Author Topic: Kali is a boy!  (Read 5573 times)

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
Re: Kali is a boy!
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 13:55:51 PM »
Lucas is a lovely name..........we had the same thing when we got Indi, were told he was a girl and we thought Indiana was as pretty name and matched the pretty looks.............anyway 1st vacs at the vets and were told she was a he..........so Indiana got shortened to Indi.  didn't change it completely tho as we both liked the name.  Still to this day I think he was a very pretty looking boy

[attachment deleted by admin]
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 22:24:35 PM »
Lucas is a nice name and I bet he thought he was on to a good thing being protected from his brother  ;D

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 22:21:56 PM »
Hee hee Helen wonder what he (Lucas)thought and the micky taking that he must of had from Riley calling him a girl!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: They are soooo adorable hun I'm gonna love hearing about two naughty lads  antics ;D ;D ;D I love the naughty babes  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 21:30:21 PM »
Missed all this excitement.  You have to keep up, here on Purrs.  :rofl:

[It sort of feels like they are two different kittens - when I thought he was a girl and they were play fighting I was always telling Riley to leave his poor, defenceless little sister alone and cheering when his poor defenceless little sister beat him up back! 

Interesting... anyway, hugs to the pair of 'em, Helen  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2007, 21:21:29 PM »
Ok I am being dumb but my brain cell is tired but is Kali a female name only?

In my head it is Gill, I think it's a lovely name (obviously as I chose it!) but it's way too girly for my lovely little boy.  I've been calling him Lucas (shortened to Lukey when he's being particularly cute  :Luv: )  all night and I think it really suits him now.

It sort of feels like they are two different kittens - when I thought he was a girl and they were play fighting I was always telling Riley to leave his poor, defenceless little sister alone and cheering when his poor defenceless little sister beat him up back!  It's an even playing field now I know they are both boys and I guess I don't feel as over protective as I did before  ;D  I'm still as in love with my little baby as I was before, it doesn't matter what sex he is - he's my baby  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2007, 20:59:45 PM »
awwwwwwww lucas is a lovely name Helen :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 20:49:23 PM »
How where they at the Vet? The boys go next Tuesday for their 2nd vacs and Teresa said Widget squealed with his 1st  :Crazy:

They were very well behaved, getting them in the basket was another matter though!  I thought it would be best for them to go together as it must be very scary for them.  I put Riley in first as Lucas follows everything he does. Riley went in no problem,  picked Lucas up and his little paws went wild flailing his claws everywhere - not in a vicious way though he was just whirling around.  Picked him up in a towel and opened the door only for Riley to pop out - this pattern repeated itself over and over until I finally got them both in and shut the door!

They were really good at the vets although obviously a little frightened.  They had a check over, vaccinations, worming tablet, stronghold and were weighed.  When we got home they collapsed fast asleep and have just woken up around 5 mins ago.  They've both had some tea and are now busy washing their little faces  :Luv:

Sounds like the trouble I have with the boys  :rofl: Widget follows Guinness everywhere and when I put them back in the cage I try to get Guinness in first as Widget is usually right behind him. Now they are getting fly to it  :evillaugh: and I spend ages trying to catch them and put them in together   :shify:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 20:46:57 PM »
Ok I am being dumb but my brain cell is tired but is Kali a female name only?

I would leave it at Kali myself  ;D

Other names  ummmmmmmmmmm     Conway errrr maybe not.

Kristian, Kirk, Rufus, Ronald, Rupert

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 20:36:39 PM »
Hi Helen, the same thing happened to me when we homed Chico.   Of course it makes no difference and we always felt honoured because the person who met him before us only wanted boys and therefore didn't home him/her - we always thanked him for pretending to be a girl !   They are both beautiful and I know you will keep us up to date with pics.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 18:52:26 PM »
Awwww Lucas it is then...we thought Snarf was a boy when we first got here and thought about chancing her name to snarfles but she was always a bit of a tom boy !!
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 18:50:08 PM »
How where they at the Vet? The boys go next Tuesday for their 2nd vacs and Teresa said Widget squealed with his 1st  :Crazy:

They were very well behaved, getting them in the basket was another matter though!  I thought it would be best for them to go together as it must be very scary for them.  I put Riley in first as Lucas follows everything he does. Riley went in no problem,  picked Lucas up and his little paws went wild flailing his claws everywhere - not in a vicious way though he was just whirling around.  Picked him up in a towel and opened the door only for Riley to pop out - this pattern repeated itself over and over until I finally got them both in and shut the door!

