ago and the fleas suddenly became visible again and combing brought out more dirt etc. We again used Frontline (brother in law says dog had frontline 6 weeks ago althogh I;m not so sure...) on both cats, then as we've got the dog staying with us as brother in hospital, I used frontline on her the other day. Anyway, it's been at least 5 days since cats were done and there are still fleas on the cats... I know they can still hatch etc, but can I use anything else on them? Heard about something called Stronghold? Can I use that now on them too? I've also sprayed the house with a proper vet bought insectide that kills fleas etc on carpets 3/4 days ago.

www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Link to CatChat