They were really good at the vets although obviously a little frightened.  They had a check over, vaccinations, worming tablet, stronghold and were weighed.  When we got home they collapsed fast asleep and have just woken up around 5 mins ago.  They've both had some tea and are now busy washing their little faces  :Luv:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 18:36:59 PM »
great minds lynn!! and sarah now too!

and zip it anyone metioning fools!!!!

;D

I sayin' nuffink

That's not like you Ruth  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Lucas is a great him for him  :Luv:

I thought Rascal was a wee boy till I took her to the Vet  :-:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 18:39:43 PM by Ellie (Mupps, Rascal, Widget and Guinness's slave) »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Lucas is a boy!
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 18:35:07 PM »
Lucas it seems means "light".  Not sure of that means as in ....shine a... or as opposed to heavy? 

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 18:04:19 PM »
yay lucas was one of my preferred ones off your list.

I just couldnt get my head round a cat called rupert  :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 17:53:34 PM »
Well, he's a boy then. I for one thought he might be.  ;)  Don't worry Lucas you've always looked like a very handsome boy to me. A girl indeed  :Crazy:

Many, many moons ago when I had just left home, I collected 2 kittens that I named Dingle (girl) and Baron (boy). It soon became apparent that our beautiful tabby Baron was in fact a girl.  I never changed her name though as it became short for Baroness.  She always did act a bit upmarket and it just suited her.  I know, I know, how can you mistake a girl for a boy?  :Crazy:

Don't worry Helen, I'm sure he hasn't become used to the name Kali just yet so there won't be any harm done.  Of course all of us are going to be completely confused when you start calling him Lucas  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 17:50:30 PM »
Oh bless him!  Well he's a very pretty boy!  I like Lucas.  I also like Kai, although Linda has got in there with Kai for her new bengly (doesn't mean no-one else can have it though  :P).  Lucas and Riley sounds like a good double act!

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 17:45:24 PM »
well looking forward to new spangly signature then  :evillaugh:

good decision.... welcome riley and lucas!!!!!!!!!!!  :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 17:42:53 PM »
Yay! Lucas wins!!  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 17:41:39 PM »
Thanks everyone  ;D  I love the name Kali but I think it is too girly to stck with.  I was hoping that one name would be the overwhelming favourite but that hasn't happened!  I've asked a few of my friends too and they vote Lucas.

So....  I think his name is gonna be Lucas  :Luv:  I was going to save it for a baby name for the future but Lucas is my little baby so I think I will use it early! 

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 17:38:27 PM »
kali it should be then!!!  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 17:35:57 PM »
I think you should stick with Lucas as you planned to use the name - also it will be a memorial for Lucas that didn't make it  :Luv:

PS - I googled Kali - the godess of darkness and destruction! (I'm sure you know that Helen  :evillaugh: )
Kali for a boy is a demon  :scared:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 17:26:15 PM »
I like Alfie or Henry.

If you want real extreme how about Derek or Donald???

I wish I'd called Archie Dave or Graham - proper normal people names!
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 17:20:13 PM »
 :doh:

Ah well, he is gorgeous anyway!

Think Rupert is a very lovely name for a cat....or you could always go for Karl!

Alas, the name in your signature line will need to change colour (although he might like pink!)  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 16:59:17 PM »

;D

I sayin' nuffink

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 16:55:55 PM »

;D

i have a question.....  if kali had have been a girl would lopping off any relevant bits stopped them from getting too friendly later on?  sorry - not being gross - just curious! :)

ccmacey

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 16:34:11 PM »
He he who would of thought.

I like Rufus, but you'll probibly think of loads more soon.  ;D

I called my little gray baby Harry.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 16:36:10 PM by ccmacey »

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 16:27:49 PM »

aw i really like the name kalum now, kal for short  ;D  (goes to write it in my name book  :evillaugh:)

I would have stuck to messing about with Kali, I think thats a great name for either sex, and as Lynn said, Kal would be lovely too :)

xxx

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 16:19:56 PM »
omg i cant believe she is a he lol
but it really doesnt matter does it what sex they r as long as they r happy and healthy ,u never bought anything pink did ya ? :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Helen i like the name reggie best from ur list

ill tell u a few of my fav boys names

(1) kai
(2) tye
(3)alfie
(4) bailey
(5) jack
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 16:17:06 PM »
Awww bless him  :Luv:  :Luv: I'm not very good at sexing kittens and have given up hope of ever getting it right  :Crazy:  I usually wait for the little "peas" to appear and then I know for deffo it's a boy  :evillaugh:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 16:04:01 PM »
Snap hannah LOL

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 16:03:23 PM »
or you can steal Cody   (  just to annoy Lynn )

:no no:

besides surely one codster munster is more than enough  :rofl:

aw i really like the name kalum now, kal for short  ;D  (goes to write it in my name book  :evillaugh:)

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 16:02:36 PM »
scandelous!!!!!! hehe, poor little confused boy! least all sorted now! have to say i'd probably call him (!) Kal...... which would usually be Kali i'm sure too but... its not bad as a boys name is it?

ah well congrats on 2 gorgeous boys then!!!! xx

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 16:01:15 PM »
Ahhhhhh this is what happened with my Kyle (rip) that i took on as a stray in 2005.  The vet nurses thought he was a girl and as he was so thin and boney named him Kylie only to later find he was a boy and change it to Kyle!!!
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 15:56:06 PM »
 :rofl: I am hugely amused by this but can't say why!

I like Lucas, though Calum has a nice ring to it too, or you can steal Cody   ( :rofl: just to annoy Lynn )

Kyle is nice too if you want to stick to K. Cameron is another I like a lot.

Offline Lisa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 15:36:38 PM »
Awww bless her his paws! he is very very pretty regardless
I think something beginning with R to go with Riley would be nice. Reggie is my fave

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 15:27:30 PM »
I like Floyd  :) then again, I also think the names Muesli (got the idea from the kitty in the rehoming section) and crinkle (my fave word) are nice  :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 15:25:07 PM »
Kallum / Callum LOL just to be contraversial because it sounds similar when you say it, not that she..sorry he will have got used to his name but we all have  :rofl:

cant believe he's a boy...he just looks like a girl  :Crazy:  Oh well he's a pretty boy like my connor  ;D

out of your names i like lucas and baxter (my best mates dobbie is called baxter and he's lovely  ;D)

(ps ive just remembered a vet i used to work with had a sister with a cat called callum  :Luv: not that that is at all relevant  :rofl:)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 15:22:10 PM »
Awww. At least you know now ;)

I'm rubbish at naming anything which is why my husband refuses to let me name anything without his approval.

Probably shouldn't have tried Crisis Averted for our Lirael Ann Reese.

good luck with picking a new name, though I'd just mess around with the spelling of Kali :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Kali is a boy!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 15:16:38 PM »
Kali and Riley went to the vets today for their first vaccinations.  I had a sneaking suspicion that all was not right down below with Kali but it has been confirmed - Kali is a boy  :shy:

When I first went to see them after losing Tiggy I was adamant that I wanted two boys as I didn't think I'd be able to love another girl like I love Tiggy.  Of course when I saw her him I fell in love.  I'm actually a bit sad that she he is a boy now!

Anyway I love Kali just the same whether boy or girl and now I need to think of a new name.  I like 'human' names, but would like something a bit more on the unusual side.

This is what I had on my list when I was looking for two boy kittens:

Lucas

Floyd

Baxter

Reggie

Rupert

Rufus

What do you think?  Feel free to add new suggestions as I'm a bit stuck on this one!

Link to CatChat